Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 09:26 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I remember some of your posts, Rakin. You still don't get it.

WAR ON WOMEN: that phrase has come to mean the concentrated effort, seemingly of conservative white men in office, to withhold/deny/control issues such as:

Birth control measures & yes, abortion, a legal choice for women.
Access to sexual health practices
Education for women re reproduction and their rights, including abortion
Efforts to control women's bodies through enacting of laws that are detrimental to women, and without their input , or that without needed services

Come on guys....no matter WHO is involved, it is to control women....

think of it this way...we are also talking about YOUR sister, wife, mother.....your friends and colleagues that are affected...as a whole.

I do get it.

I'm a Moderate who is Pro-Choice, believe we should let women decide about their bodies, believe in legalizing and controlling many drugs (US war on drugs is a disaster) and more importantly have a gay son who we threw a "Commitment Ceremony" with his committed partner about 4 years ago. I've been actively involved in the gay community and PFLAG over the years. I've was married until last year for 35 years and have a 3 year old grand daughter. I believe we should have BC free in high schools. After high school, you should buy your own.

So don't judge when you don't know someone.

You've been sold the BS by the Obama campaign that people wantto take away your female rights and keep you suppressed. No one wants that. There are people who for religious reasons don't agree with abortion and that I can understand.

You are so far off. Most Republicans are very socially moderate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 09:33 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I do get it.

I'm a Moderate who is Pro-Choice, believe we should let women decide about their bodies, believe in legalizing and controlling many drugs (US war on drugs is a disaster) and more importantly have a gay son who we threw a "Commitment Ceremony" with his committed partner about 4 years ago. I've been actively involved in the gay community and PFLAG over the years. I've was married until last year for 35 years and have a 3 year old grand daughter. I believe we should have BC free in high schools. After high school, you should buy your own.

So don't judge when you don't know someone.

You've been sold the BS by the Obama campaign that people wantto take away your female rights and keep you suppressed. No one wants that. There are people who for religious reasons don't agree with abortion and that I can understand.

You are so far off. Most Republicans are very socially moderate.
I think this point is true, but....the problem arises when people such as Akin, Mourdock, Walsh spew their nonsense, and there is very little comment from the socially moderate Rs. Where is the outrage over their statements?

Old 11-09-2012, 09:39 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
The fanatics in the Repugnant Party suppressed their moderate wing a long time ago.

thanks, Z

Old 11-09-2012, 09:41 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
le roi, earlier in the thread those rights were listed....
you'll have to repeat them, i didn't see anything that was a right. I saw a list of spending priorities , and then something about abortion, neither of which are rights.

Quote:
And YES, you have rights
what are they? be specific.

Quote:
but the main issue is:

REPRODUCTIVE rights....so far, not aware of any men delivering any babies.
so you're saying men don't have any reproductive rights, only women do.

Quote:
One point: the recent onslaught to basically withhold funding and dismantle PLANNED PARENTHOOD and their education and medical treatment regarding sexual issues.
That's funded by government money, which I noticed went completely unmentioned in your first post.

There's a huge difference between "denying you access" to something (forbidding it by law), and simply refusing to support it with government money (defunding it).

My view is that women have no "rights" to government-sponsored sexual education or care, nor do men.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I think this point is true, but....the problem arises when people such as Akin, Mourdock, Walsh spew their nonsense, and there is very little comment from the socially moderate Rs. Where is the outrage over their statements?
Where is the outrage over the Jesse Jacksons, MSNBC's, The Obama us verses them, Puilosi, Waters ? Do you see all the DA remarks from the Dems over Trevon Martin ? No one liked that situation but they made it all about race. Does Maxine Waters truly reflect all Democrats ?

There are dumbazzes in every party.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The fanatics in the Repugnant Party suppressed their moderate wing a long time ago.

thanks, Z
Gregw... the same can be said about the fanatics in the Democrat party. You do recall when many southern states were democrat.

It appears there are no Moderates in the democratic party.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Where is the outrage over the Jesse Jacksons, MSNBC's, The Obama us verses them, Puilosi, Waters ? Do you see all the DA remarks from the Dems over Trevon Martin ? No one liked that situation but they made it all about race. Does Maxine Waters truly reflect all Democrats ?

There are dumbazzes in every party.
They all made comments about rape?

Old 11-09-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
They all made comments about rape?
I doubt it but they've made more than their share of Racist comments. Is there much of a difference ?

Stupidity has no boundaries. I make no excuses for stupid Rape or Racial comments.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:53 AM

I attempted to start a thread about rape recently and got shot down because it was a group of 6 Black men who raped a young girl.

Do you think these young men (White, Brown and Black) being raised by no fathers learn to respect Women ? Hell no they don't.

The war on women (lack of fathers, rape, respect) is a concern that needs to be addressed. It's not about a bunch of old rich guys but the young men of today who treat their women like trash.

That's the war on women. Get angry about that.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 AM

Quote:
I attempted to start a thread about rape recently and got shot down because it was a group of 6 Black men who raped a young girl.

Do you think these young men (White, Brown and Black) being raised by no fathers learn to respect Women ? Hell no they don't.

The war on women (lack of fathers, rape, respect) is a concern that needs to be addressed. It's not about a bunch of old rich guys but the young men of today who treat their women like trash.

That's the war on women. Get angry about that.
Umm....that's what this thread is about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies