Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 12:51 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
US military flying power equipment to storm area - Business - Boston.com

And why wasn't the above (which I was mocked for suggesting in an earlier post) done BEFORE the storm hit?

Obama asking for the "highway routes" this convoy would take is just another example of how clueless this President really is. Military transport planes, Zero! We've had those ever since, oh, those "boats that go under water and stuff."
As my mother, may she rest in peace, would have said "For Peter Pan's Sake"! Apparently you, in NY, weren't following the storm as closely as I was here in CO. They didn't know where the storm would hit until it made landfall! It was thought it might hit the DC area. What part of that don't you understand? You can't declare an area a "disaster area" until there IS a disaster!

And get over your pity party. You posted some snarky icons directed at those who disagree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I didn't comment at all. I just want to know what he did.
And three hours before you posted the above, TigerLily24 told you what he (Obama) did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I would have had FEMA trailers waiting in Illinois or Indiana ready to move in immediately after the storm stopped, and set them up on HIGH GROUND near the hardest hit areas. I just saw power workers from Alabama and Seattle, WA, working to restore power on the east end of my town which is still without power. Our only gas station in town has NO GAS and no power. Emergency workers were clearly "needed" so I think it would be a lot better to have the manpower being able to immediately place people in warm, safe housing then leaving them to roam the streets and have the elderly freeze to death. There is nothing PRO-active about the Federal government. Everything is reactive.
I'm tellin' ya, you should send FEMA your resume. Have you any idea how long it would take to get these trailers from Illinois or Indiana to NY/NJ? At least 12 hours!

Old 11-05-2012, 01:18 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
As my mother, may she rest in peace, would have said "For Peter Pan's Sake"! Apparently you, in NY, weren't following the storm as closely as I was here in CO. They didn't know where the storm would hit until it made landfall! It was thought it might hit the DC area. What part of that don't you understand? You can't declare an area a "disaster area" until there IS a disaster!

And get over your pity party. You posted some snarky icons directed at those who disagree with you.
Relax Kat, there are alot of monday morning armchair quarterbacks using the forum.

Some do not know how long it takes the military to manifest and mobilize itself in any type of situation. Sometimes it takes the military weeks to gather materials and mobilize them, it's a logistical nightmare, and by the time the storm began bearing down, the military could have ended up with stranded aircraft on the tarmac. The military doesn't like sending aircraft into hurricane or storm zones.

It might have been ok to send aircraft, but what about them getting caught up in the storm, without air refueling capabilities?

It's easy for people to criticize others while sitting in front of a keyboard when they have not a clue as to how things work, and how things get done.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:19 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Republicans think that anyone who praises what Obama has done to be traitorous, that is how much they hate him. It is really childish if you think about it.
Your statement is what is childish. I know MANY repubs, myself included, that DON'T "think" what you accuse us of.

You shouldn't paint everyone with such a wide brush because of your own hatred.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:58 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
The Red Cross is government?
I'm pretty sure the OP is railing against Obama's lack of support.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:07 PM

37,188 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Maybe about the same thing Bush did for Katrina victims.
Obamna was on the ground immediately. Bush flew over a week after Katrina.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:16 PM

568 posts, read 962,223 times
Quote:
Relax Kat, there are alot of monday morning armchair quarterbacks using the forum.

Some do not know how long it takes the military to manifest and mobilize itself in any type of situation. Sometimes it takes the military weeks to gather materials and mobilize them, it's a logistical nightmare, and by the time the storm began bearing down, the military could have ended up with stranded aircraft on the tarmac. The military doesn't like sending aircraft into hurricane or storm zones.

It might have been ok to send aircraft, but what about them getting caught up in the storm, without air refueling capabilities?

It's easy for people to criticize others while sitting in front of a keyboard when they have not a clue as to how things work, and how things get done.
Amen

Old 11-05-2012, 02:23 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Obamna was on the ground immediately. Bush flew over a week after Katrina.
I know friend, I was making another feeble attempt at trying to be comical, I will not quit my day job of babysitting mongrels though.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:52 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:

G.W.BUSH was criticized for this excuse you are allowing Obama to get away with

Old 11-05-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
G.W.BUSH was criticized for this excuse you are allowing Obama to get away with
Uh, uh, uh! Bush is not the president! We can't compare anything he did to what Obama has done. You guys set that standard on Jan. 20, 2009 at 12:05 PM! Remember?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies