Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 12:02 PM

24,623 posts, read 19,108,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Welcome to the new norm, don't wory about returning to the "good times" that are just memory now, they are forever gone.

Welcome to Fundamental Change.
I already said that back in 2007.

Reminding...

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
On a serious note, watching the analysis tonight they mentioned that 65% of Americans felt Romney was better suited to handle the economy. And they still elected Obama.

What's more important than the economy? The rest is chaffe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The state of the economy is their concern and they voted in the left who will fix it for them. People don't want to fix it themselves; they want someone else to fix it for them, open doors, pay them more, pave the way to Utopia.
I wouldn't read too much into it.

While people believed Romney could deal with the economy better, he failed to provide anything substantive, and what little he put out he failed to explain.

If you notice, the Democrats took a beating in the House. The Republicans picked up lots of seats from Democrats and now hold 232 House seats (plus the Blue Dog Democrats).

That's very reminiscent of the Clinton-era: We'll allow a Democrat to sit as President, but we want a Republican Congress to check the power of the President.

For Obama and the Democrats, it was Pyrrhic Victory.

Analyzing...

Mircea

Old 11-07-2012, 12:13 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,657,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
It's funny how negative some people are about unemployment in the United States, yet the WORLD is coming together and globalization has never been seen in a more optimistic view. We live in a GLOBAL community now, some people need to readjust their stagnant beliefs and outdated philosophies and transition into what the world has become and what the United States role is in that global community.

I believe this country will be just fine, in fact I think we are heading to a thriving and uplifting period of time, and not just for the rich and privileged, but for everyone.

*How do I know this, why do I say this you ask? Because I know there are a few industries that we never would have imagined would become multi-billion dollar players in our economy. New products, new medical processes, etc...some companies will fail, but there are certainly opportunities for new ones. And not just big business, for entrepreneurs and small businesses as well. We are going to see many changes in the next several years in business, engineering, entertainment, etc etc.
I agree and I share your optimism.

We need to be open to change, not scared by it. Yes there will be growing pains, but, there have always been whenever new paradigms are introduced. The shift from the horse to motorized buggies was momentous and no less fraught with fear. People see progress and while it may be slow, it is progress.
Score one for those who see the glass half-full.