Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2012, 06:16 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post

You don't understand polling. those making under $30,000 most of whom worked only represented 20% of all voters.

Yes, they voted overwhelmingly for the President, but they only represent about 15million of the 62million votes the president received.

80% of all voters had household incomes above $30,000 and the President received the 46.5million votes from those voters.
lol you are simply wrong. Whenever the stats don't fit the liberal agenda it is always because someone "just doesn't understand."

The overall point is that those who are the least educated (a HS diploma or less) and with the lowest income levels (making less than 30k per year), regarldess of what percentage of voters they represented, overwhelmingly voted for Obama. Those with a college degree and an income level above 50k supported Romney.

The "47%" won for the eletection for Obama. And Romney was correct in his assessment that there was "no way" that he could win the majority vote of those within income bracket. Ostensibly, if Romney had of run on a compassionate conservative "pro-welfare" ticket, he may have gotten his fair share of that 47%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 06:18 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
You still don't get it do you? That falsehood's reside on both sides of the isle. That until you actually start discussing the problems and admit that major mistakes are attributable to both sides instead of being condescending we're going to get no where. That a my way or no way attitude is probably the biggest problem we have right now. Because as long as that kind of attitude remains on either side, our other problems are not going to get fixed.

At least tell us your solutions based on the truth as you see it.... And please make it more than.. oh the Repubs are greedy, you need to pay your fair share. Or.. the even better... make it fair for everyone. Some of us played by the rules, played fair, and are quite happy with our middle-class existence. And a lot of us middle-class republicans are tired of being told we haven't done enough.

I don't do the false equivalency thing. Look conservatives lie about public policy as a matter of course. It's just how they discuss these issues. That's why you want to talk about "welfare" even though the program is tiny. It's because you are listening to lying conservatives telling you how everyone is on welfare and lazy. That is a lie.

I don't care about sides republican or democrat. I want reality reflected in discussions about public policy. It is just so that conservatives when discussing public policy tend not to care about reality, but focus on a cohesive narrative that fits their worldview facts be damned.

This causes huge problems.

Solutions to what problems?

Old 11-11-2012, 06:20 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,603,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangEater82 View Post
I don't know, why do liberals think conservatives are right stealing racist anti-abortion religous fanatics against gay marriage?

I voted for a better economy, once we have money and are in a good situation. Then we can bicker all day over bull**** social issues.
Because that is what they ran on. Obama's birth cert. Gay marriage, abortion, birth control and Obamacare. That is why. I still don't know what you'd do about our economy except not what Obama did.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
lol you are simply wrong. Whenever the stats don't fit the liberal agenda it is always because someone "just doesn't understand."

The overall point is that those who are the least educated (a HS diploma or less) and with the lowest income levels (making less than 30k per year), regarldess of what percentage of voters they represented, overwhelmingly voted for Obama. Those with a college degree and an income level above 50k supported Romney.

The "47%" won for the eletection for Obama. And Romney was correct in his assessment that there was "no way" that he could win the majority vote of those within income bracket. Ostensibly, if Romney had of run on a compassionate conservative "pro-welfare" ticket, he may have gotten his fair share of that 47%.
Yes, those with lower incomes voted for President Obama. But those voters were only 20% of those who voted for the president.

Those with college degrees voted more for Obama than Mitt Rmoney.

Again, the 47% didn't win the election for Obama since a huge percentage of those who pay no income taxes are the elderly who overwhelmingly voted for Rmoney(61%). Please deal with reality.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:23 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,400 times
Quote:
I don't do the false equivalency thing. Look conservatives lie about public policy as a matter of course. It's just how they discuss these issues. That's why you want to talk about "welfare" even though the program is tiny. It's because you are listening to lying conservatives telling you how everyone is on welfare and lazy. That is a lie.

I don't care about sides republican or democrat. I want reality reflected in discussions about public policy. It is just so that conservatives when discussing public policy tend not to care about reality, but focus on a cohesive narrative that fits their worldview facts be damned.

This causes huge problems.

Solutions to what problems?
Lying conservatives as opposed to lying liberals? Hypocrisy at its best.

Oh I don't know... give me a possible solution to any problem. For heavens sake, it's not like you can't pull something out of thin air. Like we don't have any to choose from?

Old 11-11-2012, 06:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
The sad part is that the population who by far receive the most government spending overwhelmingly voted for Mitt Rmoney.
If they voted at all. The percentage of people voting goes up with income.

My God! Don't you RWs have any youtubes that mock Obama that don't feature blacks as objects of the mockery?

Old 11-11-2012, 06:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
My God! Don't you RWs have any youtubes that mock Obama that don't feature blacks as objects of the mockery?
So now its Republicans fault that blacks embarass themself by asking for handouts?

Old 11-11-2012, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Lying conservatives as opposed to lying liberals? Hypocrisy at its best.

Oh I don't know... give me a possible solution to any problem. For heavens sake, it's not like you can't pull something out of thin air. Like we don't have any to choose from?
Ok, I'll pick public education. In this nation we have some public schools systems that do a good job of educating students while others do a horrible job.

We should allow students within a certain mile radius to go to any public school within that distance.

I think more than anything that would improve the education for a lot of students.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:29 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Wow, this is an easy one.

It's because Republicans love to project. Republicans absolutely love handouts (ask a Texas business or see how everyone in Houston reacted when it was announced the would cut NASA funding) so they justify taking them by villifying their opponent for taking them also.
As a few midwestern grain farmers as well. Do you know there is a subsidy for growing popcorn?

Popcorn subsidy up for debate in Farm Bill | Marketplace.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Why do the majority of the Democrat's campaign ads revolve around the premise that "the evil Republicans want to cut your SS and welfare and SSI and SNAP and Section 8 ...."? If you're not worried and don't want anything from the government and care about the debt and the deficit...
Funny, I live in a swing state and I never saw any such ads. I did see some ads saying R. wanted to eliminate Planned Parenthood, with himself speaking those very words, and I saw some ads of his rebutting this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Because Obama ran on the free birth control and free abortion ticket. You should have watched the democratic national convention. It was like Oprah's free giveaway shows.
A crock of compost!

Old 11-11-2012, 06:31 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,400 times
Quote:
Ok, I'll pick public education. In this nation we have some public schools systems that do a good job of educating students while others do a horrible job.

We should allow students within a certain mile radius to go to any public school within that distance.

I think more than anything that would improve the education for a lot of students.
Sounds reasonable to me...

Now... what about college loans... for or against forgiveness?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies