Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 08:09 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,661,050 times

Advertisements

Of course it bothers me. Especially since I feel like we are no longer a Republic and the majority is going to rule my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 08:09 AM

3,763 posts, read 8,724,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
...75% of people who vote have the mentality of a child anyways.
anyways??!

Old 11-07-2012, 08:18 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,656,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Where are you getting your 180 million from ?

The census bureau reports 229 million eligible voters as of 2010.
The greatest percentage that actually vote are 45-64 (80% registered and 70% voting).
The lower age groups show the greatest apathy with registration percentages in the teens.
More young people voted this election than even in 2008.

Youth Vote 2012 Turnout: Exit Polls Show Greater Share Of Electorate Than In 2008

The 180 million came from quickfacts or some other source. I already closed it.

The idea that 229m are ELIGIBLE when according to the 2011 numbers there are 311m people, and 23.7 of them are under 18, is bizarre to me. That means there are are 237m people of age. In the US there are 37m legal immigrants (over 12.1 million of which are non-naturalized adults), also in the ineligible column comes, felons, illegal immigrants, etc.

How all of those groups equal less than 8 million people is beyond me.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:29 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,419,533 times
Quote:
wow....who in the world thought this was such a good idea!? I mean my god...I understand when the system was made we didn't have 300 million people but jesus....did they not see the HUGE flaws in this...
No, quite the opposite.

According to our forefathers and their original Constitution, the system isn't flawed at all. When they founded the country, only about about 10-15% of the entire population could vote based on what they designed. Adult [white] male landowners alone had the right to vote. They decided everything for everyone else. Most of the FFs believed the landless majority should never be voting.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:31 AM

8,012 posts, read 11,362,378 times
you're lying because if the election
went your way, you wouldn't be
saying anything but hoorah.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:32 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,914,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
That we have 315 million citizens in this country and we have people elected with less than 50 million votes who think they can control the lives of EVERYONE,pass laws we are all supposed to live by and believe in? Does anyone not see the flaws in this "democracy"? Its not even mob rule anymore its literally being ruled by someone who got a very small minority of the vote...wow....this is just puzzling...oh and its not that I am made obama won...I hated willard just as much and would be saying the same thing...it just puzzles me WHY we the people allow someone who didn't even get 50 million votes to dictate to over 300 million people how they must do things....

Some people just want to be ruled and they are well on their way to getting what they desire.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
you're lying because if the election
went your way, you wouldn't be
saying anything but hoorah.

Hardly, Romney is a complete piece of crap. He is a liberal, always has been. It would have been a loss either way. Romney as a choice was less radical. It should be obvious due to the turn out of this election that conservatives were not happy with Romney as a choice. He was forced on us and so our choices were lose or be kicked in the teeth. Looks like many didn't see much difference. /shrug

Old 11-07-2012, 08:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,214,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Hardly, Romney is a complete piece of crap. He is a liberal, always has been. It would have been a loss either way. Romney as a choice was less radical. It should be obvious due to the turn out of this election that conservatives were not happy with Romney as a choice. He was forced on us and so our choices were lose or be kicked in the teeth. Looks like many didn't see much difference. /shrug
I agree. Coming from Mass. and putting Romneycare into effect (the basis for Obamacare) should have been obvious.

Romney being a true Republican is like saying Arnold Schwartenegger (sp?) is a true Republican.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Of course it bothers me. Especially since I feel like we are no longer a Republic and the majority is going to rule my life.
No offense to you, but you do realize it has been this way for nearly a 100 years? The majority has been ruling you all this time. Look at the many things that have been put into our system, the changes at local, state as well as federal. The majority has been pushing its way for a long time now because they have learned how to game the system. Nobody cares about liberty, they care about getting their way. Look on all sides of the fence. People infringe everywhere you go, be it "conservative" or "liberal". They used class, race and political affiliation to sell out liberty. It will get worse as time goes on. It won't change because even the people who claim they are conservative, claim they respect liberty and smaller government, could care less about liberty. Liberty was the core, the foundation to which all others were to be constrained to. Without liberty as the focus, none of the others matter as each attempts to build their "Utopia" to which they believe losses of liberty are acceptable.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:46 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,726,357 times
The Parliamenatry system with multiple parties is a bit chaotic.
Though I do nbelieve we need more/better representation.

Politicians now a days believe we work for them. When in reality we are their boss. We should use our authority more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies