Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 09:39 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times

Advertisements

I agree and it has little to do with politics. I am totally bipartisan on the subject.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:40 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG120 View Post
I would argue that they ALL are like that...we have no real journalism in this country anymore. Everything is slanted one way or the other. But, again, that is how american's want it. They don't want the truth, they want THEIR version of the truth.
I would agree that they seem to be headed in that direction with the "commentators". That is not journalism or reporting that is just people giving their opinion of the news...It is awful. Where Fox seperates itself from the rest is the sheer volume of misrepresentations, half truths, and out right lies. Although MSNBC seems to be in the tank for the left, at least they are honest about. Fox outright lies about it. I think news should be nonpartisan.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:42 AM

863 posts, read 795,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I think news should be nonpartisan.
As was intended..completely agree

Old 11-07-2012, 09:45 AM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG120 View Post
I would argue that they ALL are like that...we have no real journalism in this country anymore. Everything is slanted one way or the other. But, again, that is how american's want it. They don't want the truth, they want THEIR version of the truth.
Yeah, we do. PBS is the last bastion of serious journalism on TV.
Whether or not a person likes or agrees with the news and issues shows they present, all are done in great depth and detail that commercial television does not match.

NPR is the same in radio.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:45 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Yes Americans are shallow and last night's election proved it. Too many people only vote on single issues that only affect them and don't have any concern for the country as a whole. They also believe everything that is told to them by the media and hardlt anyone does their own fact checking. We have become a lazy obese nation who will not and can not execute personal responsibility. We have become a litigious nation where everything is someone else's fault. OP, if you want to talk about shallow, the main Obama base has an entry in Webster's for shallow. "Obama gave me a free phone!, Im a vote for him!" "I want my free $9/month BC pills!" "I want to collect welfare and not have to look for a job!" "I want my 99+ weeks of UE!" Talk about shallow.....

Old 11-07-2012, 09:47 AM

863 posts, read 795,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yes Americans are shallow and last night's election proved it. Too many people only vote on single issues that only affect them and don't have any concern for the country as a whole. They also believe everything that is told to them by the media and hardlt anyone does their own fact checking. We have become a lazy obese nation who will not and can not execute personal responsibility. We have become a litigious nation where everything is someone else's fault. OP, if you want to talk about shallow, the main Obama base has an entry in Webster's for shallow. "Obama gave me a free phone!, Im a vote for him!" "I want my free $9/month BC pills!" "I want to collect welfare and not have to look for a job!" "I want my 99+ weeks of UE!" Talk about shallow.....
And yet we expect more from our elected leaders

Old 11-07-2012, 09:48 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You need to get a new dictionary. I think yours was a misprint.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:48 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
fox noise was acting all giddy at first, then they just fellllll off lol...

Old 11-07-2012, 09:50 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I don't know why they are so angry. They make big money making up crap about the administration.
Their feigned anger is a big part of of the act that keeps those $$$ rolling in, accuracy and facts are not required and usually discouraged.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:00 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times
Shallow ? Have they ever watched their own pathetic "news" coverage. What passes for facts and news on Faux is pathetic.

How anyone with even only a few brain cells can tolerate their distorted version of Journalism is beyond me. Tabloid Journalism at its worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies