Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Marijuana be Legalized?
Yes 119 86.23%
No 19 13.77%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 09:55 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
No....it should and will remain illegal in any amount here.

I've never tried it, and never will. People say you are not effected by it. I say bulls***! How come you cannot line up your time card straight after lunch and punch it in the box without punching it three or four times all blurred together? Why did you pull of the road and laugh as you s*** your pants?

Stoners!!..............
That's the thing though: why does whether you will try it or have tried it before matter? You say it as though your choice to not try it is the benchmark standard on whether other people should have the right to smoke or cultivate a natural plant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 09:55 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
Legalize , regulate

Old 11-06-2012, 09:57 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
Legalize , regulate
Regulation is often just as bad as criminalizing.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:16 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Regulation is often just as bad as criminalizing.
well i don't know then

Old 11-06-2012, 10:54 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,146,501 times
Quote:

I've never tried it, and never will. People say you are not effected by it. I say bulls***! How come you cannot line up your time card straight after lunch and punch it in the box without punching it three or four times all blurred together? Why did you pull of the road and laugh as you s*** your pants?

Stoners!!..............
Reading this leads me to believe you've never really been around many stoners before. I have, and this kind of behavior is incredibly rare.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:55 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:

Stoners!!..............
What kind of weirdos are you hanging out with, dude? Seriously!! I've probably smoked more weed than Bob Marley at this point, and haven't crapped my pants since I was a baby... you sure these people weren't lacing that weed with GHB?

As for the punchcard thing, I have no idea about that - seeing as I NEVER smoke before work, and haven't had a job with punchcards for many years. But again, that sounds like they were doing more than pot. I just smoked a (half) joint about 5 minutes ago, and still managed to type this on my iPhone without even making a spelling error. LMAO

P.S. The joint I just smoked was a gift from my favorite dispensary, given to everyone who was wearing an "I Voted" sticker... gotta love California!

Old 11-07-2012, 12:20 AM

502 posts, read 717,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Why do you oppose it for medical reasons?
There are plenty of other, healthier, legal pain-killer options. You don't need to be a hispter douche and insist on weed.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:23 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
There are plenty of other, healthier, legal pain-killer options. You don't need to be a hispter douche and insist on weed.
You have a problem with hipsters dontcha? Well pot has been popular longer than hipsters have. You sound so so young.

There are not healthier options, just legal-er ones. And that just changed (see Colorado/Washington) and will continue to change. When it's no longer illegal your whole case crumbles since you have nothing to start with. There is no reason for it to be illegal, no matter how many hipsters picked on you in school or whatever.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
Really? Please name a few... actually, I'll let you tell me which of these are "healthier" (and have caused fewer deaths) than marijuana:

Oxycontin
Morphine
Valium
Fentanyl
Cortisone
Xanex
Vioxx (that one almost killed me!)
Aspirin
Ibuprofen

Old 11-07-2012, 05:20 AM

Oh, and marijuana isn't only used for pain relief - it's also used to relieve nausea, wasting, PTSD/anxiety, glaucoma, etc. Are you really going to tell my friend with stage 4 ovarian cancer, who (legally) uses marijuana during chemo, that she should find something else? And do you know of any pharmaceutical that is equally effective in letting her eat without vomiting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies