Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2012, 05:46 PM

414 posts, read 344,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Again, I am Democrat, but as a journalist am savvy enough to not be fooled by political shenanigans and cover-ups of fiascos. These go way, way back in history on both sides. To participate in a Democracy means to be an impartial watchdog of government, no matter who is in power.
Breitbart just released a new article.

Eric Holder knew for months:
Report: DOJ Knew of Broadwell Investigation for Months
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 05:56 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,963,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
Breitbart just released a new article.

Eric Holder knew for months:
Report: DOJ Knew of Broadwell Investigation for Months
The head of the CIA, or anyone in the CIA, has to be pretty stupid not to know that email accounts can be accessed at any time by just about anyone. And what couple, especially one as sophisticated and educated as these two, writes sexually implicit emails to one another? They can talk sex on the phone. Come on. That is just too easy to believe. And if this is the real story, Petraeus and Paula should indeed lose their positions for being so stupid. That is the crime, not the affair itself.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:06 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
General David Petraeus abruptly announced he had had an affair and resigned as head of the CIA a few days ago. And practically the first response anybody came out with, was Sen. Diane Feinstein's (D-CA) announcement that Petraeus, who had been scheduled to testify before Congress on the terrorist attacks on our consulate in Benghazi Libya, now would not testify.

Huh?

I don't get it. What does Petraeus' resignation have to do with being qualified to testify?

Did anybody in our intrepid press corps ask Sen. Feinstein where she got that conclusion?

Feinstein is the head of the Senate Intelligence Committee that is holding the hearings in the Senate. Has she deigned to tell us WHY she felt that Petraeus should now change his plans about testifying?

Among many strange things in Petraeus' sudden, surprise resignation, this question is probably the most baffling. Can anyone think of ANY reason why Petraeus' resignation, should inexplicably cause his testimony to be cancelled?

This is the whole issue for me.

3,448 posts, read 3,131,227 times
So when did they meet again ? 2006

Judge Jeanine: I don't believe in coincidences | Fox News Video

4,088 posts, read 4,386,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Again, I am Democrat, but as a journalist am savvy enough to not be fooled by political shenanigans and cover-ups of fiascos. These go way, way back in history on both sides. To participate in a Democracy means to be an impartial watchdog of government, no matter who is in power.
The WH is on the record as saying in plain language and unequivocally, the the first they heard of all this was election night, when FBI Director Mueller notified Director of National Intellegence Jim Clapper, who then immediately notified the president.

Now, I don't automatically believe everything I hear, but, why would the Obama Administration lie about something that is so easily provable as false? I mean, IF Obama knew before he says, someone notified him, right? All that "someone" has to do is come forth and refute the president's story.

Lying about something like this would be an impeachable offense. Does anyone seriously think Obama would risk his presidency over such a careless, easily refuted lie? I don't (Unless, of course, the TRUTH would have sunk his boat somehow... but I don't see how that's possible

But was DOES concern me, is, it looks like several people in positions of respnsiblity DID know, including a State of Washington GOP Rep, Eric Cantor, and of course, the FBI. NONE of these people thought it might be PRUDENT to notify the Obama Admin, or the Senate and House Intellegence Committees, that the CIA Director had been compromised??? (Did ROMNEY know??? It's hard to believe Cantor wouldn't have told him )

Whether this has ANYTHING to do with Benghazi or not ( and I haven't seen any evidence yet that it does), I want to get to the bottom of it

Old 11-11-2012, 06:08 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
A letter to The Ethicist colimn, New York Times Magazine from July 2012:
A Message From Beyond - NYTimes.com&

I just came across this:

Quote:
A letter published by the New York Times Magazine's Ethicist column in July--which contained details that sound an awful lot like those surrounding the extramarital affair ex-CIA director Gen. David Petraeus admitted to on Friday--was apparently unrelated to the scandal, the magazine's editor says.
"This column [...] is NOT about the Petraeus affair, based on our factchecking," New York Times Magazine editor Hugo Lindgren wrote on Twitter. "Strange, I know."
Letter to New York Times Magazine not related to Petraeus affair, editor says | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

Thought you might be interested...

Old 11-11-2012, 06:14 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,227 times
NYT is down to Enquirer status, as in night crawler gives birth to kangaroo....and theres no escape for the administration.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:16 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
The WH is on the record as saying in plain language and unequivocally, the the first they heard of all this was election night, when FBI Director Mueller notified Director of National Intellegence Jim Clapper, who then immediately notified the president.

Now, I don't automatically believe everything I hear, but, why would the Obama Administration lie about something that is so easily provable as false? I mean, IF Obama knew before he says, someone notified him, right? All that "someone" has to do is come forth and refute the president's story.

Lying about something like this would be an impeachable offense. Does anyone seriously think Obama would risk his presidency over such a careless, easily refuted lie? I don't (Unless, of course, the TRUTH would have sunk his boat somehow... but I don't see how that's possible

But was DOES concern me, is, it looks like several people in positions of respnsiblity DID know, including a State of Washington GOP Rep, Eric Cantor, and of course, the FBI. NONE of these people thought it might be PRUDENT to notify the Obama Admin, or the Senate and House Intellegence Committees, that the CIA Director had been compromised??? (Did ROMNEY know??? It's hard to believe Cantor wouldn't have told him )

Whether this has ANYTHING to do with Benghazi or not ( and I haven't seen any evidence yet that it does), I want to get to the bottom of it

It appears that there was an attempt to cover-up this affair to protect Petraeus. What I find interesting is, this was a bi-partisan effort and the tinfoil crowd is trying to associate this to Libya. People, Cantor knew and the reasoning is, they wanted to investigate FIRST. Rep King may not get the answers he believes he's looking for.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:18 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
LOL . 45 pages about a soldier having an affair.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:23 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,963,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post

Oh heavens, CIA directors have for eons been having affairs I am sure. One of three things is going on:

1) This is the real story. Petraeus committed no crime in having an affair. Let it drop. Why all the hullabaloo?

2) This is the real story, and Petraeus passed secret info to Paula naively or impetuously during the affair. Fire him for being so indiscreet as to breech national security.

3) They had an affair, or did not have an affair, and so what....except that the whole thing is being used as a diversion or tactic of some kind related to his Benghazi testimony...or other matters.

One of the above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies