Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 01:38 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
This is not to those black conservatives who chose not to vote for Obama in 2008. As you would have even more of a reason not to vote for him tomorrow.

This is for those who chose to vote for him solely because of his skin color,
Even those who who legitimately thought he had good ideas in 2008.
Hell it's for anyone who decides to read it.

Tomorrow is a big day!
This is your chance to add legitimacy to this demographic. This is your chance to vote on REAL VALUES.
Ask yourself, are you better off now then you were 4 years ago?
Do you consider 10-15% unemployment in the black community better? Do you really thing 7.9% national unemployment something to brag about?
Is it easier for you to get a job?

Do you consider your values being thrown out of the window, by groups who supposing are representing your best interest solely because of your presidents race a improvement?

To those who attend Black Churches (African American Churches), whose pastors who have suddenly thrown out their beliefs..is that an improvement?
Your son coming home one day proclaiming. "I have a boyfriend. I love him, I want to marry him"...is that a improvement? (same if you have a daughter)

The mountain of debt your child will be buried in due to Obama's policies...is that an improvement?

Do you think America looks better internationally?
Do you think a weaker military is actually a good idea?

Is seeing your children camping out (or "Occupying" ) on public grounds. With signs "Working is Slavery", "Evil Corporations", "Give me Free stuff," all while having orgies, doing drugs and making life hell for those who want to work...Is that an improvement?

Before you walk into that polling station, ask yourself is life better. What would 4 more years actually look like. Don't be a automatic vote.

If you are a democrat send them a message that they work for you, and they have been doing a ****ty job.

There is no way in hell Obama should 93% of the black vote this time around.

Think before you vote.
You had me fooled there for a minute. I thought this thread was beginning to look bi-partisan, but after further reading, oh, well, it began seeming to be anti-black, you get it don't you? Um, which is it, a partisan hack thread or a anti-black thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 02:20 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Actually, your experience at your previous employer is similar to my own with my current employer. I started off as a receptionist making $12 an hour. The difference is, I knew the VP of the company via a friend of my husband's. I asked her to give me the opportunity to prove myself to her if she would hire me in the company and assured her I was a fast learner and would do whatever necessary to make us a great company here. And I have. I have been promoted 4 times in the past 2 years and am now head of our major money making department and make substantially more. I got more of a raise this past year than my husband has received (and he is a very hard worker) in his career at the same company for 10 years. So I agree it is great to be a hard worker. I did work hard at this company at at the bank where I previously worked. I learned via my good friend, the VP of the company, who was homeless at one point and ended up rising through the ranks here, that to get by in our business you need people skills and a "can do" attitude, which is what I have and she has. You need basic intelligence, know how to get along with everyone in the business, be able to speak in front of others as we do a lot of presentations. I had additional skills that she was in need of - customer service, via the banking industry where I also rose in rank as I started off as a teller there - and good writing skills, my boss needed someone to do technical, manual, and proposal writing and they didn't have a lot of money at the time to hire someone as a writer, which would have cost more than what I came on as, but now I make substantially more than a proposal writer.

Facts are facts though, if you know people, you will move up faster. I highly doubt I would even have been given the opportunity to get this job if I hadn't known someone who knew my boss. And through her, she is someone I greatly admire, I have learned a lot about the corporate world and know that networking is key to advancement.

I also am very much above average and I will admit I am rather vain in regards to my intelligence and in other areas, but especially my intelligence. I have always been above average. I think many people are (even though I think I'm smarter than most people lol, like I said, I'm rather vain) but I also think that many people may be sullen or not outgoing or just quiet and not noticeable and they may be hard workers. Someone else may be not as great as that person but will get noticed because they put themselves out there to make more than one good impression. I have never waited on others to notice my hard work, I fully make them aware of what I can do and how I will do and that impresses people more than sitting or standing and "working hard" and not doing anything else in the workplace.
You can know people - but I think it will only get you so far if the productivity is not there. If you are productive, you have a greater chance to advance whether you know people or not.

Even if you know someone - that person wants to look good in recommending you. They won't recommend anyone who is a slacker because then they will look bad.

Anyway - Thanks for sharing. Good productive discussion. And nothing wrong with being confident if you can back it up.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:39 AM

734 posts, read 932,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
Since taking over as President, blacks have been inordinately negatively impacted by the anti-business policies of Obama and the Dems. Article below describes how poorly the blacks have fared under Obama. Unemployment, pay and wealth have been exponentially worse for blacks the last 4 years. Women unemloy rate has gone up and men down during the last 4 years. Can Cali has their worst economy ever under Obama. So bascially everyone hurt the most by his policies is voting for him so there miserable lives will get even worse...smart.

WSJ: African-Americans Haven?t Fared Well Under Obama
I'm beginning to sound like a broken record. Neither political party has the country's best interest, because the politicians are nothing more than puppets for the banks and corporations.

Blacks, whites (and everything in between) who haven't fared well under a democrat, wouldn't do well under a republican either, because again, it's simply two sides of the same coin.

In my opinion, high rates of black unemployment are directly related to the relatively low numbers of black businesses in existence. When black entrepreneurship increases, the unemployment rate will decrease as well.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:08 AM

734 posts, read 932,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Obama has wasted such a huge opportunity to change the mindset of black people. To many, he is an inspiration because he is even president. But how much more could he have changed the outlook and outcome of our lives if had spent some time and effort going over what made him "successful". Going to inner city communities with a purpose of inspiring young black men to stay away from drugs, or crime, and advance yourself through hard work - and then back it up with some programs.

Two problems with the above scenario.
1- He does not seem to engage in hard work as a habit. In his world, you pay to play - or you advance with your connections. So if hard work, productivity, and advancing the regular way has not been his experience, he won't be able to sell that to others effectively.

2- His heart seems to be more towards the Muslims instead of blacks in America. NASA was directed to have outreach towards Muslims. His first phone call upon becoming president was to Muslims. His first foreign trip was to the Middle East. So black people are not his priority.
Your statements are hilarious. Apparently, you have no idea of how things really work. What connection does Obama (or any ex President for that matter) have to those residing in inner city communities? Newsflash, men (and/or women) who represent banks and corporations do not care about improving overall outcomes of the poor. Don't let his brown skin fool ya, he runs w/ the same crowd as [insert the various Western/European Union leaders names].

But since we are having this discussion, why didn't Romney visit Appalachia to encourage poor children? One would assume he could reach out to this group and inspire the young men in the community to "...stay away from drugs, or crime, and advance [themselves] through hard work - and then back it up with some programs." My guess is, he has 0 interest in "investing" in the poor. In reality, Obama and Romney are two sides of the same coin.

Also, FYI Islam is a religion not a race. I'm sure you don't realize this, but the greatest proportion of Muslims (in terms of population) tend to reside in Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia and China). There's also a huge number of West African Muslims, and gasp, even European Muslims in the Balkans and Russia.

Pew Research Center
Quote:
According to the Pew Research Center in 2010 there were 49 Muslim-majority countries. Around 62% of the world's Muslims live in South and Southeast Asia, with over 1 billion adherents. The largest Muslim country is Indonesia home to 12.7% of the world's Muslims followed by Pakistan (11.0%), India (10.9%), and Bangladesh (9.2%). About 20% of Muslims live in Arab countries.

A study conducted by the Pew Research Center in 2010 and released January 2011 found that there are 1.62 billion Muslims around the world. The study found more Muslims in the United Kingdom than in Lebanon and more in China than in Syria.

Last edited by Lilly1224; 11-11-2012 at 05:18 AM..

Old 11-11-2012, 05:21 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
I'm beginning to sound like a broken record. Neither political party has the country's best interest, because the politicians are nothing more than puppets for the banks and corporations.

Blacks, whites (and everything in between) who haven't fared well under a democrat, wouldn't do well under a republican either, because again, it's simply two sides of the same coin.

In my opinion, high rates of black unemployment are directly related to the relatively low numbers of black businesses in existence. When black entrepreneurship increases, the unemployment rate will decrease as well.
I love how people think that these millionaire elitists have their best interest at heart. Romney, Bush, Obama, Clinton, you name it, they will all do what's best for their elitist millionaire banker and corporate friends every time. Sure, they have to throw the people a bone every now and then to prevent rebellion, but just like an unmotivated worker, they do just enough not to get fired Marie Anttoinette style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies