Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 10:18 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
No, I've proven that I go by facts. I did not lie - I linked you the exact text of the law.
Then you claimed that a "lawful assistant" is anyone who's loitering around the entrance to a poling place when EVERYONE on earth knows that means a person who's job it is to help a single handicapped person.

Quote:
Are you disputing the validity of the Snopes link as well as the link from the FL Utilities Facebook Page?
Yes, I am.

SNOPES is known to be biased......

Compare their analysis of the Obama/Ayers connection with truthorfiction.com's analysis of the same subject. Snopes minimizes the connection, categorizing the rumor as a "Partial Truth," while truthorfiction calls it a "Truth" and, in fact, references a CNN expose of the two, as well as a Wall Street Journal article about their connection. Snopes not only does not reference either source cited above, but instead, lists a quote from an Obama spokesman as its main source.

snopes.com: Barack Obama and Bill Ayers

Barack Obama and William Ayers-Truth!

Another comparison of Snopes vs. Truthorfiction is their treatment of the email regarding "Obama's 50 lies." Snopes adds editorial comments favoring Obama on unproven statements or even on proven ones where the comments are that he is "taken out of context."

snopes.com: Obama's 50 Lies / Obama Not Exactly

Obama Lies?-Truth!, Fiction!, and Unproven!

There are other things that they list as false, even though Youtube has videos of Obama or others actually making the statements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 10:21 AM

Aren't you two going to argue that this report is also a lie?

I mean....that's all I do is lie right?????

GOP inspectors reportedly kicked out of multiple Philadelphia polling places; Update: Court reinstates inspectors

Old 11-06-2012, 10:22 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Then you claimed that a "lawful assistant" is anyone who's loitering around the entrance to a poling place when EVERYONE on earth knows that means a person who's job it is to help a single handicapped person.

Yes, I am.

SNOPES is known to be biased......

Compare their analysis of the Obama/Ayers connection with truthorfiction.com's analysis of the same subject. Snopes minimizes the connection, categorizing the rumor as a "Partial Truth," while truthorfiction calls it a "Truth" and, in fact, references a CNN expose of the two, as well as a Wall Street Journal article about their connection. Snopes not only does not reference either source cited above, but instead, lists a quote from an Obama spokesman as its main source.

snopes.com: Barack Obama and Bill Ayers

Barack Obama and William Ayers-Truth!

Another comparison of Snopes vs. Truthorfiction is their treatment of the email regarding "Obama's 50 lies." Snopes adds editorial comments favoring Obama on unproven statements or even on proven ones where the comments are that he is "taken out of context."

snopes.com: Obama's 50 Lies / Obama Not Exactly

Obama Lies?-Truth!, Fiction!, and Unproven!

There are other things that they list as false, even though Youtube has videos of Obama or others actually making the statements.
I ask again.

Are the cited sources used in the Snopes article false?

What about the facebook page?

Old 11-06-2012, 10:37 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Not that researching will help you to shake the ignorant, partisan lying drivel that you typically post. But Both Union as well as Non-Union workers from all over the country are here in NY and NJ helping to restore power. My area's power was restored by a Georgia Electrical company. Your focus to make everything political is no longer a head shaking thing, its pathetic.
hopefully we have to endure only a day or two more of this "partisan lying drivel" spamming the board. After the election is over, what on earth would motivate someone to average about 40 posts per day bashing Obama.....or what ($$$$) would motivate someone to make 79 posts in ONE DAY which included links and quotes negative of Obama? Gee, I'd need a research team in order to make 79 posts in one day with links, etc., included!!

Old 11-06-2012, 10:42 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Aren't you two going to argue that this report is also a lie?

GOP inspectors reportedly kicked out of multiple Philadelphia polling places; Update: Court reinstates inspectors

Deflecting in your own LYING thread....Priceless.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:27 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,680,348 times
Quote:
First honest thing the paid troll has said!

Old 11-06-2012, 03:41 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
hopefully we have to endure only a day or two more of this "partisan lying drivel" spamming the board. After the election is over, what on earth would motivate someone to average about 40 posts per day bashing Obama.....or what ($$$$) would motivate someone to make 79 posts in ONE DAY which included links and quotes negative of Obama? Gee, I'd need a research team in order to make 79 posts in one day with links, etc., included!!
Blame Obama. He provides the material.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:45 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
A Google search reveals that Snopes.com is owned by David and Barbara Mikkelson, who live in Southern California and are Obama supporters.

An interested reader (unknown to me) suspected that Snopes had a liberal bias after discovering several "half-truths" and distortions.
Interesting. I've noticed for a long time that they are left leaning on a lot of issues, especially when they attempt to defend a charge.

If they are Obama supporters that would explain it.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
My cousin is in a union in NYC and involved with the cleanup. Says he stands to make a boatload of money too.
Also says there's some funky stuff going on with working from out of state help.
He's no one of any importance and won't speak up because, well because you don't turn on the union or you'll never work another day in that city.

He says it's just not right what's going on up there. Helping to restore services to the people is NOT #1 priority with some.

Old 11-06-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Interesting. I've noticed for a long time that they are left leaning on a lot of issues, especially when they attempt to defend a charge.

If they are Obama supporters that would explain it.

truthorfiction.com is a much more reliable site for this type of thing and it doesn't "editorialize" in it's analysis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies