Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 06:50 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The people who support homosexual marriage think that they are moral.
I have asked you multiple times in multiple threads to justify your contention that homosexuality is immoral. You have either not seen my requests, or intentionally ignored them, for you have not responded.

Here is another chance, please tell us why it is immoral...

Old 11-09-2012, 06:56 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I don't care if you accept me or my marriage. Your acceptance is neither requested or required in my life.
Really? Great! Then stop advocating for gay marriage to be legal.

Don't you realize that when something is legal in this republic - it is because the citizens of a particular district accept or support the concept that is behind the law?

You are asking me to condone your lifestyle choice - and place the force of law behind that support.

What do you want? You can't have it both ways. If acceptance of others is not required, then you should have no problem with existing marriage law in Missisipppi.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:56 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,816,387 times
LMAO....Guys like me who are sinners and cus like sailors don't want any part of it.

The really Christian folks vomit at the thought of it.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:02 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,966,855 times
To keep this in text of the forum. I will not comment on the context of the book of Romans.

I don't believe you can legislate morality in a country that has freedom of religion.

When we legislate marriage and morality we have to ask why do Christians support dishonest presidential candidates. Why do we allow divorce and remarriage against the Bible. There are many other issues.

If gay marriage is a sin in the Bible, its still a sin! Christians should understand the diference between Gods word and secular law.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:29 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times
Quote:
The people who support homosexual marriage think that they are moral.

How come when your "people need to keep their morality to themselves" is bandied about - it never applies to them?
Interesting thought, but you're wrong. Speaking for myself, I support gay marriage. However, I don't have an opinion on whether it is moral or immoral. Quite frankly, it doesn't matter to me what you do or who you do it with. As long as nobody is getting harmed, and the situation involves consenting adults, get your jollies any way you want.

As for your point of view, I've seen you spout your morality several times without backing up your arguments. If you want to live your life based on a 2000 year old book that was written by men, edited by men, and used by men for the last couple of millennia to subjugate other people, feel free.

For myself, I'll continue with my belief that Christianity, just like Judaism, Islam, and all the rest of the -isms, -anities, and -ams, is a religious framework that was created by men - who are fallible by nature - and have very little to do with the Supreme Being who created us.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Really? Great! Then stop advocating for gay marriage to be legal.

Don't you realize that when something is legal in this republic - it is because the citizens of a particular district accept or support the concept that is behind the law?

You are asking me to condone your lifestyle choice - and place the force of law behind that support.

What do you want? You can't have it both ways. If acceptance of others is not required, then you should have no problem with existing marriage law in Missisipppi.
Legal acceptance and social acceptance are not the same thing. If you would like proof of this, look at the social stigma that is still attached to interracial marriage in some parts of the country, even though it hasn't been illegal for quite some time.

Nobody is asking you to accept gay marriage on a social level. If you don't wish to associate with a homosexual couple, nobody is going to force you to do so. Nobody is asking you to condone anything, either. You have made it abundantly clear that you are against gay marriage, and quite honestly, I'd say most people are okay with that. They may not be happy with the reasoning behind your opposition, but they're okay with the opposition itself.

Plain and simple, gay marriage is going to be legal in this country, probably in my lifetime. Just like the rest of us who oppose certain laws, you'll deal with it and move on.

Out of curiosity, exactly what, aside from religion, leads you to oppose gay marriage?

Old 11-09-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Legal acceptance and social acceptance are not the same thing. If you would like proof of this, look at the social stigma that is still attached to interracial marriage in some parts of the country, even though it hasn't been illegal for quite some time.

Nobody is asking you to accept gay marriage on a social level. If you don't wish to associate with a homosexual couple, nobody is going to force you to do so. Nobody is asking you to condone anything, either. You have made it abundantly clear that you are against gay marriage, and quite honestly, I'd say most people are okay with that. They may not be happy with the reasoning behind your opposition, but they're okay with the opposition itself.

Plain and simple, gay marriage is going to be legal in this country, probably in my lifetime. Just like the rest of us who oppose certain laws, you'll deal with it and move on.

Out of curiosity, exactly what, aside from religion, leads you to oppose gay marriage?
Because WE lose other RIGHTS to get it. Several in the Constitution.......it a rag paper to that fool in the WH. He could give two sh*ts less about it.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
Because WE lose other RIGHTS to get it. Several in the Constitution.......it a rag paper to that fool in the WH. He could give two sh*ts less about it.
What rights are being taken away from heterosexuals by giving homosexuals the same rights? If my gay neighbors get married, it doesn't mean that my marriage is any less valid, nor does it take away any of my freedoms. Please explain.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
What rights are being taken away from heterosexuals by giving homosexuals the same rights? If my gay neighbors get married, it doesn't mean that my marriage is any less valid, nor does it take away any of my freedoms. Please explain.
You can start by letting those illegals in to swarm and take our jobs. The next would be the Second Amendment...... We're just getting started here. Surely all of you who wanted "William"....(NOT Bill) to be able to French kiss in the line at McDs in front of your 98 year old grandmother KNEW all this before voting that fool in for a second term......didn't ya?

Old 11-09-2012, 07:56 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,479,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
No true Christian should support same sex marriage. Period.
No true Christian would support no fault divorce. Period.

I don't actually believe that, by the way. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of this statement.

Last edited by mackinac81; 11-09-2012 at 08:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies