Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 03:49 PM

398 posts, read 818,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
On this we disagree. I do not think that he fully attributed the Benghazi attack on the video at any time. Statements from him, the WH Press Secretary, and Administration officials mostly stated that the matter was still under investigation and they didn't want to speculate (see quotes below) but he obviously refused to rule it out until all of the facts were in, and even the CIA was initially convinced it had played a role.
Ambassador Rice, while drawing conclusions (prematurely, in my opinion), was acting on information she got directly from the CIA, and is the only person I've seen blaming the incident entirely on the video.

I also believe that Obama kept the video as part of the dialogue because the Benghazi attack was not the only incident of violence in the Middle East at the time, and he felt it was important to condemn all of these acts of violence across the board, since many extremist elements were trying to justify these violent acts with the video in question. I know many are in denial about this, but Benghazi wasn't the only violent anti-American incident happening in the region (Cairo, anyone?) though we can all agree that it was the worst.

And again, it was the CIA, not the President that made the initial assessment that it was because of the video...

Jay Carney, the WH Press Secretary was saying this the day after:

This was the day after the incident, but some here are saying that Obama tried to sell us a lie for weeks afterwards. Well, unless "The matter is under investigation" is a lie, you are sadly mistaken.
The president and Hillary made statements at the memorial for the family members that it was about the video. Now why would they do that then? That was after J Carneys statement.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:52 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badland wonder View Post
The president and Hillary made statements at the memorial for the family members that it was about the video. Now why would they do that then? That was after J Carneys statement.

Obama also went to the UN and said in his speech (Sept 25th) that a video should never be an excuse to attack a diplomatic mission and kill an ambassador.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:53 PM

398 posts, read 818,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
And that's a bad thing how? Should we act before we have accurate information? Should we just randomly bomb some city in Libya just to show them how pissed off we are?
Whoa there ...you just jumped from getting factual information to bombing Libya.
We both know there are a thousand other steps before anything of such a nature.
If there was live feed of the attack, they might of had some pretty good actual info right there.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:59 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badland wonder View Post
Still trying to figure out why this is important, but more importantly you are off topic.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:48 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
There's a funny thing about telling the truth......your story doesn't need to change every time a new piece of evidence pops-up and contradicts your last lie.
And you win the prize........ i totally agree and this being any CIA thing is a joke..... it's just more excuses....

We all KNOW who was on the ground over there... This is clearly Obama's and Hillary's responsibility.

Hotair i want heads. ALL of them that counts the terrorists too but i want these 2 other heads for the failure.

Obama is just one failure after another and i am dead sick of all his excuses. It has nothing to do with his skin. i was as sick of GWB, Bill Clinton the Impeached and it seems still running for office....

I want the corruption GONE and i expect it gone on the 6th.

Maybe read the Declaration of Independence to get how angry i am. I am not angry at you, but i am tired of your excuses too, since you worship Obama.

This guy is a leader, he has no ability... he couldn't run a roadside lemonaid stand on a bet. I am sick of his guessing....

Old 11-02-2012, 04:52 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
And you win the prize........ i totally agree and this being any CIA thing is a joke..... it's just more excuses....

We all KNOW who was on the ground over there... This is clearly Obama's and Hillary's responsibility.

Hotair i want heads. ALL of them that counts the terrorists too but i want these 2 other heads for the failure.

Obama is just one failure after another and i am dead sick of all his excuses. It has nothing to do with his skin. i was as sick of GWB, Bill Clinton the Impeached and it seems still running for office....

Maybe read the Declaration of Independence to get how angry i am. I am not angry at you, but i am tired of your excuses too, since you worship Obama.

This guy is a leader, he has no ability... he couldn't run a roadside lemonaid stand on a bet. I am sick of his guessing....
Step away from the computer and take a breath it will be o.k. Your anger is misplaced. You have been taken in by con men at Faux News.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-benghazi.html

Old 11-02-2012, 04:59 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

I'm thinking that it's not based on the WSJ story that ran yesterday. It is behind a paywall, but, there's this:

Diplopundit

The following confirms that the two SEALs killed were CIA operatives.

News Outlets Held Back Detail Of Benghazi Attack At CIA's Request

Now, that leads to lots more questions for me, but, I suspect that this is closer to the truth than a lot of the foam that has been swirling around for the last month or so.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:39 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Claiming everyone else pulled their embassy staff out is simply....wait for it...: Not true.
Talk about tit for tat!

Canada, British, and the Red Cross pulled out, and we didn't. THIS IS A FACT

As for this thread:

Retired Army Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer said on television Saturday he has sources claiming President Barack Obama was in White House situation room watching the 9/11 terrorist attack on the United States Consulate in Benghazi, Libya in real time.
Read more at Retired Lt. Col. Says Obama Watched Benghazi Attack In Real Time

and

At a Pentagon news briefing, Panetta said there was no "real-time information" to be able to act on, even though the U.S. military was prepared to do so. "You don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on," Panetta said. "(We) felt we could not put forces at risk in that situation." Panetta said there was no "real-time information" to be able to act on, even though the U.S. military was prepared to do so. "You don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on," Panetta said. "(We) felt we could not put forces at risk in that situation."

Now a week later the events have changed, miraculously.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:42 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I don't mock sources from reputable news sites. Faux news is not a reputable news site. You don't like the facts so you are going to disbelieve. Does not matter. We understand the motive of people on the right.

Not any that are actually reputable, just the ones you deem to be do.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:45 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
So "Faux" is not reputable,.... but NBC being in the tank for Obama,....is "reputable"? Nice to see one who picks and chooses who to believe. One has to wonder about the "senior official", and whether he/she really exists. Maybe another factoid from the left-leaning Obama media.

All we have here is lemmings for Obama.

Nothing new folks.......

Move along.

Summed up well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies