Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 03:46 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,039,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
When does the baby in this have a voice in this decision, three months, six months, nine months, nine months and 30 seconds?
When is it considered a baby?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 05:04 PM

2,906 posts, read 1,981,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
and why is the ONUS on the woman to do so . There are birth control methods for men.
Yes, I agree. If he's smart, if they're smart, they'll take proper precaution. To be honest though when I was a young man I had a rule to never spend that type of time with a woman unless she was someone I'd be willing to marry, and knew she'd marry me if she became pregnant. And noone was more into women than I was, I just believed in waiting for the right one(s). Quality over quantity, as they say.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:05 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Well maybe the President or the DOJ will step in to save the women.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:43 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I may have no love for the Republican Party, but one of the many reasons I can never support the Democrats:

They make it a moral imperative to save the lives of murderers, but see no problem with slaughtering a few million unborn babies. So apparently the sanctity of life only matters if your a monster that probably deserves to die. You don't matter to Dems if you're completely innocent of course.

Would it really hurt the Dems to at least be consistent on sanctity of life issues?
And so you believe quite passionately that a law absolutely must be passed requiring all pregnant women to give birth?

Old 11-11-2012, 02:16 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
And so you believe quite passionately that a law absolutely must be passed requiring all pregnant women to give birth?
Hell, why not just let nature take its course. There's such a controversy about whether an unborn baby is human with human rights. Why not just let each instance prove itself out. If any given pregnancy does not result in a human being then the fetus is not human and has no human rights obviously. If it does result in a human being then apparently it is human and has the same rights as any other human being.

I'm sure that pregnant women are horribly inconvenienced by pregnancy. Victims of murder are much more inconvenienced. They lose all of their options. A woman with an unwanted pregnancy has the option to give the child up for adoption and can move on with her life thereafter. A murder victim isn't so fortunate. If a person is okay with ending one life because its existence is inconveniencing somebody (pregnancy), they shouldn't get all up in arms about ending the another life that has proven to be a much greater inconvenience (murderers.)

And sure, as somebody pointed out, there are Democrats who support capital punishment. The crusade against capital punishment is still almost entirely a crusade being waged by liberals.

Cases of rape, when the mother's life is in danger or other similar circumstances, I'd say the practice of abortion can be tolerated. That accounts for about 3% of all abortions annually.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:32 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
What kind of person thinks they have a right to "choose" killing a defenseless baby in the womb? That baby should have a right to live. Cross your legs if you don't want to get pregnant.
Read my status.
Don't want abortion, don't have one.
But you don't get to decide what I do with my body.

So, if you have cancer or any other growth, I get to choose if you can have surgery.
Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Then use protection, missy. And don't call me Charlie. YOU can call me Sir.
Ah, yes, women are whores.
What, it took 7 posts.

You don't even know what viable means.
Some posts are so moronic, I don't know where to start critiquing.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:31 AM

464 posts, read 479,191 times
They tried it. Don't like abortion? Don't get one.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:32 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Hell, why not just let nature take its course. There's such a controversy about whether an unborn baby is human with human rights. Why not just let each instance prove itself out. If any given pregnancy does not result in a human being then the fetus is not human and has no human rights obviously. If it does result in a human being then apparently it is human and has the same rights as any other human being.

I'm sure that pregnant women are horribly inconvenienced by pregnancy. Victims of murder are much more inconvenienced. They lose all of their options. A woman with an unwanted pregnancy has the option to give the child up for adoption and can move on with her life thereafter. A murder victim isn't so fortunate. If a person is okay with ending one life because its existence is inconveniencing somebody (pregnancy), they shouldn't get all up in arms about ending the another life that has proven to be a much greater inconvenience (murderers.)

And sure, as somebody pointed out, there are Democrats who support capital punishment. The crusade against capital punishment is still almost entirely a crusade being waged by liberals.

Cases of rape, when the mother's life is in danger or other similar circumstances, I'd say the practice of abortion can be tolerated. That accounts for about 3% of all abortions annually.
how cavalier. most women who give a child up for adoption can not just forget they have a child "out there somewhere" cavalier as well to suggest for someone with an unwanted pregnancy to just go awhead and give birth. there is a segment of women who abort that do so due to economics. a pregnancy would put their jobs and or family in financial jeopardy. as to the comparison of victims of murder you need a dictionary.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:14 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
When does the baby in this have a voice in this decision, three months, six months, nine months, nine months and 30 seconds?

A question for you:

Why should the government make the decision on what a woman does with her body? Why should the government have that kind of power? Does the government get to speak for the unborn? Why?

(In China the government speaks for both the child and the mother by ordering abortions. Is that the power the government should have?)

Old 11-11-2012, 09:37 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Lightbulb Ohio Extreme Anti-abortion Bill HB 125 May Be Revived

So, the GOP interprets the election results as a green light to ramp up the war on women.

Oh, well...

Convinces me I was right to abandon that party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies