Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2012, 10:09 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,673,162 times

Advertisements

Rush Limbaugh Mocks Chinese President Hu Jintao - YouTube

With this kind of hatred by right wing towards non-whites, GOP should forget any Asian votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 10:12 AM

68 posts, read 52,395 times
Quote:
With this kind of hatred by right wing towards non-whites, GOP should forget any Asian votes.
Liberals are just so sweet....can't we all get along...

Openly declared as “Obama’s Brain”, and the figure whose second story West Wing office has been described by political insiders as the true Oval Office of the Obama White House, Valerie Jarrett is letting it be known that if Barack Obama secures election victory next week, there may be, quite literally, hell to pay for those who opposed him.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:12 AM

16,876 posts, read 10,539,064 times
People with higher IQs tend to have a higher level of education, higher income, and tend to vote more liberally. So there really isn't any surprise here.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:18 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,167,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Go ahead and argue with me. I deserve it. I hang out at a bar with a bunch of zealots. But you have not given me a single reason WHY an Asian American would want to vote Republican.

To rephrase it. Asian-Americans tend to be very science/technology focused, urban, and college or graduate school educated. The GOP tends to be rural, southern, anti-science, pro-religion, and prefers work experience over "book smarts." Those cultural chasms trump the "work hard" factor. Yes, Asian Americans work hard, but so do Mexican Americans and many other democratic voters. I've worked very hard all my life, as have most scientists I know, but none of us are going to start becoming Tea Partiers anytime soon.

I'll give you a good reason. Because eventually the bills have to be paid and those that are successful are being made into the enemy. FDR did it and Obama is doubling down on it. Check out how high the tax rates were under FDR and before Reagan cut them. Many Asians own a business or are professionals and have money, property, WEALTH. Yes....they are going to be the new evil group in this country. Just wait a few elections and see what the level of "wealthy" becomes...oh, about 45k or so...."Pay their fair share...or "just a little more"......

Really, Anti-science, so we don't agree with Al Gore and we are anti-science. Ever see Al Gore debate Global Warming with anyone? He refuses.

50 percent of Hispanics drop out of high school. There is an increasing number of single Hispanic women under the age of 19. Drug abuse is up too....so when they become the majority do you think they are going to demand more Liberalism?

Old 11-11-2012, 10:19 AM

68 posts, read 52,395 times
Quote:
People with higher IQs tend to have a higher level of education, higher income, and tend to vote more liberally. So there really isn't any surprise here
Yup...I must admit the result of a higher level liberal education...

BEST of OBAMA VOTERS - YouTube

Old 11-11-2012, 10:40 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,915,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.X View Post

Openly declared as “Obama’s Brain”, and the figure whose second story West Wing office has been described by political insiders as the true Oval Office of the Obama White House, Valerie Jarrett is letting it be known that if Barack Obama secures election victory next week, there may be, quite literally, hell to pay for those who opposed him.
Time to get under the bed, he's coming for you! I'm serious - do it.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:00 AM

11,048 posts, read 16,812,223 times
Quote:

yeah, you guys said that in 08, too. Anyone come for you yet?

Grow up already.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:05 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,909,861 times
Quote:
I do not understand how Asians could have overwhelmingly voted for Obama....

Asians on the most are "hard workers", "ambitious", "intelligent"---the total opposite of Obama...I just don't get it....

Asian Americans overwhelmingly backed Obama, Democrats - latimes.com
the fact that you don't understand... illustrates why you lost the election...where many of you on the right get your information about current events and especially obama's policies and positions on things are either skewed or totally unfounded and wrong altogether.
obama actually supports small business, and supports tax structures that favor worker and small business in spite of what you hear on faux news..

you guys need to start getting your information from somewhere else, because you were also told it was going to be a romney landslide by all of fox's pollsters and pundits..and look what happened.. not just a little bit wrong.. but WAY wrong.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:09 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,284,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
the fact that you don't understand... illustrates why you lost the election...where many of you on the right get your information about current events and especially obama's policies and positions on things are either skewed or totally unfounded and wrong altogether.
obama actually supports small business, and supports tax structures that favor worker and small business in spite of what you hear on faux news..

you guys need to start getting your information from somewhere else, because you were also told it was going to be a romney landslide by all of fox's pollsters and pundits..and look what happened.. not just a little bit wrong.. but WAY wrong.
Yes, conservatives are in an alternate reality when it comes to public policy.

It's not difficult based on polling data to say why Asian Americans voted for President Obama. They supported his vision.

In terms of why Asians mostly vote for Democratic party its clear that if one looks are which party most elected Asian official belong, over 90% of all elected Asian in Congress are Democrats.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:27 AM

7,138 posts, read 10,999,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
The second largest group of illegal immigrants is from Asian countries. It is more about "what is in it for me" than education.
Aw, some good old fashioned Republican racism. That will win them over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies