Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2007, 03:21 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I assume that that would be in reaction to how her comments dehumanize people.
she doesn't dehumanize people, she dehumanizes herself, by being heartless towards 9/11 widows and intolerant and baseless towards Jews and their religious beliefs.. she does the damage to herself.. so calling her a cow is just in due theme of what she promotes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 03:29 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
The people you call "conservatives" today -- since you use it as a synonym for the GOP, FOUNDED that party to fight slavery! Lincoln was the FIRST Republican candidate for President!
John C. Fremont was the first Republican candidate for President.

Abraham Lincoln was the first Republican elected President.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:33 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
LOL. I knew somebody would say that and try to protect her disgraceful commentary. I saw the entire interview as well, and if you think the statement that "We just want Jews to be perfected"...."We believe the Old Testament, but ours is more like Federal Express"...."Christians consider themselves perfected Jews"...is not offensive to Jewish people, that is just remarkable.
Well, then Jewish people are being unreasonable. Any Christian who is educated in his own faith and serious about it wants Jews and everyone else to convert to Christianity. Their savior, Jesus of Nazareth, told his apostles to go out and convert everyone.

Crazy? Yes, it's stark raving crazy. But it's no more anti-Jewish than anti-Baha'i or anti-Shinto. There are too many good reasons to despise Ann Coulter to spend any more time on this silliness.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:42 PM

Republican party might have been the party that had an important hand in freeing the slaves, but anyone who knows about politics and history, BOTH parties have switched platforms numerous times.... so to compare the history of the republican party members then to the platform they choose to stand on today.. is not synonymous.. and vise versa for the democrats...I sincerely doubt Had ann coulter been alive in 1865, she'd be up the back of abe's train talking about how slaves should be free, but rather, preaching from the front porch of a rich plantation house complaining and attacking these "new ideals"

Old 10-14-2007, 03:46 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
Republican party might have been the party that had an important hand in freeing the slaves, but anyone who knows about politics and history, BOTH parties have switched platforms numerous times.... so to compare the history of the republican party members then to the platform they choose to stand on today.. is not synonymous.. and vise versa for the democrats...I sincerely doubt Had ann coulter been alive in 1865, she'd be up the back of abe's train talking about how slaves should be free, but rather, preaching from the front porch of a rich plantation house complaining and attacking these "new ideals"
Since her family is from Connecticut, I'd bet Coulter would be an abolitionist.

Bill Clinton and John Edwards, however, would be Confederate soldiers.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Since her family is from Connecticut, I'd bet Coulter would be an abolitionist.

Bill Clinton and John Edwards, however, would be Confederate soldiers.
lol... dynamics as far as north and south are hardly an argument today either.
its just not comparable.. transportation today allows generations to move to and from any location.. taking with them their ideals and beliefs...mixing the pot.. we call america...

Old 10-14-2007, 05:16 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Ann should have stuck with opinions that are acceptable in America...such as degrading and demonizing muslims, even wishing to see them torn to pieces on TV.
Maybe Ann is right about her latest comment, if only all people could be half as perfect as christians are, what a wonderful world it would be!

Old 10-14-2007, 05:57 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
she doesn't dehumanize people, she dehumanizes herself, by being heartless towards 9/11 widows and intolerant and baseless towards Jews and their religious beliefs.. she does the damage to herself.. so calling her a cow is just in due theme of what she promotes.
So cows are mean to 9/11 widows and intolerant of Jews and their religous beliefs? Weird, I've never witnessed a cow berating anyone.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:42 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,258 times
Uh...how is the boycott going? I don't see her withering away in the media. Keep trying though. Stop buying....Oh, what is it that she is selling?

Her books. Stop buying them....Oh, you don't.

Then, for gosh sakes stop supporting her by watching those tv programs that ask her to express her opinion...Oh, you don't.

Then, dang....stop reading her column in whatever paper you read! Oh, you don't!

Well, good for you....You have stopped buying what you never bought and really told her!

Silly you.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:04 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
The Party Shoppe near my house is selling the "Ann Coulter" costume for Halloween. The only problem is that you have to be 6'6" with no breasts or hips to fit into the dress, and that lousy "God Bless Larry Craig" sash wants to switch sides all the time....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies