Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 06:01 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdog101 View Post
Yeah, I get that, but some people make such outlandish, boorish statements that I just shake my head and stay off the site for days. I guess having fun with it is probably a better way to handle it. It is a bit depressing when I realize how some people think, and they probably vote, will have or have had children, etc. <shudder>
No, trust me, you have the exact right way to handle it. I agreed with you 100%. I was annoyed with myself for bothering to respond to people who keep bringing up the same nonsensical arguments over and over again, despite having nothing real to back it up. You are right, sometimes you just have to let foolish and shortsighted be as they are, and ignore them.

Last edited by detshen; 11-15-2012 at 06:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 06:39 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It takes two to tango, so men should have a say. I'm all about men's rights although many would that men have more rights than those people.

And I keep saying, we live in a society where men are left with all the responsibilities and no choices but women have all the choices and no responsibilities. That's not equality there.

Men can get a vasectomy, use a condom or abstain.....those are choices.

Once a child is born, a woman is held equally responsible for caring for that child.....that is a responsibility.

Whiney much?

Old 11-15-2012, 06:55 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

Men can get a vasectomy, use a condom or abstain.....those are choices.

Once a child is born, a woman is held equally responsible for caring for that child.....that is a responsibility.

Whiney much?
how responsible is a woman for that child pre birth?

Old 11-15-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
how responsible is a woman for that child pre birth?
The woman has sole responsibility for a fetus. Do men pay fetal support?

Old 11-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
The woman has sole responsibility for a fetus. Do men pay fetal support?
I did. I wasnt required by law but by good conscience to ensure a healthy daughter. Our little fetus has developed nicely.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:06 AM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,336 times
Quote:
Whiney much?
way to date yourself.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
way to date yourself.
That's the best you got? LOL

Old 11-16-2012, 08:00 AM

2,137 posts, read 1,902,336 times
Quote:
That's the best you got? LOL
don't flatter yourself, few people you run into are going to give you anything close to their best.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:08 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
Unfairness? It's a great blessing and a privilege to be able to create and nurture a life. I know my grandmother doesn't feel she was treated unfairly with 12 kids of her own and many, many grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

God's greatest creation who is the Mother of God and Queen of Heaven was specifically created because she was the vessel by which God would use to send the Redeemer of Mankind into the world to fulfill his mission of Redemption and establish the divine institution that would be the Ark of salvation for those who wish to save their souls.

Matrimony translated literally means "office of the Mother". It's the sacrament in which God established to bring new souls into creation and nurture and raise them to serve God in the Church and in society.
There's nothing unfair about being a woman. God created most women to serve in the office of marriage. It is a vocation, an office and the one through which God calls most women to sanctify their souls unto salvation. Others may be called to the religious life or for whatever reason remain single.
And, because of your beliefs, you are allowed to have all the children that you are capable of. Just, please allow others the privilege of also living by their own moral code. Don't interject your ideas on them. That's just being a bully.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:07 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,187 times
isn't the man's choice when he decides whether or not to use a condom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies