Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2012, 06:28 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times

Advertisements

The other woman....the one Paula was sending threatening emails to. Jill Kelley, standing next to Holly:

Jill Kelley, social liaison to MacDill Air Force Base, is mystery woman Paula Broadwell harassed via email leading to FBI probe - NY Daily News

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 06:40 PM

414 posts, read 344,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
2) This is the real story, and Petraeus passed secret info to Paula naively or impetuously during the affair. Fire him for being so indiscreet as to breech national security.

3) They had an affair, or did not have an affair, and so what....except that the whole thing is being used as a diversion or tactic of some kind related to his Benghazi testimony...or other matters.

One of the above.
Or Both NUMBERS 2 and 3:

Take a real good listen at her answer to the question about Petraeus and Benghazi between time frame 34:44 to 36:07.....especially listen to what she reveals at the 35:59 mark. How would she know that information?

Alumni Symposium 2012 Paula Broadwell - YouTube

Old 11-11-2012, 06:57 PM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
The WH is on the record as saying in plain language and unequivocally, the the first they heard of all this was election night, when FBI Director Mueller notified Director of National Intellegence Jim Clapper, who then immediately notified the president.

Now, I don't automatically believe everything I hear, but, why would the Obama Administration lie about something that is so easily provable as false? I mean, IF Obama knew before he says, someone notified him, right? All that "someone" has to do is come forth and refute the president's story.

Lying about something like this would be an impeachable offense. Does anyone seriously think Obama would risk his presidency over such a careless, easily refuted lie? I don't (Unless, of course, the TRUTH would have sunk his boat somehow... but I don't see how that's possible

But was DOES concern me, is, it looks like several people in positions of respnsiblity DID know, including a State of Washington GOP Rep, Eric Cantor, and of course, the FBI. NONE of these people thought it might be PRUDENT to notify the Obama Admin, or the Senate and House Intellegence Committees, that the CIA Director had been compromised??? (Did ROMNEY know??? It's hard to believe Cantor wouldn't have told him )

Whether this has ANYTHING to do with Benghazi or not ( and I haven't seen any evidence yet that it does), I want to get to the bottom of it

Feingold saying Petraeous no longer will testify is how it's related to Benghazi.
I don't see it as in any other way.

Cantor took it to the proper authority.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:01 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
....except that the whole thing is being used as a diversion or tactic of some kind related to his Benghazi testimony...or other matters.
Yes of if must be "of some kind"...

I think the "some kind" is troll bait for idiots.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:10 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Broadwell is a West Point graduate and former US Army Major who's worked with the FBI, CIA and Department of Defense. How did she get into those positions as consultant? How did she manage to get so close to Petraeus in the first place, how did she gain such intimate access as a "writer"? On what basis was she chosen to write a biography of the "great general"? She'd never written a biography or even a history book before. Sounds like a PR lady who was hired to write a favorable biography as part of positive CIA spin.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:11 PM

414 posts, read 344,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
....except that the whole thing is being used as a diversion or tactic of some kind related to his Benghazi testimony...or other matters.
Yes of if must be "of some kind"...

I think the "some kind" is troll bait for idiots.
Reporters like 'newenglandgirl' are suppose to think of scenarios like that in order to find the truth.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:17 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Broadwell is a West Point graduate and former US Army Major who's worked with the FBI, CIA and Department of Defense. How did she get into those positions as consultant?
Hell you just read off her resume!
How did she manage to get so close to Petraeus in the first place, how did she gain such intimate access as a "writer"?
The same way all journalist do, they ask.

Quote:
On what basis was she chosen to write a biography of the "great general"?
She's a freaking contributor to the New York Times and the Boston Globe!?!?

And let's not forget she's got a nice set of bodacious ta tas to borrow an expression.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:19 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Apologies for quoting from a rightie "news source" - - but this is interesting (bolded words mine):

“David Petraeus testifying has nothing to do with whether or not he’s still the CIA director, and I don’t see how the CIA can say he’s not going to testify,” King said.

“I think his testimony is certainly valuable, it’s certainly necessary,” King continued. “He was at the center of this and he has answers that only he has.”

If Petraeus does not testify as originally scheduled on Thursday, King said, “It should be very soon after that.”

In October, King told CNN’s Soledad O’Brien that the Obama administration, at least initially, did “not tell the truth to the American people” about the motivation for the attack and the state of security at the compound.

“I’m saying the administration has not told the truth and they have spread a false narrative,” he said. “Now, are you talking about a criminal cover up? No. But I would say certainly they were concealing or holding back facts that would have undercut their position.”

The agency’s acting director, Michael Morell, will testify in Petraeus’ place next week, said Sen. Dianne Feinstein, chairwoman of the Senate Intelligence Committee. She did express confusion with the timing.

“What I don’t understand is the immediate departure,”
Feinstein, D-California, told CNN Chief Political Analyst Gloria Borger. “That’s the part I don’t get.”

So, why would Petraeus not testify next week? He has more pressing matters to attend to?

www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83649.html

Old 11-11-2012, 07:27 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Well the timing is obvious.

If Petraeus comes out before election day it could have hurt Obama.

If he comes out directly after a winner is announced then that gives the most amount of time before the inauguration speech so that people forget. Even better for the Obama admin would have been for this to come out late on a Friday afternoon...

Oh wait... It was a Friday...

Those tactics have Obama's fingerprints all over it.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:05 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,421,803 times
Quote:
Broadwell is a West Point graduate and former US Army Major who's worked with the FBI, CIA and Department of Defense. How did she get into those positions as consultant? How did she manage to get so close to Petraeus in the first place, how did she gain such intimate access as a "writer"? On what basis was she chosen to write a biography of the "great general"? She'd never written a biography or even a history book before. Sounds like a PR lady who was hired to write a favorable biography as part of positive CIA spin.
With Paula Broadwell, Gen. David Petraeus let his guard down - The Washington Post

Quote:
In 2008, while pursuing a doctorate, Broadwell decided to write a case study of Petraeus’s leadership style. After several e-mail exchanges, Petraeus, an avid runner, invited her to discuss her project during a run along the Potomac River.

<snip>

Soon after, Broadwell decided to turn her dissertation into a book. With the blessing of Petraeus, she made the first of about a half-dozen extended trips to Afghanistan to spend time with him and interview members of his senior staff and field commanders.

Her trips were not without controversy. Aides were stunned by the close access that Broadwell was granted — and that she occasionally flaunted. At the same time, some were unimpressed by her reporting style and thin journalistic résumé.
Despite her many talents, I don't consider Paula Broadwell a journalist. The Petraeus biography was co-written with Vernon Loeb, who IS a journalist, having worked at the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Los Angeles Times, and the Washington Post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies