Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 01:08 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
I'm white. Age 25. Live in Hollywood. Identify as Centrist (Moderate/Independent). Agnostic. Veteran of the United States Navy after 4 years of faithful service to my country.

With that being said, I give you my signature statement:

I don't get it.
No harm no foul.

Many people won't get it, that's the beauty of diversity of opinion. I am also a veteran of the USN and as a fellow veteran, I wish you well.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:18 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,974,594 times
I prefer this message to white America:

Chris Rock - Message for White Voters - YouTube

Old 11-07-2012, 02:07 AM

589 posts, read 1,220,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
I respect your outlook and I respect the fact that you chose to address my post in an intelligent manner.

We simply have a difference of opinion and perception of our genetic roots. No harm no foul. I respect your right to hold those beliefs, and I would expect that you would respect mine.

I'm not sure of you have children or not, but maybe when you have a child and he is fighting for a piece of a pie that gets smaller and smaller every day to due globalization, maybe then you will understand where I am coming from when I speak about race-based affirmative action that affects millions of lower and middle class white people.

If not, I agree to disagree. Again, thanks for a reasonable discussion. They are rare to find these days. I definitely misjudged you, so again, I apologize.
Teach your child he or she is not entitled to anything. Problem solved.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:51 AM

29,210 posts, read 22,341,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
That's a nice example of hyperbole and the logical fallacy "poisoning the well" for those who interested in learning about liberal propaganda rhetoric.

There was no mention of kicking out non-whites, concentration camps, apartheid, Aryan nation. That is projection on your part. That is lazy logic, but then again, our government schools are notorious for producing drones who utilize this logic.

My post was about rights to be free from state sponsored racism, freedom of association, freedom of speech, and the fight to preserve the liberties our ancestors bestowed upon us. I understand you want me to "live peacefully" and shut up, but I believe in diversity of opinions and freedom of speech. Don't you value diversity, comrade?
Does that include our black, native American, Asian and Mexican ancestors as well, Tim? Or is the color of our skin the only thing that counts among us?

I value diversity. I have a lot of it running in my family tree.
The fact that my lineage was 90% white Scots-English didn't count for much once my grand-pappies touched down on these shores. It didn't take their descendants very long to marry into other racial strains, and we did expand our gene pool quite nicely.

How about you, comrade? Are we shoulder to shoulder as proud Americans, you and me?

Old 11-07-2012, 03:35 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,903,542 times
Lots of crying, butt hurt, and race baiting so it must be business as usual for the wing nuts.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:59 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,694,119 times
I think the problem is that a lot of whites feel marginalised by current societal trends. I am a liberal, but with parents of a conservative background who have seen considerable social changes (and opportunities worsen for their offspring) I do understand their concerns and am not so arrogant to cast them aside as white supremacists.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:54 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,830,041 times
Why and how are things worse for white people?
Is it because now,everyone else has a chance to become successful?
Why do some whites consider 50 years ago good,when the goverment had a racist policy in place that kept other's down?

is I don't think AA is giving anyone else special advantages. Its just leveling the playing field.
Why wasn't anyone complaining when the Usa goverment had sanctioned racism 50 years ago? (Separate but Equal)

Maybe you should have said white males are at a disadvantage.
Last I read,white females benefit more from AA than anyone else....

Old 11-07-2012, 05:33 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
It's time to forcefully (yet peacefully!) embrace "true" American ideals such as "Equality for all whites," "Christianity for All, no matter what" etc.

Perhaps you should spend a little more time becoming familiar with the Constitution and a little less feigning outrage.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:37 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,734,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
In a nutshell...America is not comprised solely of landowning White men. The Republican party needs to step out of the Southern plantation owner mentality. The RNC was a sea of wealthy White people and that was not a true reflection of most Americans.

Wake up GOP....wake up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
White Christians in the US are being disenfranchised by hypocritical liberal academics and bureaucrats and the multicultural and welfare policies they pursue.

It's time to forcefully (yet peacefully!) embrace "true" American ideals such as "Equality for all whites," "Christianity for All, no matter what" etc.
Exactly! - Thank you!
Time for the GOP to wake the F up and get out of their caves.

Signed-
A Registered Die Hard Libertarian

Old 11-07-2012, 06:30 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,159 times
Where is the diversity of opinions on the Left/Democrats? I don't see it and it will never happen. You are either pro illegal/open borders, high taxes, pro gay, anti-rich, anti-capitalism, anti-business, pro welfare or you are out of the Left/Democratic party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.