Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 02:24 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyForever View Post
Wrong. Whites represent less than 9% of the entire population of the world. We are outnumbered and we are having fewer and fewer children as it takes both parents to be able to make it. Course that doesn't hurt the non whites who can depend on welfare from the government and just pop out 10 kids from 4 different fathers...more kids=more welfare. There is a war going on and the end goal for them is genocide of my race.
News flash, yes on a percentage basis more non-White receive government assistance based on the size of their particular ethnic or racial group than White people. But the majority of people that receive public assistance in this country are White on both on a numerical and percentage basis.

Welfare issue makes political comeback

Quote:
•Though blacks are disproportionately represented among food stamp recipients, far more whites receive such assistance. When recipients identified themselves by race in 2010, 34 percent were white, 22 percent were black and 16 were percent Hispanic, the Agriculture Department said.

•Food-stamp spending has indeed increased under Obama, but its steady climb began under President George W. Bush.

•Blacks form a slight plurality in Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, or TANF, a system that offers cash assistance and is much smaller than the food stamp program. Of families receiving TANF help in 2009, 33 percent were African-American, 31 percent were white and 29 percent were Hispanic.

•Since passage of the 1996 Welfare Reform Act, those seeking cash assistance have faced strict work requirements and a five-year lifetime limit.

•In some welfare categories, rolls have dramatically declined. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, which runs the TANF cash assistance program, about 1.9 million families received TANF funds last year, down from a record 5 million families in 1994.

So why has welfare emerged as an issue this election year? Discussions about anti-poverty programs certainly have a place in national campaigns, particularly during tough economic times. But University of Chicago political scientist Michael Dawson says Gingrich was using welfare as a wedge issue.

"It was a blatant attempt to resort to a 40-year-old tactic to prop up one's campaign by evoking the black-person-on-welfare trope," said Dawson, the director of the university's Center for the Study of Race, Politics and Culture. "It's a tired tactic but one that's sometimes effective in mobilizing white racial resentment."
It patently ridiculous to hold the opinion that White Americans don't receive public assistance or don't have children out of wedlock. Watching one episode of "16 and Pregnant" quickly dispels that notion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 02:29 PM

52,200 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We have every right to round up illegals and deport them but I am for removing the incentives for them to remain here and continue to come here like the job and benefit magnets and birthright citizenship along with continued internal enforcement.

We don't need any more people in this country that don't practice birth control. Our population is nearly 320 million now. Sure nations change but no nation should change via illegal immigration. What part of that don't you get?

No cheap shot at all. Even you admit they don't use birth control due to their Catholicism. Mexicans and other Latinos are the largest baby producers in this country and the taxpayer is footing the bill for many of these births and the ensuing welfare they are entitled to even if the parents are here illegally. You find the truth offensive?
You can remove the parts about me not getting it. I get it... I live in Mexico 2.. aka Los Angeles area. This thread isn't about illegal immagration per se.

Like I posted ealier, the reasons why they are here is entirely another thread... subject has been covered extensively. The subject was merely white babies aren't the majority now.

I don't find the truth offensive, but like most people you shove in cheap shots under the guise of "truth telling".... old game really...

You can say the same message without the snarky tone behind it... I don't mean you per se, I just mean people in general.....

Old 11-09-2012, 02:30 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I have no problem with natural change but it isn't natural for our demographics to change due to illegal immigration and that is exactly what is happening. How shallow not to care about that as long as you have your hot smoking babymaking Latino women. What are white, black and Asian women? Ugly dogs?
You can b**ch about illegal immigrants all you want but they wouldn't be here if businesses, corporations, farmers and rich folks that want gardeners, nannies, and housekeepers on the cheap didn't hire them.

The reason there are illegal immigrants is that people have been undone by their own greed and desire for cheap labor.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:14 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
And most immigrants are non-white. So probably 20 years from now, most young people in the US will be non-white.
50 years from now, most voters will be non-white.

How will it affect elections in the future?
Unfortunately nothing will change. It's always about policy. It's how things are done not who does them. That's what matters in life.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:17 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Oh gee a white minority with special privileges? I won't live so long to see that....

Old 11-09-2012, 05:20 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
And most immigrants are non-white. So probably 20 years from now, most young people in the US will be non-white.
50 years from now, most voters will be non-white.
And the Republicans will still be a bunch of old white men.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Unfortunately nothing will change. It's always about policy. It's how things are done not who does them. That's what matters in life.
I think you are going to be incorrect this time.... I doubt the USA will exist as we know it in less than any 20 years. I am 60 and I expect to see this Nation fall in my time. I highly doubt I will see 80 years, and I pray for I won't.

My dad passed at age 72 in 1997 and it's just a good thing, since he was a WW-2 vet and a mild man. He would not like this nation as it is today. I am glad he doesn't have to see it.

Every sick perversion there is being made legal and the Rape of a nation, which WAS the Land of the Free and the Brave, but no more..... it is now the land of the sick and the weak....

Let God help us, no one else will.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
And the Republicans will still be a bunch of old white men.
Yup sure will and you will go hungry.... naked too........

Old 11-09-2012, 05:26 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
We cerrtainly don't need people whoc an't support more children tha they can afford. Its a big enough problem as it is.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:26 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Now the Usa is truly a melting pot.
In any event,I'm not sure the Usa will still exist.

I really don't know why the black people on here are glad.
Do you know this means you guys would have another race,possibly Hispanic,oppressing you guys?
If it isn't whites,it will be Hispanics.

I don't think that they are worried about that, since white males are not going to give up their hold on the country even if it is just 10 of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies