Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2012, 10:54 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
seeing as the area is devastated, they'll be there to help people start putting their lives back together with financial help. They'll be there as long as they are needed.

One storm now, but the devastation will remain for months.
My sister in law was told yesterday it would probably be 8 months before her home is livable. She was flooded out and the house is a disaster. It stinks from the slime of the flood water. Everything got ruined including her car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 11:01 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,655,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If anything, I hope you folks walking away knowing that ultimately you're on your own in a disaster and plan for it.
The majority of people did.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:05 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
And so the lunacy begins again...

The GOP reminds me of the little drunk always starting bar fights, getting his butt whipped and coming in the next day only to start another fight and getting his butt whipped all over again.
Quite the opposite.

The GOP (which has nothing to do with this) is typically made up of people who have the God-given sense to provide for themselves and plan for emergencies. When life deals them a curve ball, they don't sit around and whine about it. The handle it.

The left, on the other hand, is a bunch of pansies who can't even function without underwear.

This thread is proof of that.

Let me put it in a way even idiots can understand:

Who would you rather be stranded with?

Sarah Palin or Bloomers Bloomberg?

Old 11-08-2012, 11:08 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
The majority of people did.
There are always people who don't and figure FEMA is their answer.
Anyone reading this thread, affected or not, should not think FEMA is their savior.

I've seen my share of ill informed "victims of disaster" having lived in Florida for a number of years not having any preps.

When Andrew was closing in on Florida I was far enough inland not to be effected by storm surge. My MIL/FIL bugged out to my house.
Told them to bring all their hurricane supplies..who knows how long one might be stranded. They showed up with one package of frozen hamburger meat. Where's the canned goods, candles, flashlights, bottled water ?
Then the winds started hitting hard..figured water would go out so I go and fill up the 2 bathtubs of water. MIL comes out of bathroom.."Who's taking a bath..can I go first ?" Meanwhile here we are propping up accordian closet doors over a taped sliding glass window in case the winds send projectiles. I just glared at my husband and told him to please tie her up and put her in the closet before she puts us all in danger.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There are always people who don't and figure FEMA is their answer.
Anyone reading this thread, affected or not, should not think FEMA is their savior.

I've seen my share of ill informed "victims of disaster" having lived in Florida for a number of years not having any preps.
Yes, there are always people, and they're the ones who make the news, when the majority of people here stocked up on food, gas, etc before the storm and have been making do since.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:20 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
NYC.gov - Warming Centers

This is where they go to be warm.

Not the FEMA office.
I'm shocked, totally shocked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Quite the opposite.

The GOP (which has nothing to do with this) is typically made up of people who have the God-given sense to provide for themselves and plan for emergencies. When life deals them a curve ball, they don't sit around and whine about it. The handle it.

The left, on the other hand, is a bunch of pansies who can't even function without underwear.

This thread is proof of that.

Let me put it in a way even idiots can understand:

Who would you rather be stranded with?

Sarah Palin or Bloomers Bloomberg?
Could've fooled me, I thought some posting here were paid GOP members.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:26 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
How do you know he is a he?
How do YOU know anything?

Old 11-08-2012, 11:42 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,663,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yes, these are the lengths that the right wing nut jobs have to take in order to blame Obama for something.

Far be it, that anything is open during a major storm. So, a person wants to go to 7-11 to pick up toilet paper when there is 12 " snow and 60 mph winds going around them?
Your post a few moments before this one had it at 8" of snow and 40 mph winds. Now it's 12 and 60.

You must live in a wind tunnel.

Which is it?

Old 11-08-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Your post a few moments before this one had it at 8" of snow and 40 mph winds. Now it's 12 and 60.

You must live in a wind tunnel.

Which is it?
Depends on where you are in the tri-state area. Several areas had 60mph winds and a foot of snow last night.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:46 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Somebody keeps leaving the freezer open in his/her house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies