Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 04:24 PM

679 posts, read 614,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You're the one posting on an internet message board demanding that we have to accept your line of thinking. You're such a bully.

We Christians are much more tolerant. We're willing to accept you disagreeing with us.
Vizio, you're arguing with a guy that just 2 days ago said

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
...I'm about as strong against same-sex "marriage" as anyone can get...
So unless he had a SERIOUS change in thought process in those 2 days, I'd say he's just messing with you

Old 11-07-2012, 04:26 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
Vizio, you're arguing with a guy that just 2 days ago said

So unless he had a SERIOUS change in thought process in those 2 days, I'd say he's just messing with you
I figured we'd do a good job of illustrating the nonsensical argument that the libs use.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:30 PM

679 posts, read 614,863 times
Quote:
I figured we'd do a good job of illustrating the nonsensical argument that the libs use.
hahaha, well yes, when you use crazy extremist arguments they are going to in fact be nonsensical. Which is why you can see none of the people that are actually for equality using them.

Because they're bad arguments.

That would be like me saying that every conservative says that God's going to strike down the country and destroy us if we allow gays to marry and we should kill all the homosexuals or ship them off to an island and then look back and say wow see how all those arguments are nonsensical, it sure does illustrate how crazy those conservatives are

Old 11-07-2012, 04:35 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,606,632 times
Quote:
Thanks for playing along.

I've heard all of those arguments in some form or another right here on C-D.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborg View Post
hahaha, well yes, when you use crazy extremist arguments they are going to in fact be nonsensical. Which is why you can see none of the people that are actually for equality using them.

Because they're bad arguments.
Name one argument that was "extremist" and tell me why you think so.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:42 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
You're the one posting on an internet message board demanding that we have to accept your line of thinking. You're such a bully.

We Christians are much more tolerant. We're willing to accept you disagreeing with us.
Says the guy who wants everyone to live how he wants them too. Hypocrite.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
We just need to make sure that these hateful bigots are not allowed to hurt other people with their disgusting bigotry.

They must not be allowed to discriminate under any circumstances. At least 5 percent of those employed by their businesses, organizations and churches should be gay, to reflect the general population. In the big cities, it should be 10 percent. Employers who don't meet this goal should be fined. Larger companies should provide mandatory LGBTQ sensitivity training, celebrate Gay Pride Week, etc.

Their private schools should not be allowed to teach homophobic bigotry to impressionable young children. Same goes for homeschoolers. Religious schools and homeschoolers should be required to adopt a pro-LGBTQ curriculum.

Also, they should not be allowed to disseminate their hate speech and literature.

Other than that, live and let live!
Admit it, folks.

None of the homosexualists or SSM advocates who post on C-D would complain very loudly if any of this came to pass - in whole or in part.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:32 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Admit it, folks.

None of the homosexualists or SSM advocates who post on C-D would complain very loudly if any of this came to pass - in whole or in part.
Why would I fight to protect the rights of people who would deny mine?

Oh. Maybe because I feel that if your rights are violated, then mine will be next.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Why would I fight to protect the rights of people who would deny mine?
Is it really your opinion that any of those policies would deny people their rights?

I didn't think so.

Old 11-07-2012, 06:16 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Is it really your opinion that any of those policies would deny people their rights?

I didn't think so.
Freedom of religion, and free speach aren't rights? Sorry, I thought they were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies