Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 12:47 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Oh, please. The only women I've heard of that believe that tripe are empty headed hollywood types. And a few nutcases here.

Real women with working brains know better.
You're wrong, as usual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 12:52 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
sighting think progress is akin to siting pravda in the 1970s...

yes.... im dyslexic. i dont know the difference between sighting and citing... or whatever.... thanks for pointing out that i cannot spell. like i didnt know that.

Last edited by Ferd; 11-07-2012 at 01:16 PM..

Old 11-07-2012, 01:05 PM

490 posts, read 650,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Amen to that. It is shocking that they want another four years of what we have just gone through. I am amazed. So much for change in this country.
Excellent point.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:10 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Dale Cooper,

You need to get over your delusion. I know at least 4 full grown Catholic women who never voted anything but Republican in their entire lives. This year the voted Democratic. There was 2 months of research and discussion involved before they made that choice. When the politicians involve themselves in the kind of birth control women can use, the women get a little testy. We heard more than just a few politicians who support life begins at conception say certain birth control should not be available.

If the Republican Party ever hopes to get elected again they need to return to running the car companies and banks correctly and get out of everybody's bedroom. They need to come to terms with the fact that we all have the same civil rights. Marriage is a church matter. Contracts between adults are none of the government's concern. The church can refuse to marry anyone they please. The tax code favors families. If you don't want those benefits to go to folks whose lifestyle offends , change the tax law.

And another thing. When Republican sugar daddies and businessmen employ illegals, do they expect those employees to be celibate and single. What did anybody think was going to happen to the kids brought or born here? It is past time to get real about immigration.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:13 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
It happens. I still remember being so absolutely certain that the American people could not possibly be stupid enough to reelect Clinton in 1996. I was so certain that I bet 10 pounds of fresh Alaskan halibut that Clinton would lose. Obviously, I was wrong.

I also thought Romney was going to win, easily, and that the GOP would take control of the Senate. After all, the American people cannot be THAT stupid that they would reelect Obama who has been far worse than Clinton ever was, can they?

After Clinton, Bush (43), and Obama, I am no longer an optimist when it comes to judging the intelligence of the American voter. Never again will I underestimate the stupidity of the American people.
Here! Here!

I live in California, so everything you said x10!

We just voted to eat GMOs and gave politicians three new tax hikes. How's that for intelligence lost?

Old 11-07-2012, 01:25 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,605 times
Wow ... Thank you so much for bringing this to both mine, and everyone elses attention .. Your stats are from 2002 to 2005, and if you wouldn't have posted that link, I never would have learned that today, in 2012, according to the OECD .. The United States of America now has the highest corporate tax rate in the world.

The Countdown is Over. We're #1 | Tax Foundation

PolitiFact Texas | Michael McCaul says U.S. corporate tax rate is world

heh ... Chase any jobs off to China lately?

Old 11-07-2012, 01:32 PM

344 posts, read 395,873 times
Well, this seems to be the current post election thread, so here it goes...

I am a woman in Arizona and I voted for Obama. Even though I am doing fine financially, my main concern is the economy. The problem with the economy is not just national, it is global. Whichever president won the election probably would be able to do little to improve the country's economy. As for bringing America back to the glories of decades ago, that probably will never happen. We are in a global economy and there is only so much money on the planet, be it in the form of Euros, dollars, or pesos. America had a glory period following WWII when most of the industrialized nations were in ruins and America's manufacturing abilities remained intact. It could be that America's future greatness comes in its devotion to human rights, and not monetary prosperity.

Anyway, my secondary focus went to civil rights for all Americans, and foreign policy. Here Obama wins. Aside from birth control issues, Obama spoke out in favor of gay marriage.

I believe that Obama has been a disappointing president. I was ready and even eager to vote for a Republican, but it wasn't going to be Romney. To be fair, it certainly wasn't going to be Gingrich, Perry or any of the other primary candidates either. It could be that what the Republican party really needed was to have Chris Christie step up, but he wasn't interested, at least not yet.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:33 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Wow ... Thank you so much for bringing this to both mine, and everyone elses attention .. Your stats are from 2002 to 2005, and if you wouldn't have posted that link, I never would have learned that today, in 2012, according to the OECD .. The United States of America now has the highest corporate tax rate in the world.

The Countdown is Over. We're #1 | Tax Foundation

PolitiFact Texas | Michael McCaul says U.S. corporate tax rate is world

heh ... Chase any jobs off to China lately?
The numbers are also from 2009, see the chart. There is simply a big difference between the theoretical tax rate and the effective one. That happens around the world, but in the US even more so.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieGal View Post
Well, this seems to be the current post election thread, so here it goes...

I am a woman in Arizona and I voted for Obama. Even though I am doing fine financially, my main concern is the economy. The problem with the economy is not just national, it is global. Whichever president won the election probably would be able to do little to improve the country's economy. As for bringing America back to the glories of decades ago, that probably will never happen. We are in a global economy and there is only so much money on the planet, be it in the form of Euros, dollars, or pesos. America had a glory period following WWII when most of the industrialized nations were in ruins and America's manufacturing abilities remained intact. It could be that America's future greatness comes in its devotion to human rights, and not monetary prosperity.

Anyway, my secondary focus went to civil rights for all Americans, and foreign policy. Here Obama wins. Aside from birth control issues, Obama spoke out in favor of gay marriage.

I believe that Obama has been a disappointing president. I was ready and even eager to vote for a Republican, but it wasn't going to be Romney. To be fair, it certainly wasn't going to be Gingrich, Perry or any of the other primary candidates either. It could be that what the Republican party really needed was to have Chris Christie step up, but he wasn't interested, at least not yet.
The trouble with this country is that it's usually the smartest, most intelligent people that decline running for the Presidency ... All we end up with these days, are the nimrods .. both in the White House and in the Congress ..

Old 11-07-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
The numbers are also from 2009, see the chart. There is simply a big difference between the theoretical tax rate and the effective one. That happens around the world, but in the US even more so.
Sure .. 2009 might have been a fun year, but I'll just run with the latest results. Being current on information of this type usually wins the day when people are wondering why all of our production facilities moved offshore.

If any of our wingnut politicians were serious about creating jobs, or bringing old jobs back, they would cut the rates ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies