Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 12:34 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalSanctuaryMan View Post
Perhaps because 'progressives' only mimic whatever lines it takes to win? When all that inculcation received revolves around quasi-scientific studies, theoreticals and "how-it-should-be's", guilt, not reason is the only possible defense. Maybe it's all that MacBook-time video editing & photo-shopping that has led them to be unable to debate? It certainly is more convenient. 'Progressives' understand what social engineering is and that they must embrace it, but they don't comprehend exactly how it is controlled or by whom and for what purpose. They have a strange old-school religious faith in their beliefs, which humors me to no end...

So, 'progressives' only understand that they must win; there is no middle ground other than the rallying motto "It's all good!" Forget that they cannot collate what their desires mean beyond immediate social benefits & symbolic virtues. They are the type that will hate on tobacco but demand marijuana be de-criminalized purely as a recreational 'right'. They demand that everything deemed 'traditional' be torn down only to put up an edifice that will prove just as tyrannical in the long run & just as authoritative in the short end. They are extremely jealous of the power of the Federal Reserve & its burning hot printing presses. They cannot comprehend the concept of multiculturalism other than that there will be more 'ethnic' restaurants to visit & that they don't have to toil away at drudgery-work. Lastly, they believe the mis-truths & glamourized propaganda drilled into them by tenured political hacktivists/educators, who inform them that they are special so as to continue 'teaching' & garnering popularity. Love is big in "progressives'" hearts since it is blind, as it should be when one considers the source that needs so much attention & coddling. The young especially need that sort of TLC no matter what age they seek it.

To be fair, 'conservatives' can be a hypocritical, superstitious lot who seem unable to grasp how human history is fluid & tastes mutate as they should, as they must, depending on viability, interests & more. This is just an age & place where morality & ethics are in retro-phase as they are re-defined. A good number of "conservatives" certainly don't mind licking the feet of the corporatist's clean. Because god = money?

But, yeah. I am humored when listening in on or engaged with 'progressive' liberals attempting intelligent discourse lacking in dramatic media sophisms. It's as if they see the world thru Sally Struthers/Angelina Jolie sunglasses and the world MUST donate again & again while never questioning the wisdom of dedicated repetition & what fools always rush into hearts in hand. Maybe they've fantasized that that's how Oprah became a billionaire or what Jesus would do.
Well, this is quite the novel, but does it have a plot?

Old 11-08-2012, 10:32 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Yes, all liberals do that. It is page 4 in the liberal handbook.
I appreciate your candor.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalSanctuaryMan View Post
Perhaps because 'progressives' only mimic whatever lines it takes to win? When all that inculcation received revolves around quasi-scientific studies, theoreticals and "how-it-should-be's", guilt, not reason is the only possible defense. Maybe it's all that MacBook-time video editing & photo-shopping that has led them to be unable to debate? It certainly is more convenient. 'Progressives' understand what social engineering is and that they must embrace it, but they don't comprehend exactly how it is controlled or by whom and for what purpose. They have a strange old-school religious faith in their beliefs, which humors me to no end...

So, 'progressives' only understand that they must win; there is no middle ground other than the rallying motto "It's all good!" Forget that they cannot collate what their desires mean beyond immediate social benefits & symbolic virtues. They are the type that will hate on tobacco but demand marijuana be de-criminalized purely as a recreational 'right'. They demand that everything deemed 'traditional' be torn down only to put up an edifice that will prove just as tyrannical in the long run & just as authoritative in the short end. They are extremely jealous of the power of the Federal Reserve & its burning hot printing presses. They cannot comprehend the concept of multiculturalism other than that there will be more 'ethnic' restaurants to visit & that they don't have to toil away at drudgery-work. Lastly, they believe the mis-truths & glamourized propaganda drilled into them by tenured political hacktivists/educators, who inform them that they are special so as to continue 'teaching' & garnering popularity. Love is big in "progressives'" hearts since it is blind, as it should be when one considers the source that needs so much attention & coddling. The young especially need that sort of TLC no matter what age they seek it.

To be fair, 'conservatives' can be a hypocritical, superstitious lot who seem unable to grasp how human history is fluid & tastes mutate as they should, as they must, depending on viability, interests & more. This is just an age & place where morality & ethics are in retro-phase as they are re-defined. A good number of "conservatives" certainly don't mind licking the feet of the corporatist's clean. Because god = money?

But, yeah. I am humored when listening in on or engaged with 'progressive' liberals attempting intelligent discourse lacking in dramatic media sophisms. It's as if they see the world thru Sally Struthers/Angelina Jolie sunglasses and the world MUST donate again & again while never questioning the wisdom of dedicated repetition & what fools always rush into hearts in hand. Maybe they've fantasized that that's how Oprah became a billionaire or what Jesus would do.

This deserves nomination for post of the year!

Old 01-03-2013, 02:40 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
This is a common tactic - and a very dishonest one.

If someone expresses an opinion that a liberal disagrees with - they will invariably post something along the lines that the holder of that opinion "hates" something.

Since hatred is universally held as an ugly and negative emotion - the only motive for the use of this word could be to shut down deate - instead of arguing something based on its merits.

The tactic is dishonest, mean-spirited, patheitc, fallacial, and almost exclusively used by liberals.

Why do liberals seem so afraid to engage in a discussion and instead use hyperbole and mischaracterization to frame the argument?
Well, isn't it true that you have a very deep, heart felt hatred against homosexuals, who are not worthy of having the same rights as heterosexuals as in same sex marriage? So if the shoe fits, please wear it!

Old 01-03-2013, 02:41 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Quote:

If someone expresses an opinion that a liberal disagrees with - they will invariably post something along the lines that the holder of that opinion "hates" something.

Since hatred is universally held as an ugly and negative emotion - the only motive for the use of this word could be to shut down deate - instead of arguing something based on its merits.

The tactic is dishonest, mean-spirited, patheitc, fallacial, and almost exclusively used by liberals.

Why do liberals seem so afraid to engage in a discussion and instead use hyperbole and mischaracterization to frame the argument?
Explain your posts in these threads??

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...d-their-2.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-military.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...merica-16.html

Old 01-03-2013, 02:41 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
You must really hate that!

Old 01-03-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Well, isn't it true that you have a very deep, heart felt hatred against homosexuals...
No, it is not true at all.

Old 01-03-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Because they can't defend their ideology intellectually.
Ooopsie daisy, didn't you create this thread, which the OP contributed to

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...e-america.html

Old 01-03-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:

Does this mean you are a liberal?? Look what I found in this thread??

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...rich-rest.html

Gangs of New York - Knife Scene (Whoopsy Daisy / This is a Night for Americans!) - YouTube

Old 01-03-2013, 02:51 PM

Well - in the first one I am criticizing the liberal response to a innocent gesture of honor by a 10 yr old boys to his football hero.

In the second, the only post I could find by me by using the search tool, noted that liberals tend to use hasty generalizations.

For the third - i submit to you this quote:

Quote:
LOL! The "conservatives are all old white men" argument again. I am a conservative, happen to have white skin color, and be a male - but I am far from old and have been politically conservative for most of my voting career(though with a distinct libertarian streak).

This old, white, men argument is just dumb. It fails because I seriously doubt that you would be complaining about a liberal party that is controlled by old, white, men. WAIT - one exists! It is called the Democratic Party! Why don't you start trashing them? After all - they are controlled by old, white, men(with a token young, black, man as President - so the Democrats can claim they are aren't the old racists that they historically have been).

I will stick with the party whose old, white, men ended slavery and supported the Civil Rights Act in greater percentages then did their political opponents - the Republican Party.
In neither thread did I say that liberals hated anyone, nor did I attempt to shut down debate.

What is your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies