Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 03:57 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,851,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Actually we have a entitlement problem of whites who feel superior to everyone else, that's gonna draw most people of color away from you and you can't exactly kill is all off in terms of freedom so you're stuck with us. You really don't want another ww3 which will happen of you **** countries off. As much as white brotherhood exist in America the world knows America's dirty secrets you don't exactly have a gang of friends.
I have always thought that the answer to global warming is WWIII. Nuclear winter and a reduced human population would nicely offset global warming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 03:58 PM

429 posts, read 652,579 times
The Republican party has to take a deep stance and look at themselves. They have gone so crazy that they are starting to turn off most middle of the road Americans. They are just appealing to the crazy religious angry folk and are run by corporate millionaires using them for votes out of social issues that appeal to them. The problem with them is America is changing, and these cranky white guys hate that. The need to split their party up into the following two parties; 1) the old school republican that is for small government and liberty (actual freedom like gay marriage, marijuana legalization), and actually cares about the environment and acknowledges climate change. I would vote for them. 2) The current GOP of crazy right winged folk stuck 70 years behind socially. Ones that love big government, taking away people's rights due to the stupid religions, feel the need to spend trillions in colonization, hate education, and hates the environment (ones that would pave over Yellowstone for big oil, and supports corporate whores to take it all. Break your current crazy party up in the following and maybe I will vote for the libertarian one. But you Rethuglicans have gone so crazy that you seriously need to take a deep look at your party.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:22 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,689,747 times
Why are white men stereotyped as conservative, behind the times and racist? I know many who are open minded and happy with the state of the country.

Conversely, not all blacks are friendly, sweet and open to people of other races. Some of the worst racial incidents today are comitted by blacks. But of course, that's OK.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:57 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,851,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
Why are white men stereotyped as conservative, behind the times and racist? I know many who are open minded and happy with the state of the country.

Conversely, not all blacks are friendly, sweet and open to people of other races. Some of the worst racial incidents today are comitted by blacks. But of course, that's OK.

I met a liberal dwarf, dumb and blind hispanic transvestite today who was as annoying as hell. Of course, being an angry white guy, I find pretty much everyone annoying.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,919,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
so will we be meeting in tent 23 or not?
No man, i don't do tents... you want my hide be on Mt Washington come New Years Eve around mid midnight.

Be sure to dress warm You won't need any tent then, no bugs, and it can't rain..

Old 11-11-2012, 05:26 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,915,934 times
Quote:

Because, first of all, it's not true. So what's your point??

Old 11-11-2012, 05:32 PM

24,373 posts, read 22,986,934 times
The angry white voter, and the thinking voter were there, their votes were just changed from Romney to Obama after they voted. It was the Obama voters who weren't there, angry or otherwise, not in the numbers you want to believe. So believe what you want, reality will still be what it is no matter how you or the MSM or TPTB try to say its the opposite.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:33 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,734,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The Republicans always lose the under 30's. As those under 30's get older they get more conservative. The Republicans alway lose the women too, except in near landslide elections. They always win the men to balance it. The latino vote is the only thing changing.

In 2004 GW Bush lost the womens vote, lost the under 30 vote and lost the latino vote, but by a mere 9%, Romney lost it by 40%. Bush was "soft" on immigration.

I agree that we tend to get a bit more conservative with age. It has happened to me. However, the GOP has lurched so far to the right that I feel like Fidel Castro when I say that I actually like the postal service, NASA, and the Clean Water Act, and I would be glad to pay Clinton era tax rates if it mean my son would have Medicare and SSN like me.

I blame the whole situation squarely on the Limbaugh/Fox bubble. As the same group of aging boomer guys get more and more conservative, the rest of the world seems more liberal. The don't deal well with cognitive dissonance, so, they double down on the crack pipe of outrage. Lather, rinse, repeat. I really wish they would see that they have created most of the problems they are raging against. But I don't expect that to happen.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:36 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,734,011 times
Quote:

Well, I would wager that 80% or more of the Tea Party posters here are 40+ white guys. Sure, there are plenty of white liberals, but the core of the Tea Party is older white guys who want to rule the roost on their own terms. And I agree that there are many pigheaded women and minorities too.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:39 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,206,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
The stupidity here as astronomical. The more I read from you libs the crazier it gets. Who let your kindergarten class in here?
It is how republicans been treated for 4 years might as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies