Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 03:25 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
That was started by Saddam Hussein who refused to co-operate with U.N. weapons inspectors. The entire world knew that Saddam Hussein and Iraq had WMD - we knew going back to the end of the Gulf War. Politicians from both sides in the U.S.A. publicly stated that he did. A U.N. resolution required that Saddam Hussein dispose of his WMD arsenal or face reprisals. The inspectors were not their on a "treasure hunt" - Saddam Hussien was required to account for the weapons.

In a post 9/11 world, especially with al-Qaeda being active in Iraq, we could not afford to allow that arsenal to exist. President Bush organized a coalition and garnered U.N. support for an invasion - and the coalition went in. By the time they got there the weapons were gone. Where did they go? Saddam Hussein had plenty of warning since we had to pussyfoot around to satisfy the Democrats who insisted on risking our national security so that they could attack a Republican president. A senior Iraqi Air Force officer stated that he saw the weapons being shipped across the border to Syria.

Saddam Husein could have avoided that invasion - but his actions precipitated it. He is responsible, just as he was responsible for gassing the Kurds, murdering, torturing, and raping his own people, oppressing women, and being a bully in a sensitive geopolitical area - the Middle East.

Iraq was liberated, improved, democratized, and the world is safer because of that and Saddam Hussein is now dead.

I will not allow Democratic revisionist history to stand or go unchallenged on this topic when I encounter it.

Want to supply another war - the causes for which you need me to explain?

I just did.
Man, are you clueless. If you remember, we went all over Iraq and Still can't find any WMD in that country a decade later. As well, there was no Al Qaeda in Iraq until our invasion (I'm sorry..... I mean the Bush/Rumsfeld/Wolfowitz invasion) destabilized that country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 03:43 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
And Mitt has promised to do away with these very kind of life-saving provisions that Obamacare insures:

Two years ago, Kevin F. Porter's daughter Erin, then 6 and living with leukemia since she was 3, "needed a bone-marrow transplant, just as Erin had nearly reached their insurance company’s lifetime cap and would no longer be covered for medical expenses. Then the family learned that a provision of the Obama health-care law had kicked in, barring lifetime caps for children. 'It lifted a huge burden off our shoulders,” her father, Kevin F. Potter, said. “We could have lost it all to pay for a transplant. Like any child’s parents we would have done it, but because of our president we didn’t have to. We could focus on Erin.”
Ohio Dad’s Star Turn at Obama Rally - Washington Wire - WSJ
My brother is a trauma surgeon , he and many factions in MD are against romney/ryan agenda.

Because good drs and nurses care about patients and empathy, not insurance company profits and red tape.

Ask any surgeon or nurse who is well-regarded, they know what the GOPs agenda stands for. Death panels in reality. If you arent a billionaire, you dont get a transplant.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:45 PM

629 posts, read 771,729 times
Iraq invaded our Ally, Kuwait we inturned upheld our UN obligation to come to the aid of our ally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
There was that little engagement in Iraq.......

Old 11-05-2012, 03:47 PM

Ahem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You'll find no Republican will touch that with a ten-foot pole.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:53 PM

The personal pronoun used in the quote was

"YOU"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
that's an interesting point. I didn't think of it from that angle.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:12 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Man, are you clueless. If you remember, we went all over Iraq and Still can't find any WMD in that country a decade later. As well, there was no Al Qaeda in Iraq until our invasion (I'm sorry..... I mean the Bush/Rumsfeld/Wolfowitz invasion) destabilized that country.
Did you not read my post carefully -- and/or have you bought in to the the Democratic revisioninist history?

I explained why we did not find WMD's in country quite clearly - go read my post again.

Also - U.S. intelligence assets contradict you when you claim that al Qaeda wasn't there - they most certainly were - and they were largely responsible for both early resistance and the insurgency.

You need to pay attention to facts or you will forever be confused and easily led as a sheeple like the left wants you to be.

Seek the truth. I told it.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicane View Post
Iraq invaded our Ally, Kuwait we inturned upheld our UN obligation to come to the aid of our ally
That was not what happened in 2003.

749 posts, read 838,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
And Mitt has promised to do away with these very kind of life-saving provisions that Obamacare insures:

Two years ago, Kevin F. Porter's daughter Erin, then 6 and living with leukemia since she was 3, "needed a bone-marrow transplant, just as Erin had nearly reached their insurance company’s lifetime cap and would no longer be covered for medical expenses. Then the family learned that a provision of the Obama health-care law had kicked in, barring lifetime caps for children. 'It lifted a huge burden off our shoulders,” her father, Kevin F. Potter, said. “We could have lost it all to pay for a transplant. Like any child’s parents we would have done it, but because of our president we didn’t have to. We could focus on Erin.”
Ohio Dad’s Star Turn at Obama Rally - Washington Wire - WSJ
You should be in the manure business....

You start more useless crap than just about anyone on this board.

We get it, you are up Balack Nobama's fanny.....stay cool in there.

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's good that you are here to enlighten us.
You are welcome.

I do my best.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Did you not read my post carefully -- and/or have you bought in to the the Democratic revisioninist history?

I explained why we did not find WMD's in country quite clearly - go read my post again.

Also - U.S. intelligence assets contradict you when you claim that al Qaeda wasn't there - they most certainly were - and they were largely responsible for both early resistance and the insurgency.

You need to pay attention to facts or you will forever be confused and easily led as a sheeple like the left wants you to be.

Seek the truth. I told it.
What assets are these? So Saddam snuck all those chemical weapons and nukes to.......Syria?

And next you'll tell me that emergency rooms provide great care for the uninsured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies