Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 09:44 PM

244 posts, read 390,450 times

Advertisements

Its so hard to trust someone when they haven't told you a single true thing the full 4 years you have known them, everytime obama has opened his mouth a lie falls out, "you will get the see every bill online for 5 days before it is signed" lie, " obamacare will not cover illegals" lie, I could go on for days, Hes a pathological lair, I don't know what people see in him, to me he looks like a shady used car salesman, nothing about him says trust me if he stood up and told the nation the skin is green ****ing most dems would believe him , not because he is right, but because they hate the right so much, they are blind, they can't see due to the hatred they hold for the Right, he has been caught lying so many time and the news just will not call him out on it its a damn shame. I really feel for this country if this idiot is elected for another 4 years. Stevens father said he wasn't going to make this political, but when hilary told him they was going to arrest the film maker and hold him accountable , after the memos had already came out, he knew something was up, It doesn't take a rocket sientist to to know 2+2 doesn't add up to 5 ... . Open you eyes and minds and stop and think about somethingother than reality tv and xboxes. We are in real ****ing trouble people and I really don't know how we are going to fix it long as people are distracted by crap like danceing with the washed up stars and those other stupid as shows, I remember int eh 70's and 80's mother****ers use to call **** like it was and protest in front of the white house and let it be known they where not going to put up with ****, not now, the nation is a flock of mindless sheeple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 10:26 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art2ro View Post
You just answered my question! They screwed up and who cares of all of the assertions by the Pentagon and the CIA!
Originally Posted by hotair2
You see none of the stuff you said is true. You got your information from Fox News...First mistake. Second Mistake you believed them. You are not alone, but I hope you get your news from someone other than Fox next time.

Based on reports people have seen and heard on Fox News, talk radio and elsewhere, People are positive that officials watched a live video feed in the White House situation room from an overhead drone as the attack in Benghazi unfolded. He knows that a U.S. Special Operations team was available in Sicily to help rescue the besieged Americans, but wasn't sent. People are sure that President Obama or his aides refused requests to dispatch an AC-130 Spectre gunship that could have mowed down the attackers with its fearsome rotating cannons.

"The bottom line," they believe, "is that [Obama] had the ability to save those four Americans and didn't do it."

Officials in the Pentagon and the intelligence community contend that none of those assertions are true.

In an extraordinary effort to refute them, senior intelligence officials released a detailed timeline Thursday of CIA actions in Benghazi, after trying for weeks to keep the extent of the CIA's presence there a secret. Pentagon officials, meanwhile, disclosed details about military forces they set in motion after learning of the attack

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,1460298.stor

I screwed that post up. Here I have fixed it. If you had read the article you would have recognized how I screwed it up. I have fixed it for you. It would be more helpful if you read the whole article. I don't want to cut and paste the whole thing.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:45 PM

244 posts, read 390,450 times
dude I trust the idiots in the pentagon less than i trust cnn, and i damn sure don't thrust them, these ****ers are lying to cover their asses, its gonna come out, and when it does its not goiung to be pretty, You can't make this **** up, lies from the administration, Why the BS story about a movie? for 2 goddamn weeks they spouted that BS knowing full goddamn well it wasn't and threw an American citizen in jail to cover their lie.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Rockford View Post
dude I trust the idiots in the pentagon less than i trust cnn, and i damn sure don't thrust them, these ****ers are lying to cover their asses, its gonna come out, and when it does its not goiung to be pretty, You can't make this **** up, lies from the administration, Why the BS story about a movie? for 2 goddamn weeks they spouted that BS knowing full goddamn well it wasn't and threw an American citizen in jail to cover their lie.
Actually you can make this stuff up. Fox Did, but I guess you trust Fox. You trust Fox more than the pentagon, more than the CIA, more than the military, more than CNN (most trusted- pew research poll). Basically more than anyone else. Dude, Fox lies.

FOX NEWS- LIES, LIES, LIES --See For Yourself (part 1 of 2) - YouTube

Old 11-02-2012, 10:55 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,922 times
Benghazi is not a valid news story.

Only Fox mentions it.

Why is Benghazi even worthy of a thread?

Old 11-02-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Benghazi is not a valid news story.

Only Fox mentions it.

Why is Benghazi even worthy of a thread?
Joe, we agree it is not a valid news story. Did you notice the number of threads from Fox Zombies being posted by Fox Zombies before I debunked them. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who believe everything that they hear on Fox, which makes it news.

The fact that Fox made up a huge elaborate lie I think is news. The Fact that Fox deceived so many people, I think is news.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:28 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
The GOP is definitely obsessed with Benghazi. Of course every life is important, but what about the soldiers that were electrocuted in Iraq during the Bush administration? Where was their outrage back then?

Military Contractor Gets Away With Electrocuting American Soldier In Iraq

"On January 2, 2008, Staff Sgt. Ryan Maseth died in Iraq after being electrocuted by his shower. It was, according to the medical reports, a slow and painful death. The water pump was not grounded and, when it shorted, the electricity flowed through the pipes and water to kill Sgt. Maseth."

"This is not an uncommon event in Iraq and Afghanistan where hundreds have experienced shocks and at least twelve have died in showers built by Haliburton subsidiary, KBR. Haliburton and KBR “won†the no-bid contracts for troop support in the two war zones under the Bush administration. "

I still believe there should be a thorough investigation, but it is clear to me that the Republicans used the attack on the consulate in Benghazi to bring down Obama before this election.

Gee-wizz Nancy, there's so much wrong with this I'm not sure where to begin.

Was there opposition to an investigation of these electrocution incidents?

At the time the four Americans were killed in Benghazi, was Libya an active war zone controlled by US forces such that the same rules would apply to both cases?

While I'll accept that Bush should have taken the time to personally inspect each and every rain room in Iraq and that he is personally responsible for the injury or death of anyone serving in Iraq who was the victim of faulty, dangerous or otherwise sh*tty equipment, how does that square with the left's goal of gutting the military budget?

Can you provide an official response from the Administration to Ambassador Steven's multiple pleas for additional security that explains why his requests were denied?

Since we know now that the attack lasted for more than eight hours, can you provide us with one of those cool videos of Obama, Clinton and Biden huddled around a video screen watching events unfold the way they did when Obama personally killed UBL?

Obama didn't think Al Qaeda and/or similar groups were in Libya?

Obama never noticed that terrorists tend to schedule attacks for anniversaries, like 9/11?

No one told him the British pulled-out because the place was too effin' dangerous and they weren't really sure who the good guys were, if the good guy's ranks had been infiltrated by the bad guys or if they could trust anyone over there to not shoot their people in the back (see Afghanistan)?

All this is bad, but all presidents eff-up and I don't fault someone for being human.

What is different about this particular situation is the lie that was told to cover-up the Administration's monumental screw-up when we now know that the White House knew everything on September 12th.

Sure, they knew the truth would come out eventually, but their plan was to run with the horse s**t "spontaneous uprising" cover story for as long as possible or November 7th, whichever came first.

In this, Obama, Biden, Clinton, Carney and Rice are equally guilty co-conspirators engaged in an organized effort to deceive the public for no other purpose than to cover their own a** after really f*****g-up.

Without bringing the intellectual capacity of a man who choked himself unconscious with a pretzel into the conversation, does it not bother you that Obama is stupid enough to allow this to happen?

Again, without references to past dumb-a***s, does it not bother you that so much though and effort was put into the lie when the same diligence would have saved four lives?

I have to admit that I've criticized Obama in the past for being a follower, and that to the point of following Britain and France into a war to protect European oil supplies.

But wouldn't you know it?

The first time this guy tries to think for himself, he sticks around after Britain pulls out and this happens.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:57 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I asked you what your news sources were and you ducked the question,so i'm left to suspect all your news sources are all biased rightwing faux news manipulators like FOX or the Blaze or Limbaugh and Beck whose sole intent is trashing the president and democrats, these rightie news sources seem to be the only ones casting allegations of any wrongdoing by the President or those in command of the situation.
Oddly enough these sources are also the major purveyors of all the latest birther news and other news stories that foment hate for the President and those that dont agree with rightie ways of thinking.
I think i'll stick with my sources of news.
I have yet to see or read ONE news source favorable to either party that said that the EMBASSY was attacked, as you claim. Why don't you post your news sources that claims it was the embassy?

I didn't put any stock in the birther claims, they were ridiculous. The only "latest" birth claim came from Trump. The birther claims have seem to have pretty much died out, so what latest birther news are you talking about?

There are lies and then there are lies. The focus on what was and what was not done during during the attack is deflecting from finding the answers to other questions regarding the issue of security, or the lack there of (congressional hearing, on going investigation), and now gun running to the enemy.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
We have lost over 3000 lives in Afghanistan. Do you expect the President to explain why everyone of those people lost their lives? The people who died were CIA operatives, they knew this was a risk when they took the job. The Ambassador knew the risks as well and he chose to be there. These were all great men serving our country. You tarnish their service and sacrifice for political gain.

There may be some issues with Patreus and the CIA, I would imagine that Patreus will be fired in Obama's second term, but there is no reason to do it until after the election and the investigation is complete.

The bottom line is right now you do not have the need to know. When the investigation is complete they will tell, as long as it does not jeopardize national security. National security is more important than your desire to burn Obama.
The question of embassy/compound security (lack of) is highly important and is being questioned and investigated (congressional hearing). Was the security of the covert operation more important than protecting those Americans involved? They were left to rely on local militia that were untrained and possibly infiltrated by AQ. The local militia were the first to run. I didn't read anywhere where it mentioned any local militia being killed during the two attacks.

How timely the transition to remove Petreaus - after the election when Obama reshuffles his cabinet.

There only admission to there being a covert operation would probably come from Obama when he claims plausible deniability, which would recuse him from knowing anything. Worked for Reagan. The other option is someone stepping forward and revealing that there was a covert operation and that would sink Obama if the plausible deniability doesn't stick.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Joe, we agree it is not a valid news story. Did you notice the number of threads from Fox Zombies being posted by Fox Zombies before I debunked them. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who believe everything that they hear on Fox, which makes it news.

The fact that Fox made up a huge elaborate lie I think is news. The Fact that Fox deceived so many people, I think is news.
How mature: Fox Zombies. Why all the name calling? It makes it hard to take someone serious that constantly makes an argument by the childish behavior of name calling. There seems to be alot of people from both sides that want to believe what suits them.

I would think that if there are so many lies and the extent of slander being spewed by FOX that there is the potential for the government to bring a lawsuit or investigate who their "unnamed sources/officals" are. What you have single-handedly revealed to the world and "debunking Republicans" is based on unnamed official sources. Holds as much water and credibility as the unnamed officials sources that FOX uses. You cannot claim your unnamed sources/officials discounts what other unnamed sources/officials say. 1+1=2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies