Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 03:24 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
That's the thing, there are many right wingers that do believe this crap.

There are many gullible people that think they are being "good christians" by obeying and believing outrageous garbage like the gays caused the hurricane because their pastor told them so.

The same for others when they say Obama caused it.

Also for the Beck sheep. He isn't making a boatload of cash over nothing, they believe his lies like his guest that said the hurricane is a lib conspiracy to take away your guns.

Don't underestimate the stupidity and ignorance of those on the far right, they will believe anything, no matter how insane their propaganda masters tell them.
Well of course they believe it. People that are deeply politically indoctrinated will believe whatever they want to believe, however you are dealing with people that have already made up their minds and it will have no impact.

Ever heard the saying, "we are least tolerant of the sins we commit"?

<holds up a mirror>

Old 11-01-2012, 03:26 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Oh Hum!!!.......the same things were said by the left during Katrina........rumors and gossip will never get us ahead.

Think people............on both sides.......
RUN-DMC - You Talk Too Much - YouTube
That was pretty good..

Old 11-01-2012, 03:27 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Ah, yes, blame it on the gays. I was watching coverage of Sandy in my local IKEA when a woman I'd never met before laid that one on me. Still have no idea why on earth she thought I would be receptive to her thoughts on the matter. People are obnoxious!
I'd have started laughing at her.

Then I would have commented about the father and son that drowned and asked her if she was insinuating they'd been having sex with each other....but sincerely to really embarass her.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:29 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Couple days from now and Al Gore will be on MSNBC pouting that he did it as proof.....

Old 11-01-2012, 03:31 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'd have started laughing at her.

Then I would have commented about the father and son that drowned and asked her if she was insinuating they'd been having sex with each other....but sincerely to really embarass her.
I was truly dumb-founded. This is a fairly educated area, and I'd never encountered that kind of stupidity in person. I simply asked her what on earth gave her the impression I wanted to hear that kind of nonsense. She reddened, mumbled an apology for offending me, told me she was Catholic (huh?), and took off for another part of the store.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:38 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
If not global warming/climate change then how do you explain 2 hurricanes hitting the north east in 2 years ? Something that has not happened in a VERY VERY LONG TIME ?
"A VERY VERY LONG TIME" is not a scientific term.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:43 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
There are nutcases on both sides. Liberals were saying Bush bombed the levies in New Orleans during Katrina because he hates blacks. How much more tin foil can you get than that?
No educated people were surmising that

Guess what, in NJ the levees broke too, The infrastructure is not maintained.

And at least Obama didnt have "heckuva job Brownie" comments when ALL PEOPLE OF ALL RACES are without water , food ,gas and heat.

A DISASTER/Act of God (in the legal sense) IS NOT A RACE ISSUE.

The far right is consumed with idiocy and dis-info.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:59 PM

59,058 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Whenever disaster strikes, the right wingers always come out guns blazing with ridiculous trash to politicize and blame "da libs" and hurricane Sandy is no exception. Here's the top 5 tinfoil conspiracies from the right wingers:

#5 A right wing evangelical pastor says Sandy was caused by the gays, and that Obama is "100% behind the muslim brotherhood"

"Obama is 100 percent behind the Muslim Brotherhood which has vowed to destroy Israel and take Jerusalem. Both candidates are pro-homosexual and are behind the homosexual agenda. America is under political judgment and the church does not know it!"

Conservative Christians Blame the Gays for Hurricane Sandy :: EDGE Boston

#4, The World Nut Daily claims Sandy was caused by god because he's mad at the way Obama has been handling Isreal.

WorldNet Daily Continues to Pump Out Outrageous Propaganda | Southern Poverty Law Center

#3, Obama did it! The far right nutcase Alex Jones' propaganda site inforwars is reporting that Obama caused Sandy to happen.

"As Hurricane Sandy blasts the eastern seaboard just over a week before Election Day, a number of conspiracy theorists have decided President Barack Obama engineered the mega-storm to secure his re-election.
InfoWars.com, TheIntelHub.com, and ConsfearacyNewz all posted stories over the last several days alleging that the The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program, or HAARP, helped the president engineer Sandy."

Conspiracy Theorists Say Obama Engineered Hurricane Sandy - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

#2, It's a liberal conspiracy to take yurrrrr gunnnnnzzzz!!

A far right wing NRA nutcase went on where else, Beck to discuss how Sandy is a liberal conspiracy to take away your guns.

Glenn Beck and Cam Edwards Discuss Americans’ Gun Rights During State of Emergency | Video | TheBlaze.com

And the #1 most insane right wing tinfoil conspiracy over hurricane Sandy,......drum roll please,...

Sandy was caused to allow Obama to hide the October job's report because it is so bad it would cost him the election!

Right-Wing Media Use Hurricane To Double Down On Unemployment Conspiracy Theory | Blog | Media Matters for America

Keep it crazy right wingers, it brings us in the realm of sanity non-stop entertainment
Hmm. I noticed you didn't mention the lefts biggest nut case of them all, the left's hero AlGore blaming Sandy on global warming. Why?

http://politix.[domain blocked due to spam].com/homepage/26...urricane-sandy

Bloomberg and Cuomo blame Hurricane Sandy on climate change

[LEFT]
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...#ixzz2B0lRL3lz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
[/LEFT]

You wouldn't be biased, would you?

IMO, there are many more left wing nut cases that believe in this garbage then righties.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 11-01-2012 at 04:11 PM..

Old 11-01-2012, 04:02 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Hmm. I noticed you didn't mention the lefts hero AlGore blaming Sandy on global warming. Why?
Look out, it's right behind you.
Is it cold in that cave?

Al Gore: Hurricane Sandy is a global-warming warning - Andrew Restuccia - POLITICO.com

Old 11-01-2012, 04:26 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Ah, yes, blame it on the gays. I was watching coverage of Sandy in my local IKEA when a woman I'd never met before laid that one on me. Still have no idea why on earth she thought I would be receptive to her thoughts on the matter. People are obnoxious!
Similar thing happened to me a few weeks ago after the first debate, which had re-invigorated Romney's candidacy. Was waiting in a slow line at the bank with about a dozen or so strangers (all of us white), when a news show on the bank tv mentioned the debates, which folks suddenly then started talking about. Just then a middle-aged gal standing next to her husband fiercely shouts to everyone in line... "Whites have to stick together in this election!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies