Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 09:44 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Looks like there are going to be some rather unhappy campers on this thread because it looks like Patreasus might have gotten played.

His paramore and biographer Paula Broadwell who is also married and has two children may have gained unauthorized access to classified information and improperly trying to access his emails and was being investigated by the FBI when the affair was discovered. And while criminal charges in may not be forth coming... Pretty freaking embarrassing for the DCIA to get played for a piece of ass!

FBI investigating Paula Broadwell, woman who allegedly had affair with Petraeus - National US Headlines | Examiner.com

The FBI Has Been Investigating Petraeus Biographer Paula Broadwell - Business Insider

Petraeus' biographer Paula Broadwell under FBI investigation over access to his email, law enforcement officials say - U.S. News
Yeah that's pretty much what I thought (and posted way back near the beginning of this thread earlier today) - he had an affair and it resulted in a security issue - and the story was about to break, so Petraeus came clean first.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 10:06 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Ok so now that he resigned he doesn't have to go testify at the hearings for the Benghazi attack and Hillary said she is unavailable so she can't testify either?

Old 11-09-2012, 10:11 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Ok so now that he resigned he doesn't have to go testify at the hearings for the Benghazi attack and Hillary said she is unavailable so she can't testify either?
I don't see how whether or not he's still the head of the CIA has ANY bearing on whether or not he testifies. How does it make a difference one way or the other? It's not like ONLY active government officials are ever called to testify.

Ken

Old 11-09-2012, 10:32 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I don't see how whether or not he's still the head of the CIA has ANY bearing on whether or not he testifies. How does it make a difference one way or the other? It's not like ONLY active government officials are ever called to testify.

Ken
wow, your kidding right? He was the head of the CIA when the Benghazi attacks happened so he has information. Why do you have a problem with him testifying?

Old 11-10-2012, 12:38 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Rumor is that the Obozo administration blackmailed Petraeus with his affair information unless he covered up the incompetence with the Libya fiasco. Petraeus didn't play ball 100% as the White House wanted him to...and now Petraeus is running scared because he knows he will be testifying under oath in front of the investigation committee...and he knows full-well the Obozo thugs will leak the information about his affair. So...Petraeus decided to get out in front of the affair issue now, and he will tell the truth about the Libyan mess when the time comes.
"Rumor"??? His resignation just happened. How did you hear about this "rumor"? Even FOX isn't spreading that "rumor"? Do you have a credible link to that "rumor"?

Old 11-10-2012, 12:43 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,499,923 times
Just find this sad. I really believe Petreaus was and is a good man who did a good job served his country well. He made a mistake that many humans make.

Really feel for his family at this time, and hope they can work things out.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
He will not be testifying next week or any week. It has already been announced. I want him to testify. I want him to take responsibility for benghazi. It was a CIA operation and he was in charge.
Now that he is a citizen and no longer working for the government I don't think he can be subpoenaed to testify as it is a "hearing" not a court case. He is a very important part of the puzzle and the hearing will have to go forward without that piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
He is still a military officer bound by the UCMJ. It's a shame too because he's a damned good man and a real leader. I've proudly worked with him and wouldn't hesitate to work with him again in the future.

He's retired. He's a civilian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The fact that Patreaus is no longer an active duty member of the U.S. Military I think that the same sense of honor has guided his decision.

Honor to his job, but no honor to his wife?

Last edited by softblueyz; 11-10-2012 at 01:17 AM..

Old 11-10-2012, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I never cease to be amazed by how many men destroy their careers over a piece of azz. As my dear old dad use to say and forgive the crude and rude, but "tang is a candy that all tastes the same the only difference is the wrapper." The old man was crude but accurate. if your going to trade always trade up. That was another of his sayings and he was right. The point being if you're going to step out on the woman you married, vowed to honor and to cherish you better make sure it is worth it if you get caught. I see it where I work. A factory is a soap operah of sleezy affairs that seldom end well.
Now the CIA is a sleezy, lie filled enviroment. They work with the scum of the world, them being among the sleeziest. I would hope that the individule sitting on top of such a powerful org would be able to control his hormones. If he can't then maybe he isn't man enough for the job. perhaps the men sitting on top should be required to be chemically castrated while doing the tour. It might save them a little humiliation down the road.
For the record. I am 50 years old dec 28. I have never stepped out on my wife. I am in charge of a 24 person team and many have been women and more than a few have offered companionship. I dont claim to be handsome or a stud. I do claim to have the strength of character to decline said offers. You see I have a wife and she trusts me to keep my word, to honor my commitment. A real man if he finds he cant bear to be with his wife or finds her to be up to his standards will divorce then look for the replacement. You dont cheat.... You dont humiliate her, you don't humiliate your family.

If I didn't know better I would have thought my husband wrote this post!!!!

Old 11-10-2012, 01:57 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He has the dirt on Obama, over Libya. He had to resign for it to be legal to come forward.

Joe Biden... President of the USA!

TigerLily24-
"He was due to testify next week in a closed door session.

I wonder if this changes anything in that regard"

I heard on the news, radio, soon after this was reported, that they also added that now he would no longer be testifying in the Congressional Benghazi hearings next week.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
For you conspiracy theorist you have no clue. This man was real man, a man of honor. Something few of you know anything about.

He waited til now because he did not want to dishonor the Commander in Chief. Few of you know what sort of A political man this is. He was not about to speak out against the POTUS the man is a patriot and a hero. He believes so strongly in honor and integrity that he stepped down when he realized he had succumbed to conduct unbecoming.
Yeah, ask his wife about his "honor". His honor to Obama was stronger than his honor to his wife?

He dedicated his life to serving this country and built himself an incredible reputation and had a stupid lapse in judgment.

If he's such a man of honor he can redeem himself by voluntarily telling what he knows about Benghazi, not avoid it. Or is this a case of letting the cat out of the bag himself and telling someone "now you have nothing on me"?

And why would the FBI investigate Petreaus? Who instructed the FBI to undertake that investigation? Did the WH know there was an investigation? I believe if the WH knew the FBI was ungoing an investigation the WH would have squashed that investigation. The way the FBI can be told to investigate someone, they can also be told to stop an investigation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies