Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 02:43 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,828,637 times

Advertisements

Let me start off by saying I am a proud Navy Veteran and prouder even still of having served my country in the military and federal government for over 30 years. However, this constant deference to Senator John McCain is so over-played! Yes he served in the Navy and suffered in the POW Camp and yes he deserved many of the accolades since his release. But this man is and always has been a reprobate, bully and now he is showing signs of senility and just plain mean-spiritedness.

McCain was never a "Good Officer." He wasn't a good student at the Naval Academy! His Dad, an Admiral in the Navy "greased the skids" for him throughout his career. McCain did not deserve to get an assignment to flight school based on his behavior and grades at the Academy. He exuded an entitlement attitude that his family legacy (McCain) was and always should be entitled to special privileges and "Title."

For instance, he was involved or responsible for five (5) aircraft crashes/accidents, one causing a fire onboard the USS Forrestal and the other caused by his "hotdogging/daredevel" antics. No other pilot with these amount and type of incidents would have still been piloting aircraft.

And this is just his naval career, I am not going to get into his personal life.

I give him his due for enduring the torture and making it through the horror of being a POW, but he cannot continue to be given a free pass for some of the "hair-brained" and Bat-Crap Crazy S#@t he is continuing to espouse; it is just purely old mean guy antics that has been going on since he LOST the election in 2008.

I am well aware I am in the minority WRT McCain and that is okay. But giving this man a pass on saying whatever he wants is not good journalism nor is politically courages or moral. It's just WRONG!

http://liberalscumbuster.wordpress.com/2008/05/28/john-mccains-naval-career-tells-how-he-would-be-as-commander-in-chief/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 02:47 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Here's a suggestion: Don't vote for him.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:51 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,104,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
What would he be voting for?

Old 11-15-2012, 02:52 PM

831 posts, read 681,011 times

Old 11-15-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Don't worry I won't, nor do I have to since I live in California. OBTW, I'm female!!!

Old 11-15-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingAloha View Post
Don't worry I won't, nor do I have to since I live in California. OBTW, I'm female!!!
Did I ask? No.

Do I care? No.

/sigh

Old 11-15-2012, 03:00 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,280,374 times
And you are sharing an article from 2008 because................

Old 11-15-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper

Did I ask? No.

Do I care? No.

/sigh
Actually I was answering you, but responding to the pp's (iTsLikeAnEgG) comment: "What would he be voting for?"

Old 11-15-2012, 03:03 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,624,025 times
Quote:
Let me start off by saying I am a proud Navy Veteran and prouder even still of having served my country in the military and federal government for over 30 years. However, this constant deference to Senator John McCain is so over-played! Yes he served in the Navy and suffered in the POW Camp and yes he deserved many of the accolades since his release. But this man is and always has been a reprobate, bully and now he is showing signs of senility and just plain mean-spiritedness.

McCain was never a "Good Officer." He wasn't a good student at the Naval Academy! His Dad, an Admiral in the Navy "greased the skids" for him throughout his career. McCain did not deserve to get an assignment to flight school based on his behavior and grades at the Academy. He exuded an entitlement attitude that his family legacy (McCain) was and always should be entitled to special privileges and "Title."

For instance, he was involved or responsible for five (5) aircraft crashes/accidents, one causing a fire onboard the USS Forrestal and the other caused by his "hotdogging/daredevel" antics. No other pilot with these amount and type of incidents would have still been piloting aircraft.

And this is just his naval career, I am not going to get into his personal life.

I give him his due for enduring the torture and making it through the horror of being a POW, but he cannot continue to be given a free pass for some of the "hair-brained" and Bat-Crap Crazy S#@t he is continuing to espouse; it is just purely old mean guy antics that has been going on since he LOST the election in 2008.

I am well aware I am in the minority WRT McCain and that is okay. But giving this man a pass on saying whatever he wants is not good journalism nor is politically courages or moral. It's just WRONG!

http://liberalscumbuster.wordpress.com/2008/05/28/john-mccains-naval-career-tells-how-he-would-be-as-commander-in-chief/

Sorry John McCain didn't make Susan Rice a messenger...Obama did.

John McCain gets a free pass...he had his ass kicked every day being a POW...he can't lift his arms-can you? He was offered a release from the POW camp because of his dad....he refused
Is he bitter? Probably...but he wants to know the truth about Libya..and why 4 people were murdered....and no one helped them don't you want to know the truth?

What does Journalism have to do with it? He isn't a journalist....

Old 11-15-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Actually I was answering you, but responding to the pp's (iTsLikeAnEgG) comment: "What would he be voting for?"
Oh, OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies