Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 04:54 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
Actually there is some truth in that. It was all just part of the "narrative" from the liberal media in an attempt to get more votes.

That's all this is about: VOTES.

Let's stop being compassionate, and let's tell people with this disorder that they are being childish in wanting help. That will get more votes for Democrats by appealing to their base need for acceptance.

Yes, it's all about getting more votes for Democrats. Democrats are merely USING them.
But I know many will say this idea is crazy.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:12 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post

I believe that all human beings have a natural aversion to the idea of homosexuality.

Nonsense.

A big fat lie.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:23 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,848,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
It's a moral disorder.
This thread is as predictable as any on this subject. Same clowns, same circus.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:10 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Actually there is some truth in that. It was all just part of the "narrative" from the liberal media in an attempt to get more votes.

That's all this is about: VOTES.

Let's stop being compassionate, and let's tell people with this disorder that they are being childish in wanting help. That will get more votes for Democrats by appealing to their base need for acceptance.

Yes, it's all about getting more votes for Democrats. Democrats are merely USING them.
But I know many will say this idea is crazy.
The Democratic Party has had a pro-gay rights plank in its platform since 1980.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:25 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
First of all, I have already tried posting this topic in Psychology, and I was told that it belongs here.

I believe that all human beings have a natural aversion to the idea of homosexuality. It is the same feeling that any normal person would have towards anyone with a mental disorder. It is natural to feel empathy and even pity towards them.

But suddenly it has been labelled as politically incorrect to feel this way. Now it is even politically correct to call it hateful if anyone expresses that feeling.

Ten years ago this was the norm, however. So I don't believe that all the self-described "gay supporters" are being honest when they say that they don't feel this aversion as well.

How did this change happen so quickly and why?
Hate to break the NEWS to you but DECADES ago...in 1973.....where have you been the past 40 years?????

Sexual orientation, homosexuality and bisexuality

FROM The American Psychological Association:

QUOTE "
Is homosexuality a mental disorder?

NO, lesbian, gay, and bisexual orientations are not disorders. Research has found no inherent association between any of these sexual orientations and psychopathology. Both heterosexual behavior and homosexual behavior are normal aspects of human sexuality. Both have been documented in many different cultures and historical eras. Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations in this country to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience. Lesbian, gay, and bisexual relationships are normal forms of human bonding. Therefore, these mainstream organizations long ago abandoned classifications of homosexuality as a mental disorder.

END QUOTE!

How Homosexuality Was Removed as a Mental Disorder by the American Psychiatric Association - Democratic Underground

PFOX -Removal of Homosexuality

Box Turtle Bulletin » Today In History: APA Removes Homosexuality from List of Mental Disorders

Old 11-09-2012, 07:30 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
First of all, I have already tried posting this topic in Psychology, and I was told that it belongs here.

I believe that all human beings have a natural aversion to the idea of homosexuality. It is the same feeling that any normal person would have towards anyone with a mental disorder. It is natural to feel empathy and even pity towards them.

But suddenly it has been labelled as politically incorrect to feel this way. Now it is even politically correct to call it hateful if anyone expresses that feeling.

Ten years ago this was the norm, however. So I don't believe that all the self-described "gay supporters" are being honest when they say that they don't feel this aversion as well.

Speak for yourself. Just because you personally have an aversion doesn't mean all human beings do. Not everyone has Ozzy's experience.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:

When you stop bringing the subject up constantly...!!!!!

Old 11-09-2012, 08:07 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Quote:
That is your problem. Not all human beings have a natural aversion. Many do. But not "all." That should be obvious to you. In the USA, millions and millions of people do not have this aversion. It didn't happen suddenly.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:08 AM

150 posts, read 183,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
female brain, male body - how is that normal?
Um that's not homosexuality, that's transexuality. Who are you to dictate what's normal and what's not normal. Do you people actually believe that homosexuality is just something out of a lifestyle magazine that people choose? Please sit yourself down.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:16 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times
I think it was sometime in the 1970s. Interesting that in just a few decades a group has gone from being considered mentally ill to America's elite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies