Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 10:12 PM

37,489 posts, read 21,733,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I see a great future for this country. I think the statistic is 27 straight months of private sector job growth. The economy is slowly improving and will continue to improve as long as our politicians don't try to rock the boat with extremist policies.

The rise of natural gas and hydralic fracutring is giving the USA a cheap and plentiful fuel source. I can see a day when the US becomes self sufficient in energy.

Because of all this cheap fuel, manufacturing is making a comeback as companies "onshore" to the US. I work in the electronics field and you will not believe how good the latest generation of robots have gotten. Manufacturers are building completely automated factories that will make the USA the most productive country in the world. And productivity = wealth.

Maybe it is because I am just naturally optimistic? Can someone explain to me why Republicans are so scared about the future?
Read up on the fiscal and regulatory cliff we are about to head off of on Jan 1st 2013, then ask yourself what kind of a deranged, and dysfunctional government would create so many ticking time bombs, that are all set to go off at once.

Do internet searchs for stuff like taxrmageddon, the fiscal or regulatory cliff, and search for EPA. affordable Care Act, and Dodd Frank regulations that were so damaging to our country's economy, that the dems decided to put them off until after the election.

I get so tired of the blissfully ignorant types, who know nothing at all about the politics and the economy over the past four years, and then wonder aloud about what all the fuss is over.

Maybe you are overly optimistic, but remember this, 0bama, the heads of his EPA, interior Department, and Energy Department, they all hate all fossil fuels, natural gas, oil, and coal.

Obama's Promise the Bankrupt the Coal Industry - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 10:29 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,606,521 times
Thing I wonder, why is the federal government even involved with things like gay marriage/abortion/whatever.

Its all something I feel should be done on more a of a state level, and not have much federal intervention, I'd rather have a smaller government and let like minded individuals that live in the same reason put what laws they want into effect.

Then beyond that, What percentage of the population is gay? like 2%, what percentage of the population gets abortions? Let us say 3% So people chose a president based on social issues that really only affect about 5% of the population.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:08 PM

24,323 posts, read 26,697,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about the left wanting to control our lives, take away our religious rights, control the private sector, make all our other choices for us besides abortion, take away our gun rights, tell us where to live, stifle our free speech, etc.
1) Religious Rights: What about other people's religious rights? Conservatives are the ones wanting to ban Mosques, not Liberals.

2) Private Sector: We own a small business and the government isn't taking that right from us.

3) All "Other" Choices: What choices are Liberals taking away? Abortion, Marriage, Marijuana, Stem Cell Research... oh wait Conservatives want to ban these things.

4) Gun Rights: I own guns - Ruger LCP, Ruger GP100, Ruger SR556, and Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22. Liberals haven't taken my guns away and I am a Liberal. They don't think people should own fully automatic AK-47s, is that what you mean?

5) Life: How do Liberals force you to stay in your city or state? I have moved to 8 different cities in the US and 1 city in Australia.

6) Free Speech: Once again, how have Liberals stopped your free speech. In fact, Liberals are bigger advocates of free speech in my opinion.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:55 AM

40,919 posts, read 48,828,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
2) Private Sector: We own a small business and the government isn't taking that right from us..
The Federal Govt is the worlds worst about interfering with Private Business. The Regulations, Taxes and Restrictions are putting whole industries out of business or causing them to relocate out of the country.

This is one area you are 100% wrong. You may or may not have the right to start a business but you have no ability in running it without severe Govt intrusion.

If you had any real world experience, you would understand.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:57 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,204,788 times
Quote:
I see a great future for this country. I think the statistic is 27 straight months of private sector job growth. The economy is slowly improving and will continue to improve as long as our politicians don't try to rock the boat with extremist policies.

The rise of natural gas and hydralic fracutring is giving the USA a cheap and plentiful fuel source. I can see a day when the US becomes self sufficient in energy.

Because of all this cheap fuel, manufacturing is making a comeback as companies "onshore" to the US. I work in the electronics field and you will not believe how good the latest generation of robots have gotten. Manufacturers are building completely automated factories that will make the USA the most productive country in the world. And productivity = wealth.

Maybe it is because I am just naturally optimistic? Can someone explain to me why Republicans are so scared about the future?
They're worried about having to pay more in taxes, they're the thurston howells of the USA.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:01 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,180,139 times
Quote:

Because we care about send
Ing our youth a 20 trillion dollar debt. Because we do not live in a fantasy world where sending a 20 trillion dollar debt to our kids is something to ignore

Old 11-08-2012, 06:13 AM

68,271 posts, read 53,994,055 times
Quote:
IMaybe it is because I am just naturally optimistic? Can someone explain to me why Republicans are so scared about the future?
The right has embraced a culture of fear-mongering paranoia since the McCarthyism of the '50s and there's apparently no end in sight.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:13 AM

11,409 posts, read 7,721,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Um, the future belongs to everyone.

Yes, that is a common misconception held by the blissful, the ignorant, and the blissfully ignorant.

Well, you thought wrong, probably because you were misled by propaganda artists here. Here is the reality for those who are blissful, ignorant, or blissfully ignorant.

CEU0500000001

Total Private Employment (in Thousands)

Feb 104981 48
Mar 105671 690
Apr 106721 1050
May 107434 713
Jun 108221 787
Jul 108297 76
Aug 108456 159
Sep 108090 (366) Job Losses
Oct 108512 422
Nov 108714 202
Dec 108578 (136) Job Losses

Jan 106199 (2379) Job Losses
Feb 106643 444
Mar 107466 823
Apr 108619 1153
May 109354 735
Jun 110231 877
Jul 110251 20
Aug 110386 135
Sep 110100 (286) Job Losses
Oct 110479 379
Nov 110692 213
Dec 110632 (60)

Jan 108439 (2193) Job Losses
Feb 108887 448
Mar 109676 789
Apr 110540 864
May 111369 829
Jun 112162 793
Jul 112193 31
Aug 112368 175
Sep 112038 (330) Job Losses
Oct 112399 361

You lost 330,000 jobs in September. How stupid is it for people to keep saying "33 consecutive months" (or 27 or whatever) when it is not true?

Your economy is not improving. Your GDP declined for two consecutive quarters, and lost quarter your payroll declined as well.

Because your economy is masked by the fact that your government is deficit spending $30 to get a $1 increase in GDP; because your Federal Reserve is now pumping $40 Billion per month into your economy in addition to what your government is spending; because you had to reduce the FICA payroll tax 2% --- which was incredibly stupid; because your OADI Trust Fund is going to fail and create a drag on the OASI Trust Fund; because the HI (Medicare) Trust Fund is going to fail in about 4 years from now; because you're going to have to abandon the FICA payroll tax cut, which will reduce household income; because you're going to have to raise FICA/SECA taxes to cover Social Security; because you're going to have to raise the HI (Medicare) tax to cover Medicare or cut Medicare spending 17%; because Obamacare will result in a redirection of household income away from the economy into the health care sector and because there are many other problems, including your National Debt and your personal income taxes.

We'll see how optimistic you are 2 years from now.

Foreboding...

Mircea
TRUTH. Painful, depressing and hard TRUTH. Wish those in government had the backbone to speak it. Things are going to get rough. Anyone who believes otherwise is kidding themselves.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:25 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,374,702 times
Because we think long-term and recognize the implications for future generations; many of the liberal types worry about today.

Now go smoke a joint and play a game on your x-station.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:26 AM

29,918 posts, read 18,480,271 times
Quote:

1. national debt of $24 trillion at the end of Obama's term. This is a level beyond which we can never return. What does it mean? At that point, 94% of the budget will be for social security, medicare, medicaid, welfare and servicing the debt. There will be little left for anything else. If we remain as a nation, we will have-

a. marked currency devaluation
b. soaring interest rates
c. dramatic increase in the prices for food and energy

2. Obamacare and higher taxes will cause the nation to have continued high unemployment. Due to increased cost to business and an incentive to keep workforces under 50 employees, we will see continued job erosion.

3. With higher unemployment rates and more illegals, there will be continued pressure on incomes. Already there has been an 8% decline in personal incomes under Obama. Look for incomes to fall.

4. Personal savings have been reduced 40%. With higher captial gains taxes, look for that number to continue to decline. Also, less investment will stifle business and further hiring.

5. Given #1, the states will not allow thier citizens to be thrown into "Mad Max" style anarchy and will seek relief from the crushing federal debt. $24 trillion is too big to "grow out of", therefore states will seek to break from the union and form smaller nations in the old US.

It is the end of the US as it once was, as we have entered a fiscal point of no return. Good job democrats. In the long run the smaller nations (at least those who work) will be better off.

Better have plenty of MREs, a secure home, water, weapons, fuel, and ammo. You will need it. One only has to witness Katrina and Sandy to see what happens to American society with a few weeks of catastrophe. Imagine what will happen with a few years of the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies