Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 09:45 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
Unfairness? It's a great blessing and a privilege to be able to create and nurture a life. I know my grandmother doesn't feel she was treated unfairly with 12 kids of her own and many, many grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

God's greatest creation who is the Mother of God and Queen of Heaven was specifically created because she was the vessel by which God would use to send the Redeemer of Mankind into the world to fulfill his mission of Redemption and establish the divine institution that would be the Ark of salvation for those who wish to save their souls.

Matrimony translated literally means "office of the Mother". It's the sacrament in which God established to bring new souls into creation and nurture and raise them to serve God in the Church and in society.
There's nothing unfair about being a woman. God created most women to serve in the office of marriage. It is a vocation, an office and the one through which God calls most women to sanctify their souls unto salvation. Others may be called to the religious life or for whatever reason remain single.
That's all well and good but that's called a religious opinion, and has nothing to do with the topic question. BTW, gender is not a vocation. People chose vocations, gender does not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 09:46 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Good grief.
No kidding! Ugh!

Old 11-14-2012, 04:00 PM

808 posts, read 1,678,937 times
detshen, you do know there is this thing called abortion right? I mean, I'm just saying. That exist. It's an option. Choosing not to take an option, doesn't change the fact that, again, it's an option.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
^^^^^This!
Like I said before, it use to be that legally, a husband could not rape his wife. So did that mean that when a woman was married she was consenting to give up her right to say no to her husband? Yes. Legally that's what was happening. She was legally saying that so long as she's married to this person, they can have sex with her against her will, and it's not rape.

But that law changed. Laws change every day, somewhere, right now, a law is being changed.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Not claiming its equal. If you want fair, go back to Kindergarten.
So you support inequality in America. Something tells me you're white. Have to be. Absolutely have to be. Can't be a minority. Can't be gay. Can't be an immigrant.. If you just said inequality is fine, well. Are you also a woman? Because if so why would you want to pass a law that doesn't benefit you personally and would mean you had to share some of the responsibility for your actions.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
Biology has given men and women different sets of advantages and disadvantages. Reproduction has both for women. Among the disadvantages are several unpleasant physical side-effects. Among the advantages, is the right to control what's taking place inside her body. For men, reproduction requires no physical involvement beyond ejaculation. However, the down-side is that we must entrust the entire process to another person. The best advice for men is to engage in due diligence when choosing a sexual partner.
Yea, I mean, women are less intelligent than men, that's biology, and because of that, they shouldn't be able to vote, irrational as they are. Right?

Yes, women give birth, but we're talking about the law here, not biology. We're talking about money, finances. The most common reasons for abortion are the exact same reasons for dead beat dads. Money, and not ready to be a parent.

If women knew that they could be responsible for THEIR decision to have a child or not, because that's totally at their discretion, there would be a lot less single parent homes. If women were equally responsible as men are for their actions in having sex, it would fix a lot of problems.

I mean, the reasoning for why abortion is legal, is TOTALLY separate from why women have abortions.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:23 PM

434 posts, read 684,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnownUnknown View Post

Yea, I mean, women are less intelligent than men, that's biology, and because of that, they shouldn't be able to vote, irrational as they are. Right?
A word to the wise, don't argue with a fool. And the person who wrote that statement above is a fool!

Old 11-14-2012, 06:10 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnownUnknown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdog101 View Post
A word to the wise, don't argue with a fool. And the person who wrote that statement above is a fool!
LOL! Especially as we all watch yet another powerful man go down in flames because he was powerless to overrule what his "little head" told him to do.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:01 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Nope. You had dinner....now...pay the check. If you could not afford to eat out, you should stay home.
I asked before, and got no response. I'll ask again and maybe you can address it this time.

If your argument for making the man pay is based on the responsibility angle, then simple logic dictates that your view should be that a woman who decides to follow through on a pregnancy against the father's wishes should bear the financial burden herself.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:39 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
I have a better idea.

Guys, if you are 100 % certain that you do not want to bear any responsibility for a child that results from your sperm,
KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS.

How much more simple does it get than that?

Or get yourself snipped!

THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Again, are men the only ones who get to decide to have sex? Oh wait women get to choose also. Do men get all of the choice on whether or not to have unprotected sex? Nope.

So all things up to the point of conception are equal, the problem is, beyond that point, women get all the choice, men get none. I don't sugges that men should be able to tell a woman what to do with her body, nor do I feel that women should get to tell men what to do with their body. And making someone work for 18 or more years for a child they don't want, and for a child that they don't ever want to see, is just as bad as taking away a womans right to choose.
Until men have the biological obligation to do the gestating, their 'right to choose' ends the moment they ejaculate. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies