Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 04:32 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times

Advertisements

Yeah, one thing. I can't believe I'd see the day where the War on Drugs is finally starting to end
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 04:33 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Didn't change my views. I figured the country had turned in a certain direction and this election proved it.
Same with me.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:35 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I guess we must agree to disagree. The hours worked are harder then what ever you do. Dealing with 25-30 kids at a time is hard. Dealing with parents good and bad requires great skill. Having a political party demonizeing your profession is amazingly a moral killer. Math and science ability and to be able to teach it so your students understand it is priceless.

Nope they arent paid enough.
My son had a teacher once who filled out a form concerning my son's school performance. In the space asked to describe my son's academic growth she wrote; "Chris is tall for his age." It was both funny and sad.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:36 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,650,120 times
Quote:
I guess we must agree to disagree. The hours worked are harder then what ever you do. Dealing with 25-30 kids at a time is hard. Dealing with parents good and bad requires great skill. Having a political party demonizeing your profession is amazingly a moral killer. Math and science ability and to be able to teach it so your students understand it is priceless.

No other job has any issues or is hard? I have in no way shape or form listed what I do for a living, yet you automatically work harder.

I bet if you went out and asked 95% of americans if they deserve a raise and need to be paid more, and what makes their job so hard... They could all go on an hour rant. It is human nature.

So what is a "Fair wage" for a teacher?

Old 11-10-2012, 04:37 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
I didn't realize that democrats were so jealous and wish bad things on other Americans. I wondered how Hitler was able to convince what seemed to be intelligent people to do what they did. Now I understand. He used the same techniques as Obama. Now don't go all wet cat on me I didn't say he was hitler but I now can say I experienced it.

I learned that people are very mean, hateful, greedy and angry out there and would rather blame others for their own poor decisions.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:37 PM

2,549 posts, read 3,980,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
What is going on with this quote? I have read this about a dozen times in the last week.

Since when did we vote to undermine our country? If this is what you learned, fine, but if it is just another cut and paste propaganda quote, we've all got the message!
It's not propaganda. It's actual fact. Unlike some momonkey has actually done his or her research to become informed about the consequences this country will inherit if we continue on the same irresponsible economic path. You may also want to read "The Law" by Frédéric Bastiat which explains the failure of wealth redistribution. He wrote about this since 1850 yet many people remain ignorant while history may repeat itself once again. It's the entitlement mentality mindset that will drian this country dry and then we wonder why we won't have much. Nothing is free. It will come at a price.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:39 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Yeah, one thing. I can't believe I'd see the day where the War on Drugs is finally starting to end
I doubt if they let you smoke weed in the gulags.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:44 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Monday morning quarterbacking is going full force. Folks are in the midst of all sorts of interpretations of the election and what it says about our national dialogue, demographics, future,etc.

I am curious C-D colleagues, did the outcome of the 2012 change your views on any of your political positions?

I'll jump in the fray at some point, but not yet. I don't want to push the thread discussion in any specific direction. I am open, curious about whatever you want to discuss.
No.

We have exactly the same situation as before the election, so we can expect continued growth in government power and spending with NO improvement in personal rights.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:45 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
Quote:

Whoa, back this train up. Do you mean to tell me that you are teaching children? Please tell me you don't teach English.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:50 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
No other job has any issues or is hard? I have in no way shape or form listed what I do for a living, yet you automatically work harder.

I bet if you went out and asked 95% of americans if they deserve a raise and need to be paid more, and what makes their job so hard... They could all go on an hour rant. It is human nature.

So what is a "Fair wage" for a teacher?
Here in NC the average is around $36K. I think that math and science should be at a rate that is in the $50-60K range. The school Mgt. is not doing the job here as in most area's. There are no unions in the area I live in, so as long as that is happening you should be able to get better performers in the teaching ranks. The school boards need to understand that performance needs to be rewarded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies