Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this dumb?
Yes 39 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 10:42 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I am at the stage where I am living and learning and my ideas and myself are evolving. I have toned it down a lot and mostly avoid the name calling. Though I lean right my favorate one was neo con, dam do I miss that one. You are so right when someone is name calling and making outrageous statements who will pay attention. I am gulity of that today when I refered to {D}s that have a certain political postion caliing them idiot savants. The point I was making was a good one and could have stood by itself.

But listening to ideas and learning is the main reason I come here and I have learned a lot and the forum is one the things that I enjoy in life. I think after the election it will tone down here a few notches and be more interesting with out that subject dominating so much. Lets hope the name calling tones down too I am going to try to do better.
Nice post. Like you, I try hard not to denigrate those who disagree with me by childish name-calling. I hope I never have, and if so, I hereby publicly apologize for it. Anytime I come across a post with names like 'Bammy or Mooochelle or Repugs or *******s I simply scroll on past. Anyone who can't make a point without resorting to third grade taunts has nothing to say that's worth hearing.

So in answer to the OP's question, yes, it is stupid and petty. Don't go there if you want to be viewed as an adult and taken seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 10:48 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I have decided to refer to the Republican Party as the Publican Party. Am I being stupid and petty?
why don't you call it the Pelican Party, they're kinda cute and they could quit exploiting the elephants for their questionable agenda.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:52 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Originally Posted by Oldhag1
Starting this thread is dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
and stupid and petty.
^that x100²

Old 11-05-2012, 11:23 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
I have my own shorthand slang for the parties ("Dems" and "Repubs") but it's not meant as a slur. It's just shorter.

To me a "publican" is someone who owns/runs a pub, and it's a weird abbreviation for "Republican".

Old 11-05-2012, 11:27 AM

1,403 posts, read 937,346 times
Dumb? yes Petty? no. I call them the republinazi party since they like using stormtrooper like tactics to keep dissenting opinions from being heard...

Old 11-05-2012, 09:55 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,447,355 times
Since "Yes" won universally I expect to never read "Democrat Party" on this board ever again.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:21 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
I have decided to refer to the Republican Party as the Publican Party. Am I being stupid and petty?
Nope, you're being Progressive and Forward Thinking.

I think you should call them the "Mean Old Poopyhead Party".

You'll get a lot more Progressives giving you CD reps

Old 11-06-2012, 12:11 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
35 votes say dumb............0 votes say not so dumb. You make the call. lol

Old 11-06-2012, 06:39 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,447,687 times
Quote:
Yes.

Rise above it. People who say "Democrat Party" are ignorant ... either deliberately, or they were born that way and will always be that ignorant.

Hint: if a person's post is thoughtful, articulate, with correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar, and yet "Democrat Party" is used, they are being ignorant by choice. Don't try to "get even" - just pity them their ignorant ways.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:27 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Nice post. Like you, I try hard not to denigrate those who disagree with me by childish name-calling. I hope I never have, and if so, I hereby publicly apologize for it. Anytime I come across a post with names like 'Bammy or Mooochelle or Repugs or *******s I simply scroll on past. Anyone who can't make a point without resorting to third grade taunts has nothing to say that's worth hearing.

So in answer to the OP's question, yes, it is stupid and petty. Don't go there if you want to be viewed as an adult and taken seriously.
I have never heard the word '*******s' obummer, etc etc, et. al. , until coming to this forum after 08.

before 08 it was much more civil. I have seen some of the rudest vile comments re: women and minorities here since 08.

It reflects on lack of education, I wonder where some of these zealots work. If they speak like that in the workplace they would be sued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies