Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 03:06 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I remember the hugging and mugging for the camera but I'm drawing a blank on what President Obama did for the Sandy victims. Tell me.
He didn't do anything. He doesn't care about white people (or black people. or brown. or asian for that matter)

Rudy Giuliani: Obama's response to Hurricane Sandy is worse than Katrina.
"Right now President Obama is doing a terrible job of disaster relief in my city, but no one is talking about. People don't have water, they don't have food, electricity and his FEMA is nowhere to be found. This is a worse response than Katrina...They are still finding bodies in Staten Island. People are yelling and screaming, 'How does the president get all this praise for disaster relief? How does Gov. Christie give him all this praise?' He's doing a terrible job with disaster relief...This is a much worse than it used to be under President Bush."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2012, 03:07 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I would have had FEMA trailers waiting in Illinois or Indiana ready to move in immediately after the storm stopped, and set them up on HIGH GROUND near the hardest hit areas. I just saw power workers from Alabama and Seattle, WA, working to restore power on the east end of my town which is still without power. Our only gas station in town has NO GAS and no power. Emergency workers were clearly "needed" so I think it would be a lot better to have the manpower being able to immediately place people in warm, safe housing then leaving them to roam the streets and have the elderly freeze to death. There is nothing PRO-active about the Federal government. Everything is reactive.
My prayers go out to a those affected.........But
I am so sick of some folks using this horrific disaster as their political platform...
..."power workers from states away helping" And your point should be gratitude

Get out there and help folks.

Exactly. Federal Emergency Management Assistance.....Proactive was supposed to be the folks warned of the approaching storm and getting their ducks in a row. Now, I'm not faulting...but you asked, so there is your answer. Reactive.....declared emergency And if there are elderly folks you are aware of...Get out there and help them. Here are some websites that you can use to provide information about distribution sites and disaster efforts where folks can get help.
https://twitter.com/redcrossny
FEMA.gov | Federal Emergency Management Agency

Old 11-05-2012, 04:43 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
G.W.BUSH was criticized for this excuse you are allowing Obama to get away with
Maybe you'd like to be the President?

Old 11-05-2012, 05:33 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
He didn't do anything. He doesn't care about white people (or black people. or brown. or asian for that matter)

"Right now President Obama is doing a terrible job of disaster relief in my city, but no one is talking about. People don't have water, they don't have food, electricity and his FEMA is nowhere to be found. This is a worse response than Katrina...They are still finding bodies in Staten Island. People are yelling and screaming, 'How does the president get all this praise for disaster relief? How does Gov. Christie give him all this praise?' He's doing a terrible job with disaster relief...This is a much worse than it used to be under President Bush."

You know what, I tried not to laugh at this tripe because its really not funny. But when you read something so ridiculous as to compare the bodies that were left laying on the highway, laying in the water with the stomachs bust open. The thousands packed in that stadium, the stench, reports of women walking around with their monthly, children walking around with dirty dipers, parents walking around looking for their children, people trapped inside their homes with dead bodies, trapped in their homes of 5 days with no food or water, trapped on the roof of their homes with no food, water or a bathroom. And THIS IGNORANT IDIOT, want to compare Katrina to Sandy and claim that the Presidents response was worst to that of Bush? Are you F'ck kidding me?

Old 11-05-2012, 05:53 PM

37,800 posts, read 41,003,240 times
This is slightly off topic since it doesn't involve the President but since I started the thread...

Why aren't Manhattanites over on Staten Island in force helping out? It seems to me there should be thousands of them volunteering their time to help. Don't they just have to hop on a ferry? Why aren't boats leaving Manhattan for Staten Island with the things those people need as well as Manhattan volunteers? Is it because they think the government should do it? But these are their fellow NYC-ites.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:58 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
This is slightly off topic since it doesn't involve the President but since I started the thread...

Why aren't Manhattanites over on Staten Island in force helping out? It seems to me there should be thousands of them volunteering their time to help. Don't they just have to hop on a ferry? Why aren't boats leaving Manhattan for Staten Island with the things those people need as well as Manhattan volunteers? Is it because they think the government should do it? But these are their fellow NYC-ites.

WTF are you babbling about. Not only are those on Staten Island receiving support from all of NY, but folks are crossing over from Jersey, Connecticut and Boston. There was a planned Marathon over the weekend, that was cancelled and instead the runners helped out the Staten Island victims. But here's a question for you, instead of going by the limited information you are getting from the news, why don't you get off your duff and volunteer to help out those in Statent Island.

If any of you have been impacted by something of this magnatude, reaching out for Government help is the last thing on your mind.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:07 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I think he did what every President is expected to do. Make a "show up" visit to make the victims feel that they are being looked out for, get together with the local authorities (he did that with Christie) and get briefed on a full assessment of the local damage, and then provide authorization to FEMA to assist with the recovery efforts.

Pray tell, what did you THINK he should do that a President is supposed to do?
EXACTLY! There are people who are trained in and responsible for doing what the OP is asking for the President to do. A lot of the time it seems that people who are bitter towards the President don't take into consideration that the President isn't going to be doing what they would like to see him do.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:46 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,014,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post

Thats just TO FUNNY............did you see where goolini is??? Hes in FLORIDA. LOL.MY city my a**!
how would he know whats going on being in Florida........

Old 11-05-2012, 08:25 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Remind Me Again, What Did Pres Obama Do For Sandy Victims?

ObamaCare

Old 11-05-2012, 09:14 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times
Quote:
I remember the hugging and mugging for the camera but I'm drawing a blank on what President Obama did for the Sandy victims. Tell me.
Offered $200 million in housing assistance? That's a start. Didn't try to defund critical infrastructure (a la Bush by reducing Army Corps of Engineers levee budget in N.O.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies