Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 01:36 PM

68 posts, read 52,455 times

Advertisements

I do not understand how Asians could have overwhelmingly voted for Obama....

Asians on the most are "hard workers", "ambitious", "intelligent"---the total opposite of Obama...I just don't get it....

Asian Americans overwhelmingly backed Obama, Democrats - latimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 01:42 PM

800 posts, read 508,516 times
I wondered about this too. A lot of them around my region are small business owners, lots of Asian restaurants and markets. Seems like its going against their best interests since the Obama administration(and increasingly a majority of the democrat party) is pretty hostile to small business.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:45 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.X View Post

Asians on the most are "hard workers", "ambitious", "intelligent"---the total opposite of Obama...I just don't get it....

Neither does the GOP.

[snooze you loose]

Old 11-10-2012, 01:48 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:

And this is why you lost the election

Old 11-10-2012, 01:54 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:

As if it doesn't entail hard work, ambition, and intelligence to become President

By the way being Hawaiian and having lived in Asia doesn't hurt either.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:55 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:

I can't imagine why FOX would understand it.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:55 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Neither does the GOP.

[snooze you loose]
There are a large number of Asian immigrants who become American citizens, and their children who are first-generation and would not have been here to flourish in the first place if the US' borders were sealed per the will of paranoid, islolationist, racist far-right wingers who have hijacked the GOP and silenced the voices of more pragmatic centrists in the party and view America as a "white" nation. Asians are not "white" - it seems like some people in the GOP are slowly, regretfully changing their attitudes and allowing Asians the keys to the kingdom in their heads, but at the end of the day, they more see them as a means to an end politically as opposed to equals.

I've certainly known conservative, GOP-leaning Asians, but they are the extreme minority - something reflected in this election's turnout.

The Asian community also famously values education, something that the GOP seems to villify and deem "unnecessary."

Old 11-10-2012, 02:03 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times
Airing commercials that depict young Asians in the future laughing as a communist leader explains to them how they took over America doesn't really help either:

Chinese Professor Returns - YouTube

Or the pretty Asian girl on the bike who is obviously American and doesn't have an accent speaking broken English who thank you so much for spend so much money:

Racist Super Bowl Ad? 'Debbie Spenditnow' - YouTube

Yeah. Why, oh why would Asians not vote Republican?

FTR, as an anecdote, the mother of one of my friends who's Taiwanese American and runs a bank voted for Obama this year because she was confident that Romney would ruin the US financially and stifle a recovery.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:39 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
One only has to look at the countries of western europe for example of why. Looking at just Greece its clear that past elections became a competition by candidates of promsing more and more .In time it lead to higher taxes then more and more borrowing to provide it has GDP didn't prosduce enough. In time even GDP lowered as one wanted to risk of investment with taxes taking more and more.Government postions became the most stable form and most rewarding job in the country for most. But eventually they couldn't brorrow at any arte but that which meant in time they were elminated from the market, Now they face deacdes of repaying or going out of the market just like a person who goes bankrupt.Basically its the same old humaqn greed. People in Madoff skeem wheer perfectly happy thinking they were above it all and in on the secret until the truth came out. He was said to have done same for 30 years with some only to leave them broke in the end or huge losses.You nevr egt nothig for nothing honestly.

Last edited by texdav; 11-10-2012 at 02:48 PM..

Old 11-10-2012, 02:41 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
They can't change flats if they get them on the highway. They are big supporters of Obamatirecare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies