Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 11:40 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,423,102 times

Advertisements

What exactly has Obama or any Democrat done in the last four years to expand entitlements? Can you name a single thing? Please enlighten me how Obama is the "food stamp president" when he didn't invent and didn't touch the SNAP program, for instance.

I refuse to count Obamacare because there was already Medicaid for the poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 01:00 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,436,787 times
Those pesky facts...

Old 11-08-2012, 01:08 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,141,500 times
His support of same sex marriage will result in spousal and survivor benefits being given to every second American (after people figure out how to game the system) and that will collapse the whole program of Social Security.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:00 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,652,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
His support of same sex marriage will result in spousal and survivor benefits being given to every second American (after people figure out how to game the system) and that will collapse the whole program of Social Security.
lol what???

Old 11-08-2012, 05:24 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,329,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
What exactly has Obama or any Democrat done in the last four years to expand entitlements? Can you name a single thing? Please enlighten me how Obama is the "food stamp president" when he didn't invent and didn't touch the SNAP program, for instance.

Extending unemployment benefits to 99 weeks is one. The food stamp knock is because wages have gone down so more people qualify for food stamps.

My main issue is a mandate from the federal government that I have to buy anything.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:33 AM

37,762 posts, read 40,870,361 times
Quote:

From a previous post of mine:

Why can't anyone see what Obama did?

They are cutting the people they deliberately increased on food stamps in time for the 2012 election. This is from a 2011 post of mine.

Obama is The Food Stamp President not just that a poor economy is causing it. This comes from Tom Vilsack, the Secretary of Agriculture, in his own words on Morning Joe back in August 2011.

"U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack backed a White House claim that food stamps, which the Department of Agriculture administers, actually constitute a stimulus program, describing it as 'the most direct stimulus you can get into the economy during these tough times.' 'The reason the number of recipients has increased is that the federal government has been working more closely with local governments to get more Americans on food stamps,' Vilsack said."

Ag Secretary Vilsack: Food Stamps Stimulate Jobs

What Vilsack and the Obama administration is really doing is making more people dependent on the federal dole to stimulate Democrat voting.

"According to CBO, in the years ahead the share of the population that participates in SNAP will fall back to 2008 levels."

House Agriculture Committee Farm Bill Would Throw 2 to 3 Million People Off of SNAP — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

So to sum it up, put a whole bunch of additional people on food stamp rolls so they vote Democrat to keep their freebies, then cut the same number of people off the food stamp rolls to make it look like you are cutting spending and that it happens AFTER Election Day. Once you are in for your second term, you don't care.

And the news media just rolls over and plays dead.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:44 AM

23,158 posts, read 26,101,649 times
How has Obama expanded entitlements?

"In fact, President Obama took office, federal welfare spending has increased by 41 percent, more than $193 billion per year."
http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/PA694.pdf[/SIZE]

Old 11-08-2012, 05:54 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,326,738 times
Quote:

Quote:
I refuse to count Obamacare

Then you refuse to face reality which is typical of most Obama supporters.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:28 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,225,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
So what?
Why do you get benefits others don't get?
What makes you special?
You don't think that hets don't scam the system?

So the entire basis of your thought process is greed.
How about we just get rid of survivor or spousal benefits.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:30 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,268,389 times
The USG has done some pretty heavy advertising for existing programs.
Food Stamp usage hits a new high each month and the lifeline program grew 476% in 3 years.

They didn't change laws to expand the programs but they did advertise heavily to expand the numbers that use the programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies