Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2012, 08:00 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
there is no other LOGICAL reason to vote for obama other than a handout.

the economy was and is in shambles, no budgets were done, sequestration is coming (although denied by obama during the debate), wars were expanded, citizens were murdered, the patriot act was expanded, the giant obamacare tax was instituted, whistleblowers were punished, social service costs are WAY up, and illegal immigration was and is unchecked-all the while the party talks about "the working man".

give me a break.

the only people who would vote for MORE OF THAT are those who are in desperate times, or in need of a government handout of some sort. this election proves that the economy is even worse than we have been told, even with all those statistic "modifications" that keep occurring.

we understand what happened.
Keep telling yourself that.
I've never asked for a handout in my life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 08:01 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Keep telling yourself that.
I've never asked for a handout in my life.
so you are a government worker?

because, if that isn't the case, i still can't imagine logically why you would vote for more of all that.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:01 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
there is no other LOGICAL reason to vote for obama other than a handout.

the economy was and is in shambles, no budgets were done, sequestration is coming (although denied by obama during the debate), wars were expanded, citizens were murdered, the patriot act was expanded, the giant obamacare tax was instituted, whistleblowers were punished, social service costs are WAY up, and illegal immigration was and is unchecked-all the while the party talks about "the working man".

give me a break.

the only people who would vote for MORE OF THAT are those who are in desperate times, or in need of a government handout of some sort. this election proves that the economy is even worse than we have been told, even with all those statistic "modifications" that keep occurring.

we understand what happened.
Or they just didn't see the republicans as a viable alternative maybe?

Old 11-11-2012, 08:06 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,135,259 times
Quote:
so you are a government worker?
Nope.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Or they just didn't see the republicans as a viable alternative maybe?
here's something i learned early on in life.

if something isn't working, you don't do more of it.

ron paul called it, and he's right. (as usual)

Old 11-11-2012, 08:10 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
here's something i learned early on in life.

if something isn't working, you don't do more of it.

you try something else, anything else.
Except we tried them 8 years ago, and that is why we are in this mess

Old 11-11-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Except we tried them 8 years ago, and that is why we are in this mess
are you saying that romney is bush in disguise?

i didn't know that.

different candidate-different policies.

for the record, we had 6 years of a republican congress and then 4 years of a democratic congress, and 2 years of a democratic senate/president and republican house and things don't seem to be getting any better.

i admit that bush was a lousy republican, but we certainly know that obama is no JFK.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:39 PM

447 posts, read 495,984 times
self repugnance, great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.X View Post
Hey Hawkeye 2009,

All the lefties think Im you....lol..

Two great minds think alike....

Old 11-12-2012, 01:56 PM

779 posts, read 537,360 times
Quote:
you know what they say about people who assume something?

no, i meant ALL politicians and ALL buildings named after politicians.

rename them ALL.
Oh that's some rich irony right there, after you assumed that everyone who voted for Obama wants a handout. In fact, I've seen you make slap-dash assumptions about liberals literally dozens and dozens of times. Take that log out of your eye before pointing out the speck of dust in your neighbor's eye...

In any case, I don't believe you. You are so biased that I just don't think that you're being truthful; but, good luck with your pipe-dream of saving the economy by selling the naming rights for public areas. *laughs*

Old 11-12-2012, 02:05 PM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The poor supported Obama, which will result in the destruction of the nation, altering the lives of everyone in the US forever.

I had previously been a DeToqueville Society member of the United Way, donating fairly substantial sums. I cancelled my donations yesterday. I refuse to provide monetary support to people who destroyed the nation. I guess they can get all thier money from Obama.

I had two scholarships to the local Catholic High School and one to our state university- cancelled. To hell with Obama supporters.
You keep opening these anti-american threads. You used to be one of the most patriotic Americans I knew on here. What happened? It was just one lost election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies