Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 02:57 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Actually, there is a better explanation. "It's like this. A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members. In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of weed, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of weed eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a joints"

Maybe that it explains why I feel like it opens my mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 03:01 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Maybe that it explains why I feel like it opens my mind.
Well, I'm going to be in western Kentucky this weekend pretending its colorado, in celebration.

Is moonshine legal there? If not, I'll still breaking the law a little

Old 11-09-2012, 03:02 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Well, I'm going to be in western Kentucky this weekend pretending its colorado, in celebration.

Have fun. Though, I personally wouldn't touch moonshine, and I don't like hard liquor... period.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
I think they will still find that liabity under the influence of marijuana has not chnaged and employers will not want to be liable for employeee under the influence.People wil still be fire no matter what just like having alcohol testing. No one can be liable for its employees in a ever growing tort punishment environment. my employer did spot testig and first tiem they were give concilig and more like;ly to be etst randomly again.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:27 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

"A little" is OK as long as you don't abuse the carbon laws.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:35 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
In the State of Washington, smoking dope is now legal and every teenager can now smoke it as he/she pleases without fear of punishment. On the other-hand, smoking tobacco is becoming more and more of a criminal offence by the leftist state government and is outlawed in every public place and even in private homes. I'm sure these same leftists are smoking more then their share of dope, that's why they are what they are, because of their drug induced addled brains, -leftists.
I just don't get it, isn't marijuana just as bad as nicotine for being habit forming? Isn't the smoke from dope just as bad for your lungs as smoke from a cigarette? Arn't you just as likely to get lung cancer from smoking marijuana as you are tobacco? The left is now celebrating because they now can openly and legally smoke their dope while at the same time are making more and more laws agaist smoking tobacco. Something is screwy going on here. Will some dope smoker or druggy try to straighten me out??:th ink::thi nk:
This post is full of wrong, as it's already been laid out for you by other posters. Now as a smoker of BOTH marijuana and cigarettes, I can tell you one thing for sure... there is absolutely NO comparison between the physiological addictions of these two substances, with nicotine/cigarettes being a zillion times worse. I can barely go two hours without a cigarette (unless I'm asleep), until I start to get physical withdrawal symptoms - spaciness, coughing, headache, even shakiness at times.

Marijuana, on the other hand, has never caused me to have a physical craving. I go hours/days/weeks etc without smoking pot, and really don't even notice aside from maybe a little boredom if I'm not busy. On the flip-side, it's been about an hour & a half since my last cigarette, and I'm feeling withdrawal symptoms as I type this. Haven't smoked any pot today, however, and have no desire to do so at this time. So you can keep believing and spreading all the lies you want, but those of us with experience are all shaking our heads like "daaaang, how much MORE wrong can you be?"

(and yes, I would love to quit smoking cigs - but as I said, the physical cravings are seriously intense)

Old 11-09-2012, 03:37 PM

P.S. Marijuana doesn't have to be smoked, so those arguments aren't even necessarily relevant... many people ingest it as food, or use tools like the vaporizer to cut out the smoking-related dangers.

P.P.S. I live in California, one of the worst "nanny states" in the country, and smoking cigarettes is still legal here. We can't smoke inside of PUBLIC places, which is totally fine with me, but outside and in your home is not illegal - yet. Same rules apply to marijuana here (if you have a legal prescription), so I'm not sure why you think that's a one-sided law.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
I used to work going in and out of peoples homes and if I had a dime for every time I ran across pot in a home I could have retired very early. Not low life's either, professionals.
Haha. While I was in college I worked as a pizza delivery driver, and would estimate around half (maybe even more) of the homes smelled like weed when they opened their doors. If nothing else, you could at least say pot helps the food industry... what's better than PIZZA after a good smoke?

Old 11-09-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Hmmm..... what do you call smoking bans? If you violate the ban, is that not a criminal offense?
Tobacco consumption itself isn't illegal, though, if you're over 18. Sex in public places is (usually) illegal, so does that mean sex is an illicit act? Those were the words of the OP, they didn't specify WHERE you partake may be illegal.

Btw, it's not really a "criminal offense" to smoke in a non-smoking area... I've done it more than once, and if you get caught by "authorities" they just ask you to put it out. A good example would be Candlestick Park, where they recently banned smoking anywhere inside the park's gates - but since they also don't allow in & out privileges, most smokers just huddle in the outdoor stairwells and smoke until security stops them. Security doesn't even care all that much, and have told me (when I work events there) to go ahead if I can find a low-traffic spot. I'd have to check on the statewide laws, but I doubt actual criminal charges are attached to these regulations.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:14 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,132,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think they will still find that liabity under the influence of marijuana has not chnaged and employers will not want to be liable for employeee under the influence.People wil still be fire no matter what just like having alcohol testing. No one can be liable for its employees in a ever growing tort punishment environment. my employer did spot testig and first tiem they were give concilig and more like;ly to be etst randomly again.
I couldn't but help notice your spelling. You couldn't be under the influence now, could you???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies