Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2012, 09:01 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You say all of this, but have you ever asked WHY?
They were never denied their culture when they came over here. They, like most new blacks that came to this country culturally intact unlike the decendants of the slaves and therefore do not have relatives lost in the stuggles of getting equality in this country. This is why many of them come on these forums completely ignorant of American past and downtalk the American blacks. I look at many of them as that kid that comes to a fight after it is over and kicks the loser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
As is Clarence Thomas.
Not by the majority of blacks!

I guess that you think herman "uncle ruckus" cain is well respected by black americans as well

Old 11-03-2012, 09:05 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Not by the majority of blacks!

I guess that you think herman "uncle ruckus" cain is well respected by black americans as well
Do you think that you can be slightly more offensive?

We are discussing the Honorable Justice Clarence Thomas.

Show some respect.

Cain was my original choice during the primaries - but he dropped out before California could vote.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Till you know some about the history or the Jews and especially the Irish; which was real bad, then you may know that the latter were bigger "N words" back in the day than even "free persons of color". Our rep was THAT bad before the Civil War.

It's gonna take time for the "pipeline" to be filled with capable Black people before we see change on companies. Obama smashed the LAST glass ceiling for Black people in the US tho Obama's as "white" as he's "black". You need to remember there WAS Jim Crow and other real racism in the US till not long ago; many Blacks have moved UP in just a few years.

This is true to a certain degree. Whenever you compare the struggles of the Irish and the Italians to Black Americans you have to remember they were still treated better and in a short period of time that were assimulated into the dominate class. As far as Jews are concerned, they have suffered historically longer than anyone else but they have not only caught up but surpassed non-jews in influence and power in this country. Think about this, when was the last time that anyone went on national media said anything anti-semitic and not go unpunished? Now compare that to blacks?

Because of institutionalized racism blacks will never be on complete equal footing as white males in this country, they just will not give up that type of power not even to whitewomen.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The ONLY way American Blacks as a group will earn real respect is when THEY clean up their own "world". It's happening but I'm afraid many of the hard case hoot rats will have to die off 1st "allowing" the smarter and more "git 'er done" Black people to rise up.
...And at the same time old racist whites need to die off as well and not pass their prejuices on to their children.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
I have. It means to do things like; pay your bills, do homework, get an education.....
I thought that it was talking nasally, walking with your butt cheeks clenched tight and not being able to dance with any type of rhythm

Old 11-03-2012, 09:16 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,168,984 times
Quote:
...And at the same time old racist whites need to die off as well and not pass their prejuices on to their children.
So......may I assume you're passing your prejudices onto your children?

Old 11-03-2012, 09:18 PM

72,977 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
They were never denied their culture when they came over here. They, like most new blacks that came to this country culturally intact unlike the decendants of the slaves and therefore do not have relatives lost in the stuggles of getting equality in this country. This is why many of them come on these forums completely ignorant of American past and downtalk the American blacks. I look at many of them as that kid that comes to a fight after it is over and kicks the loser.
That is one part of what I've always said. Alot of problems that people complain about in regards to Black Americans have alot to do with culture. Black Africans who come here by choice and can choose to either keep their culture or adopt American culture. Black Americans came here by force, were stripped of everything. Even more, alot of African-Americans were exposed to some of the worst cultural traits of poor southern culture. Normally, there are alot of things I don't agree on with Thomas Sowell, but his essay "Black Rednecks and White Liberals" actually makes some sense when you think about it. "Ghetto culture" is often portrayed by many to be "authentically Black". The irony is that this culture has its roots in the "redneck culture" in the South.
Black Rednecks and White Liberals | The Freeman | Ideas On Liberty

Old 11-03-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
You mean like reverend wright, mr obama's mentor, pastor, and friend for 20 some odd years. You mean like him?

reverend wright video - Bing Videos
Considering this was going on in his place of worship and not in the media, meanwhile mitt's religion has been rarely mentioned. If Obama was not running for president white america would not even know who he was. Off of the top of your head can you name mitt's spirtual leader?

Old 11-03-2012, 09:22 PM

72,977 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
It won't as long as it's subsidized by the federal government. Cut off the checks and you cut off the lifestyle. You see irresponsible behavior in poor white communities too. Government "help" isn't always helpful. Sometimes it's just downright harmful to the very people it's supposed to help.
I don't know if cutting of "the checks" will work. There are still people who need some help whenever they have fallen on hard times. If people don't think they'll survive, they might find other ways to survive that involve more crime.

What do you do about people who are selling cocaine and crack in the streets?

What do you do about people who are basically in and out of prison most of their lives?

What do you do about people who make money from acting like buffoons, courtesy of some TV producer or music producer? You must also take into account that "hood rat" behavior is sometimes implicitly encouraged in some shows.Think about alot of things on MTV, alot of rap and alternative music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies