Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 09:06 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,949,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Okay, you don't watch MSNBC (faux news). I don't blame you.
I don't watch MSNBC for "news", just for exposing Fox lies. That's its function. Fox is the little right-wing bully on the block, and has been for 35 years. So the voice of plutocracy is now being answered - too bad.
It calls itself "Fox News", and that is a clue to its aim - posing as a "fair and balanced" news source, when nothing is further from the truth. Shouldn't it call itself "Fox Propaganda" or something similar so people would know? That would be the honest thing to do. Why didn't they (Rove and Ailes) stick with its original name, "G.O.P. TV"?
As a propaganda outlet for the republican party, it mixes truths, half-truths, and lies for the political objective of persuading Americans to embrace oligarchy - so exposing it, which MSNBC does, is a public service.

Last edited by detwahDJ; 11-10-2012 at 10:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 09:06 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,514,252 times
Fox is so unbiased that their main election night analyst and frequent contributer was the head of the largest GOP superpac, Karl Rove, who they allowed to put a clown suit on the entire show with Megan Kelly's now infamous walk of shame.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:39 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,163,847 times
I'm really not questioning Fox News-- It is what it is. I am questioning why people on the right wing allow themselves to be lied to-- and repeat those lies without shame. I also wonder why they don't feel humiliated when they are proved wrong.

If someone told me something untrue, and I humiliated myself by repeating it-- I'd be angry with the original source.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:08 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,672,636 times
So does that mean the Gallup Poll is run by right-wingers, too?

Look, everyone knew the election was in the bag for Obama. Yeah, Romney got a small bump after the first debate, but the numbers in aggregate never switched from Obama. Yet I didn't see all the left-biased networks saying that. They pumped the idea of a horse race right until the end, and they stretched out the drama on election night as long as they could.

It's all about ratings. Fox News knows its demographics, so of course they're going to spin things in Romney's favor, just like the rest of the networks spin for Obama. Any truly objective news source would have called things as they really were and admitted the election was over months ago. But it wouldn't make the advertisers happy if no one tuned in on election night.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:14 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,672,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
I don't watch MSNBC for "news", just for exposing Fox lies. That's its function. Fox is the little right-wing bully on the block, and has been for 35 years. So the voice of plutocracy is now being answered - too bad.
It calls itself "Fox News", and that is a clue to its aim - posing as a "fair and balanced" news source, when nothing is further from the truth. Shouldn't it call itself "Fox Propaganda" or something similar so people would know? That would be the honest thing to do. Why didn't it stick with its original name, "G.O.P. TV"?
As a propaganda outlet for the republican party, it mixes truths, half-truths, and lies for the political objective of persuading Americans to embrace oligarchy - so exposing it, which MSNBC does, is a public service.
I just think it's hilarious that conservatives have ONE major media outlet while the left has dozens and dozens, yet the Left gets so bent out of shape over just one right-wing network. Are they mad that they no longer have a monopoly on the news?

I think they're all biased as hell for the politicians and viewpoints they support, so I'm not taking sides. To me, they're ALL propaganda outlets. It just seems like the reaction to Fox is so hilariously overwrought. If it bugs you that much, don't watch it.

Old 11-10-2012, 10:23 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,949,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian71 View Post
So does that mean the Gallup Poll is run by right-wingers, too?

Look, everyone knew the election was in the bag for Obama. Yeah, Romney got a small bump after the first debate, but the numbers in aggregate never switched from Obama. Yet I didn't see all the left-biased networks saying that. They pumped the idea of a horse race right until the end, and they stretched out the drama on election night as long as they could.

It's all about ratings. Fox News knows its demographics, so of course they're going to spin things in Romney's favor, just like the rest of the networks spin for Obama. Any truly objective news source would have called things as they really were and admitted the election was over months ago. But it wouldn't make the advertisers happy if no one tuned in on election night.
The "rest of the networks" are leftist? Corporate-owned networks - the repub base - spinning for Obama? Fox the only conservative voice out there, and the rest of the corporate media being liberal?
What a continually-repeated, ongoing, delirious, paranoid, right-wing joke!
Will the right ever quit promoting this nonsense? Corporate media aches for republican deregulation and needs profits - that's why they try to keep it a horse race until the end. A balancing act.
You say the left has dozens and dozens of media outlets? Only from your extremist right-wing position can corporate-owned, capitalist, profit-driven media be called "leftist".

Last edited by detwahDJ; 11-10-2012 at 10:36 AM..

Old 11-10-2012, 12:29 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,766,869 times
Randi Rhodes had this to say:

"The truth is that Fox News is hurting the Republican Party. It’s worse for Republicans—we get infuriated by Fox’s lies, but they get fooled by Fox’s lies! The truly destructive power of Fox doesn’t work if you don’t believe what they’re saying. In that case, they’re merely nauseating as opposed to being deadly poisonous. Fox may make us sick, but it’s killing Republicans!"

On Today's Show | RR- JOURNAL - Randi Rhodes

Old 11-10-2012, 01:31 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,983,323 times
Fox has been promoting the idea that Obama was wildly unpopular; the polls are skewed and over sample with democrats; Nate Silver is a hack, etc. Given the fact that Obama won with 51% of the vote; the polls were dead accurate and Nate Siver was vindicated by the results, one would hope this will be a wake-up call that Fox is nothing but a propaganda network whose existence to to push a right-wing and factually lacking agenda onto America.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:01 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,971,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
What are you talking about? You watch it constantly it seems, as you are always on here reporting Fox stories many of us have never heard of, then whining about them. That's basically your platform on here, to the point many wonder if you work for a competitor like MSNBC because the Fox-obsessed behavior here is so bizarre.
I watch it to see what crap they are feeding the feeble minded. You watch it because you think it is real news. See the difference? I can only watch about 10 minutes at a time, after that I get really sick to my stomach.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:42 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,426,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post

Why are liberals so obsessed with Fox?
It and similar righty bs sites are perpetrating a major dis-service on the American public and are destroying the countries moral integrity by turning many into mindless merchants of hate and intolerance toward their fellow Americans with all manner of extremism from birtherism and teabagger madness to promoting irresponsible bs and made up crap like the Jeep story and labeling your President a butcher for the Benghazi incident, and claiming Romney to win in a landslide. are a few of examples.,
Liberals/lefties are trying to point that out to some of the more misguided Americans who think much of rightwing media represented mostly by FOX is a fair and accurate portrayal of an opposing viewpoint,its not, FOX is media tabloid journalism on par with National Enquirer in its bogus content and can say whatever it pleases no matter how untrue.
Think the journalistic equivalent of professional wrestling.

Theres no shortage of sites on Google pointing out FOX's lies and deception,heres one of many.
News Corpse » Fox Nation’s Extra Special Stupidest Lies About Obama In 2011:

Heres how they get away with it.
http://explorer9360.xanga.com/759181...e-in-its-news/

Last edited by jambo101; 11-11-2012 at 02:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies