Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 09:25 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And the voters elected to keep the house Republican. Obama should agree with the peoples wishes.

You do realize that the house is elected by individual states and he was elected by the whole country? So by using that form of thinking would'nt the people have spoken by electing him and not the otherway around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 11:17 PM

8,882 posts, read 5,365,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You do realize that the house is elected by individual states and he was elected by the whole country? So by using that form of thinking would'nt the people have spoken by electing him and not the otherway around?
No, the House is picked by separate districts, not each state.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:38 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
To you Obama voters: Lets see how you all will love Obamacare when there's long waiting periods when one's in pain or a medical issue that needs attention immediately and you can forget the emergency rooms as well as they'll be too taxed to take you.

Doctors are going to stop practicing at an alarming rate and the few that's left will have to take on the heavy load.

The care you get if you get seen by a doctor will be watered down at best, but the new normal is that you'll most likely be refused to get seen.

Look what's happening to the job market after this election with all the job losses.

Look at the low morale of a good percentage of the American populous.

Too many have become dependent on government, have gotten downright lazy and just don't want to work anymore. No responsibility for themselves anymore.

Have a nice short life, but that's right you now have healthcare.

Your brains have become "mush".

So go ahead support the President of his his way or the highway! You'll find out where that gets you.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:11 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
if you say so

I told you, you should be careful of what you asked for.......
I've never asked a politican for anything.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:18 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
So-called defense needs to be cut drastically in any case.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:22 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
So-called defense needs to be cut drastically in any case.
I say lets keep the defense within our borders.

I say that the USA's new policy should be - NO MORE WARS ABROAD and not being the world police and the rest we have been doing there.

We just cannot afford it.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:26 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
She is President Obama's top senior advisor.

Valerie Jarrett - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
She's also referred to as the "de facto President".

Old 11-11-2012, 04:48 AM

1,520 posts, read 1,872,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
No he ain't......... Clinton and one other were Impeached. Nixon resigned before he could be. Obama is going down.... and for things he did or didn't do in this admin not the next which begins in Jan IF he makes it that far.

He is loosing Holder probably. That guy wants out. Obama has a bad case of fleas, and they will be jumping off any time now.

Can he appoint a bullet proof AG? One that is untouchable? Or will he appoint his prosecutor?
Yeah. That really hurt Bill. He served 2 very sucessful terms and is still very popular. As for Nixon, he chose to resign. If he wanted to stay and fight, he too would have served his full term.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:56 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Maurio View Post
Yeah. That really hurt Bill. He served 2 very sucessful terms and is still very popular. As for Nixon, he chose to resign. If he wanted to stay and fight, he too would have served his full term.
What hepped Clinton was that he took the GOP proposals and ENACTED THEM.. Cutting welfae, cutting the growth of spending, cutting taxes, capital gains fell from 28% to 20% and he cut taxes on 90% of business.

You want Obama to do the exact opposite, but expect the same result..

Thats pretty dumb.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:11 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,164,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Romney got caught whispering promises to Putin? I didn't know that.
What did he say?

Anyway, care to speculate on what Obama was referring to. I mean, he was caught on tape.
Obama was caught on open mike telling Medvedev that "this is my last election" and "when I am re-elected, I will have more flexibility" and Medvedev said he would be sure to tell Putin.

Obama open mic slip: 'After my election I have more flexibility' - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies