Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 11:17 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times

Advertisements

Unemployment 15-20% Debt 30 trilliion, B- credit rating.

Gays will be able to get married though so these young idiot brats will vote for Biden in 2016 and he will win 400 electoral votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 11:20 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Are these numbers pulled out of your guys' rear ends? Because you know unemployment has been trending downward since 2009 (where it started after a skyrocket at the end of the Bush admin).... a simple google search would provide this information for you.
Employment of Americans has not gone up, fewer people are working full time. Yes it's good that unemployment figures are dropping because that just means more people are kicked off unemployment handouts -- many after 2 years of not working.

Chances are that Obama will just add to and extend unemployment handouts indefinitely which will get more people counted as unemployed.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:16 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
When interest rates rise, the debt will become unmanageable.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:20 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
It will be interesting to see if Obama has learned anything in the last four years? Or will he keep on telling his followers they should get revenge? I am still trying to figure out what those of us that are living decent lives have ever done to deserve all this misguided anger.

I going to protect myself and my family the best I can and get ready to watch the bread lines. We are filling up a grocery bag for the hungry during the next few days. I feel at peace with myself that I have done my duty and voted. The results of the election and what will follow is in God's hands. The peace I have may come from the fact that what happens in the future is not my fault because I did not vote for him. He has been given a second chance to change his ways. I hope that happens.

good post!!

Old 11-07-2012, 02:07 AM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Are these numbers pulled out of your guys' rear ends? Because you know unemployment has been trending downward since 2009 (where it started after a skyrocket at the end of the Bush admin).... a simple google search would provide this information for you.

Well where did Obama get his 5.4% UE prediction a few years back?
His butt?

Sure didn't come close to happening.
He was way off and apparently he's trusted to be able to deal with it on a naition wide level.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:13 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
The bigger question is what will the participation rate of able bodied adults in the workforce be, along with the number of people receiving entitlements including food stamps.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:37 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The bigger question is what will the participation rate of able bodied adults in the workforce be, along with the number of people receiving entitlements including food stamps.

The workforce participation rate will be much higher in Belmont than in Fishtown. Obamacare will have something to do with low-wage employment shifting from full-time to part-time.

These Two Neighborhoods Exemplify The Growing Divide In White America - Business Insider
Attached Thumbnails
Let's play a game:   Predict the debt and unemployment in 2015-murray01.jpg  

Old 11-07-2012, 03:40 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
And will it still be Bush's fault?

I predict $23 T, 6.7% and yes---it will be W's fault.
Will the Republican controlled House continue to block all attempts to fix the economy, and refuse to work with Obama, just like they did during the past two years?

If so ... you may get your wish!

Old 11-07-2012, 03:50 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Will the Republican controlled House continue to block all attempts to fix the economy, and refuse to work with Obama, just like they did during the past two years?

If so ... you may get your wish!
Do you not find it ironic that things started to improve in the economy, slow as it may be, once the Republicans started blocking Obama and the Democrats? Just saying.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:52 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
It will be interesting to see if Obama has learned anything in the last four years? Or will he keep on telling his followers they should get revenge? I am still trying to figure out what those of us that are living decent lives have ever done to deserve all this misguided anger.

I going to protect myself and my family the best I can and get ready to watch the bread lines. We are filling up a grocery bag for the hungry during the next few days. I feel at peace with myself that I have done my duty and voted. The results of the election and what will follow is in God's hands. The peace I have may come from the fact that what happens in the future is not my fault because I did not vote for him. He has been given a second chance to change his ways. I hope that happens.
Narcissists do not learn from mistakes because they never make them.

No, he will not change his method of governing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies