Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2012, 12:17 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,224,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 12:18 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I don't know what you mean by "real" timeline but here's one from the New York Times: Petraeus affair: Timeline on Paula Broadwell and the general's physical special ops - NY Daily News
Only Petraeus and his girlfriend know the real timeline, is what I meant. The media and the White House can report what was claimed, but that doesn't make it true.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:18 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
12yo's appear to be running things.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
It's starting to sound like he wants to fade away on his own, all of a sudden.

"In late October, Petraeus traveled to Libya to conduct his own review of the Benghazi attack that killed four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens.

While in Tripoli, he personally questioned the CIA station chief and other CIA personnel who were in Benghazi on Sept. 11 when the attack occurred."

"He was looking forward to testifying," a Petraeus friend told ABC News. "He wanted to be fully prepared."

"But now Petraeus is telling friends he does not think he should testify."

Article here.
I think he knows the game. He talks he will disappear or actually he will disappear before he talks. All of a sudden all of his friends are enemies. His back is full of knife wounds right now.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Well, that only proves you believe what she says is true. You may want to believe it, but that doesn't mean it is actually true.
I believe nothing anyone has said so far. I have taken no definitive stand. My position is to never believe media or White House spins out of hand, and to question everything by reading all the news sources left and right you can find, and preferably more independent news sources rather than mainstream. I have no special corner on the story, but I agree with those in better positions than mine that there is something going on behind, beyond? over and above? the sex.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:22 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
To even *have* a laptop that is part of that network is rare (but it does happen).
You're right, it does, but would that laptop have access to email? I'm trying to recall for sure but I think the answer is no. Non classified laptops can use email but even on those everything is locked down tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
What she did with, how she stored, and the level of the classified info is a different issue than whether she had access to any classified info. Though reports she had classified docs on her computer might be false, I'll go with true for now.
We missed each other. I'm not saying she didn't have classified documents, not at all. What I am saying (as is ChristineVA) any such documents she might have were illegally gotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I haven't read that the classified info was embedded in emails. She could have taken photos and downloaded them and saved them in a file.
Not from anywhere within the CIA she couldn't; or any other anagram agency. Smart phones aren't allowed. Photos? Forget it. A regular camera they would have checked the photos on before she was allowed to leave IF she was allowed a camera at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
So it all depends on what classifications are, for any documents on her computer or stored in her email.
I'm more curious about what she had than the affair itself. I do think she was in possession of things she shouldn't have been if for no other reason than if she had a right to whatever she had, would they have even mentioned it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Sounds to me like the whole bunch is psychotic, including the General:
To you and me both. As someone mentioned upthread, it's a Lifetime movie.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I think he knows the game. He talks he will disappear or actually he will disappear before he talks. All of a sudden all of his friends are enemies. His back is full of knife wounds right now.
From your cited article:

"Petraeus has offered two reasons for wanting to avoid testifying: Acting CIA Director Morell is in possession of all the information Petraeus gathered in conducting his review and he has more current information gathered since Petraeus' departure; and it would be a media circus."

It's like allowing a star witness in a murder trial not to testify on the grounds s/he moved to another country and is no longer a US citizen.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:28 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
how often do cia directors change ( edit about conference, off topic

Last edited by stargazzer; 11-13-2012 at 12:45 PM..

Old 11-13-2012, 12:36 PM

We've had eight CIA directors in the last seven years.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
We've had eight CIA directors in the last seven years.
To be noted.

They must have all been having affairs and leaked some info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies