Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 02:57 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,126,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyrules View Post
first of all, i have already tried posting this topic in psychology, and i was told that it belongs here.

I believe that all human beings have a natural aversion to the idea of homosexuality. It is the same feeling that any normal person would have towards anyone with a mental disorder. It is natural to feel empathy and even pity towards them.

But suddenly it has been labelled as politically incorrect to feel this way. Now it is even politically correct to call it hateful if anyone expresses that feeling.

Ten years ago this was the norm, however. So i don't believe that all the self-described "gay supporters" are being honest when they say that they don't feel this aversion as well.

How did this change happen so quickly and why?

troll!!!!

Old 11-09-2012, 06:06 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,829,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Being oppressed has a funny way of making people more powerful. Jews are a perfect example.
you mean like the power they had in WW2, or the fact that Israel continues to exist only due to foreign 'aid'? yeah, right

Old 11-09-2012, 06:08 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,829,994 times
as for the evolution claims:

Homosexuality in male humans creates extra fertility in related females, so is therefore not evolved out.

In this case, the homosexual is merely a discarded by-product.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:10 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,746,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
you mean like the power they had in WW2, or the fact that Israel continues to exist only due to foreign 'aid'? yeah, right
I was referring to the fact that despite systemic extermination throughout the last 2000 years, Jews have persevered and are some of wealthiest, most intelligent, most successful people on the planet.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:11 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,076,521 times
Quote:
as for the evolution claims:

Homosexuality in male humans creates extra fertility in related females, so is therefore not evolved out.

In this case, the homosexual is merely a discarded by-product.
Interesting theory. And the biological term for what you're calling "a discarded by-product" is vestigial (I mentioned it as a theory in post 14, which you never responded to).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestigiality

Old 11-09-2012, 06:26 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,808,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Actually there is some truth in that. It was all just part of the "narrative" from the liberal media in an attempt to get more votes.

That's all this is about: VOTES.

Let's stop being compassionate, and let's tell people with this disorder that they are being childish in wanting help. That will get more votes for Democrats by appealing to their base need for acceptance.

Yes, it's all about getting more votes for Democrats. Democrats are merely USING them.
But I know many will say this idea is crazy.
People call me a jarhead, hick, redneck, macho, old man, crazy, tough guy, badass, Wyatt Earp, cracker, hairy bastard etc...

I don't p*ss and moan for them to accept me. Not everyone will...that's the fact of life. I go out of my way to irritate once I find a "girly man" or whatever too.

They are gay....doesn't mean I have to like it.

Get over yourselves.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:27 PM

1,723 posts, read 2,220,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
First of all, I have already tried posting this topic in Psychology, and I was told that it belongs here.

I believe that all human beings have a natural aversion to the idea of homosexuality. It is the same feeling that any normal person would have towards anyone with a mental disorder. It is natural to feel empathy and even pity towards them.

But suddenly it has been labelled as politically incorrect to feel this way. Now it is even politically correct to call it hateful if anyone expresses that feeling.

Ten years ago this was the norm, however. So I don't believe that all the self-described "gay supporters" are being honest when they say that they don't feel this aversion as well.

How did this change happen so quickly and why?
Take your ignorant BS somewhere else, or try to educate yourself about human history. Right wing religious nut jobs, geez.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Band_of_Thebes:
Quote:
The Sacred Band of Thebes (Ancient Greek: Ἱερὸς Λόχος, Hieròs Lókhos) was a troop of picked soldiers, consisting of 150 pairs of male lovers which formed the elite force of the Theban army in the 4th century BC. It is said to have been organised by the Theban commander Gorgidas in 378 BC and to have played a crucial role in the Battle of Leuctra. It was annihilated by Philip II of Macedon in the Battle of Chaeronea in 338 BC. ...

...The earliest surviving record of the Sacred Band (Ἱερὸς Λόχος, Hieròs Lókhos) by name was in 324 BC; in the oration Against Demosthenes by the Athenian logographer Dinarchus. He mentions the Sacred Band as being led by the general Pelopidas and, alongside Epaminondas who commanded the army of Thebes (Boeotia), were responsible for the defeat of the Spartans at the decisive Battle of Leuctra (371 BC).
Seems like Alexander the Great was homosexual and not thought too poorly of by his contemporaries (at least the ones his army did not conquer). Paul the Apostle was probably gay, too...he sure did have a problem with it, though.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:30 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,808,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint. View Post
Take your ignorant BS somewhere else, or try to educate yourself about human history. Right wing religious nut jobs, geez.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Band_of_Thebes:

Seems like Alexander the Great was homosexual and not thought too poorly of by his contemporaries (at least the ones his army did not conquer). Paul the Apostle was probably gay, too...he sure did have a problem with it, though.
F*** Alexander The Great......\\

Crazy Mini-Gun - YouTube

Old 11-09-2012, 06:46 PM

3,695 posts, read 4,979,939 times
Quote:
female brain, male body - how is that normal?
ah it isn't a female brain male body....just attraction to men. Some gay men are very masculine others not.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,627,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Believe it or not, most people still consider it a disorder. They just do not speak out for political/social reasons.
Actually, most people do not consider it a disorder. But those who do consider it to be a disorder get comfort by telling themselves that most people agree with them. They're wrong.

Gay and Lesbian Rights

Of course, conservatives have now become used to their echo-chamber media telling them that they're right, so their views are never challenged. They believe that Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and Anne Coulter are more knowledgeable about science than the doctors and researchers with advanced degrees in psychology and medicine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.