Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2012, 03:31 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Not really. My viewpoints are back by evidence, and I don't say other people can't possibly be right. In some parallel universe where hate is more important than love, sure they might be right. Doesn't mean they follow Jesus on planet Earth.
Well, no one has mad such claim, so I dont' even know what you are talking about.

Look, every post you make you make an attempt to judge people as un-Christian, hateful etc simply because they defend Christian values. All they are guilty of is disagreeing with your views, and when you lash out the way you do, you come across as angry. It is that very anger which reveals the weakness of the actual position you are trying to defend. Trying to raise your voice, or feiging anger to overcome a weak position is an old trick, and it's not going to work.

Over aggressive pro-gay people such as yourself are defined in Romans 1:31 “they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.”

Old 11-18-2012, 03:40 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, no one has mad such claim, so I dont' even know what you are talking about.

Look, every post you make you make an attempt to judge people as un-Christian, hateful etc simply because they defend Christian values.
Condemning gay people is not a Christian value no matter how much you want to pretend it is. Jesus called religious conservatives who cling to legalism, and ignore compassion and love vipers and hypocrites.

Quote:
Over aggressive pro-gay people such as yourself are defined in Romans 1:31 “they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.”
You don't know the first thing about me. I have an extremely high sense of morality and empathy. Even my family and friends think I'm too puritanical and innocent. I've been nicknamed "Angel". And as a Messianic Jew, I'm theologically more in line with the Apostles than any Christian today.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:44 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,289 times
Quote:
I ask, because it interests me. If it does not interest you, then just let it go.
I'd let it go, but I'm concerned you're discounting the views of those Christians whom you do not agree with (are all Christians not equal?). Its all over this thread, and frankly, if I was a Christian, I'd be insulted.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You don't know the first thing about me. I have an extremely high sense of morality and empathy. Even my family and friends think I'm too puritanical and innocent. I've been nicknamed "Angel".
Your own words here define you, and you come across as a very angry, judgmental and bitter person.

Quote:
I'm theologically more in line with the Apostles than any Christian today
And arrogant.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
I'd let it go, but I'm concerned you're discounting the views of those Christians whom you do not agree with (are all Christians not equal?). Its all over this thread, and frankly, if I was a Christian, I'd be insulted.
Most cultural Christians are not insulted by the term "cultural Christian", and some are even quick to add they are 'non-practising' Christians. They consider themselves Christians because they were born in a Christian country, they celebrate Christian holidays and appreciate Christian traditions, but if asked, they will tell you they are not 'born again' Christians. For decades I was such person myself. I had no relationship with Christ, but if someone asked me what religion I was I'd tell them I was Christian.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:00 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,289 times
Quote:
Most cultural Christians are not insulted by the term "cultural Christian", and some are even quick to add they are 'non-practising' Christians. They consider themselves Christians because they were born in a Christian country, they celebrate Christian holidays and appreciate Christian traditions, but if asked, they will tell you they are not 'born again' Christians. For decades I was such person myself. I had no relationship with Christ, but if someone asked me what religion I was I'd tell them I was Christian.
You've entirely misunderstood my post.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:21 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,224,246 times
Quote:
Actually I have no intention of quoting anything off topic. The topic is "Christians who support gay marriage", and the truth is that there is no such thing as a Christian who promotes sin.
So, since when is marriage a sin? (other than re-marriage)?

Old 11-18-2012, 06:26 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,046,581 times
Christians are people who believe Christ was God manifest on earth. Period. Everything else is chaff, as they say. You accept that one thing, you are Christian. [by definition, though clearly not by the dogma of 100's of individual sects]Interpreting the bible in one way or another is more like club entre into a particular brand.

On top of that pile on 2000 years of interpretations of Greek and possibly Hebrew text that got accepted as New Testament. Then you have a Roman/Eastern split; a Catholic/Protestant split; a continuing Protestant/Protestant/Protestant/Protestant/etc split {all "Christians"]

The OP wants to know how someone who fits his definition of Christian can argue against his translation and interpretation of scripture. The answer is you can't because then you aren't a "Christian".

That said:

"Christians" can and do understand that passage to refer to pagan temple practices in Rome at the time the text was written to the Romans.

"Christians" can & do believe Paul was a man of his time and take his pronouncements in that context - women talking in church, jewelry, marriage etc.

"Christians" can and do believe that their faith is a living thing where the record of what Christ alone said is the clearest basis upon which all later decisions should be made.

Just not the OP's Christians.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:16 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,793 times
Quote:
Can you describe your relationship with Jesus Christ?

MY Jesus teaches LOVE of our fellow man and NOT to judge others.

You never answered my questions regarding Sabbath, "Christmas" trees, and Easter symbols.

I guess you also have a problem with me believing Earth is about 4.5 billion years old.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:45 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,793 times
Quote:
You should read the thread too and discover how Bible defines acceptable sex (married man-woman couple). Unfortunately gay sex falls outside of it as does hetero sex when done outside of marriage.

The Bible also says it is okay to own slaves, kill your children, AND a female if she isn't a virgin on her wedding night, but I guess it is okay for the male to not be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies