Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is more racist
Republicans 39 38.61%
Democrats 48 47.52%
Both equally 14 13.86%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 09:50 AM

990 posts, read 939,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
so you are saying, only independents can be open minded? And I say you are living in a shell or have your head in the sand. Now, to answer your question: in all honesty, probably when it comes to black/white issues Republicans might appear to be less tolerant, but Democrats use the race card more often and are more bigotted against more types..All you have to do is look at the responses so far: have any Republicans stooped to name calling, like a 5th grader: Repigs for example. I think, you might want to give us examples of Republicans that have openly showed their prejudice, recently against blacks, Jews or Hispanics. I doubt you can produce much. I also would guess, regardless of your claiming to be an independent, you are a liberal from the word go or you wouldn't be responding to your own silly question the way you are.
As for you choosing based on common sense, that is your common sense, but I think,from your comments most would think you really are not using common sense, as others might see it. You are basing your views on things like rallies you see on TV...
Yeah, no Republican has ever stooped to name calling. They don't call Obama "Nobama"...
They don't call Liberals "*******s"
They don't call Democrats "Democraps"

Come on. That's pathetic.

Here's a website devoted to Racism within the Republican party.

That being said, many Libertarians are very racist, as are many Democrats. But the party of the traditional racist is OBVIOUSLY the GOP and anyone who says otherwise is obviously a white person...

Old 11-06-2012, 09:50 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I would say that republicans have that perception of being more racist.

Like the OP though, I am an independent, a center left independent mind you. I also am black and have never voted for a GOP presidential candidate, even though I have voted for GOP senate and gubernatorial candidates in Ohio where I am from.

I think this perception of racism from the GOP has more to do with the things that lay members and party leaders say about minorities. Since I am black, I will admit that I don't like that many GOP members, including many posters on this site will think that I get "stuff" because I'm black. To me that is laughable and ignorant and stereotypical. They also will tell me that I do certain things because I am black or that I think a certain way because I am black. They have a poor perception of black people in general, thinking that we all live in hell holes, are uneducated, that us black women are welfare queens and live on foodstamps, that our black men are all criminals and "scary" looking and they think our "leaders" are Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson. Many in the GOP say really ignorant things and makes me, a black woman, not want to be a part of their political agenda. FWIW, I used to like John McCain, in 2000 I voted for him in the primary and I think he would have been a much better president than Bush. I like moderate candidates and McCain was moderate back then. I considered voting for him in 2008 until he picked Palin as his VP candidate and then I thought his advanced age was getting the best of him and he may not be in the best mindset to run the country if he thought her as a VP pick was a good idea. That is what made me vote for Obama. I liked Hillary Clinton more than Obama and voted for her in the Dem primary in 2008.

On the flip side, I do think many democrats have a stereotypical view of black people as well. They seem to always want to "save" us and act like we cannot do anything unless we have some sort of assistance, which I think is some bull. I also do feel that most mainstream media has a liberal bias and that many shows such as 60 minutes, Dateline and others like them - "news magazines" make black people look bad on TV, which in turns feeds both the liberal and conservative views of black people in this country. For instance, I remember a 60 Minutes program where they highlighted a woman who started a choir in NYC for black kids as a way to do something positive. The program mentioned, very quickly, that most of the kids came from 2 parent families and lived regular American lives (like most black people period) but then focused the rest of the 30 minutes of that segment on 2 young black girls who had bad home lives and so they further perpetuated the myth that all black kids live in poverty in broken homes.

But you rarely hear liberals denigrade black people as "welfare recipients" or that we don't work or don't care about education or are more criminally prone than anyone else on earth. I think liberals in general and due to this, most Democrats, are more open to other people's individual experiences, but they like everyone else in this country, fall for the media perception about black people. Fortunately, they usually don't start to hate or resent black people for this, instead they seem to see us as a mission and luckily when I come across these sorts of liberals and they talk their "help" talk and I tell them I really don't need them to do anything for me and how they need to leave their false perceptions at the door, they usually will do so. Rarely would you even get a conservative GOP member to come to my neighborhood in particular, unless they are devout evangelicals and then they want to try to "save" you just like the liberals but they don't want to and won't listen to what we really need, as they think they know better than what we know.

All of this are generalizations as well BTW based on my own personal experiences and FWIW, the conservatives I personally know, are no more racist or stereotypical than the liberals I know. But in regards to their general perceptions, I have stated those above.
Go back to the 2008 campaign, and remember all the racists and sexist comments that were tossed around. we had black journalists calling Obama the "magic negro" and claiming Obama "was not black enough", even Biden's condescending comment that Obama was the first clean, articulate black candidate, and Bill Clinton blasting Obama for pulling the race card on him.

There was not even one vaguely racist comment from McCain or from other republicans. the parade of racist, bigoted and misogynistic crap was flowing from democrats in 2008.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:51 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times
so all these racist threads towards blacks and browns are a-okay, hownky dory, right?

get out of here and wash ya face!!

Old 11-06-2012, 10:00 AM

502 posts, read 717,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
well thats wat i said pretty much
Just an interesting FYI: 30-40% of hispanics vote republican and approximately 50% of east asian-americans vote republican. Case in point: my girlfriend is Chinese-Vietnamese and her whole family hates Obama and still reminises about Reagan.

Also, did you know that 22% of blacks in california voted republican in the '10 elections?

Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
When you use Stereotypes and make broad assumptions and call a group of people Racist Red Necks, or automatically assume an entire group of people are welfare recipients you are equally ignorant. The vast majority of White people are not Racist Rednecks and the vast majority of Black people work and are not on Welfare.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:05 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,172,933 times
Democrats are more racist...

Lyndon Johnson (D) KNEW what he was doing during his term...he even said that if he enacted all of his social welfare policies that "the n*ggers would vote democratic for the next 200 years." LBJ knew it and todays democrats know it as well. They claim altruism yet enact policies that disproportionally damn minorities to the margins of poverty under the guise of "helping" them. Democrats treat minorities and the working poor like small dependent kittens...they give them just enough food and resources to entice them into never leaving or achieving yet no where near enough to actually make a difference. All the while they spend their time blaming those who advocate policies of growth and escaping the culture of poverty while doing nothing but perpetuate the poverty itself by breeding dependence. They then point at ineffectual numbers like income inequality as a blind indicator of the effectiveness of their policies yet they are too mathematically illiterate to know that the very nature of their program is as such that it artificially skews these numbers all the while doing nothing to help those that it is intended to help. Democrats knowingly spend tons of money on buying votes with NO intention of those people escaping poverty because if those people DID escape poverty they stand a chance of losing their vote...which simply isn't a smart investment for the Left. Democrats have essentially enslaved generations all the while tricking the masses into believing they give a sh*t about the poor or minorities......they don't...they never have and they never will. The GOP and the Democratic Party are nothing more than businesses. The Democrats make their investments and the GOP makes their investments with the intent of staying in power. The Left has hedged their bets on the poor staying poor and continuing to vote for the Left out of sheer and utter FEAR that they will lose their food stamps.

That is the platform of the modern Democratic Party....Fear that the Right will take away their resources and Fear that they may be forced to fend for themselves. It's pathetic...but what is more pathetic is that the left wing do-gooders preach this bullsh*t, pseudo altruistic, high-mindedness all the while devestating the minorities and damning them to more and more generations of poverty, failure, and low expectations.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:07 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchoolFool View Post
lol palin shooting moose and u wonder why da hell michael vick in jail for (per chris rock)
Palin shooting a moose for food is not the same as Vick killing dogs for sport, pleasure and profit.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:10 AM

2,664 posts, read 5,635,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
Democrats are more racist...

Lyndon Johnson (D) KNEW what he was doing during his term...he even said that if he enacted all of his social welfare policies that "the n*ggers would vote democratic for the next 200 years." LBJ knew it and todays democrats know it as well. They claim altruism yet enact policies that disproportionally damn minorities to the margins of poverty under the guise of "helping" them. Democrats treat minorities and the working poor like small dependent kittens...they give them just enough food and resources to entice them into never leaving or achieving yet no where near enough to actually make a difference. All the while they spend their time blaming those who advocate policies of growth and escaping the culture of poverty while doing nothing but perpetuate the poverty itself by breeding dependence. They then point at ineffectual numbers like income inequality as a blind indicator of the effectiveness of their policies yet they are too mathematically illiterate to know that the very nature of their program is as such that it artificially skews these numbers all the while doing nothing to help those that it is intended to help. Democrats knowingly spend tons of money on buying votes with NO intention of those people escaping poverty because if those people DID escape poverty they stand a chance of losing their vote...which simply isn't a smart investment for the Left. Democrats have essentially enslaved generations all the while tricking the masses into believing they give a sh*t about the poor or minorities......they don't...they never have and they never will. The GOP and the Democratic Party are nothing more than businesses. The Democrats make their investments and the GOP makes their investments with the intent of staying in power. The Left has hedged their bets on the poor staying poor and continuing to vote for the Left out of sheer and utter FEAR that they will lose their food stamps.

That is the platform of the modern Democratic Party....Fear that the Right will take away their resources and Fear that they may be forced to fend for themselves. It's pathetic...but what is more pathetic is that the left wing do-gooders preach this bullsh*t, pseudo altruistic, high-mindedness all the while devestating the minorities and damning them to more and more generations of poverty, failure, and low expectations.
politics is dirty in general, but we talkin bout ideologies and voters, not just politicians

Old 11-06-2012, 10:11 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times
hunting is ok, but dogfighting? come on, man.
no comparison whatsoever. who eats dogs?

vick just got lucky he got caught early and
stopped before it got too late.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:12 AM

2,664 posts, read 5,635,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Palin shooting a moose for food is not the same as Vick killing dogs for sport, pleasure and profit.
well, this was a joke, but since u wan talk bout it, we can talk bout it
its not like she would go hungry if she didnt shoot the moose, shes not an eskimo stuck in alaskan wilderness, her mind is tho
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies