Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2012, 06:00 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
People your age would not be affected by that most likely. However people 45 and under most likely will be the one's not retiring at those same ages.
That's what the Romney people said we know its a lie. After all the great Obama is not worried let's just spend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 06:03 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Proves my point.... verbal vomit....

HHmmm... wondering why we both get an annual statement then that gives my annual "amount paid in?"
The amount paid in is a TAX, it is NOT guaranteed. If you die at 40, NOTHING goes to your estate. The reason for that is ITS NOT YOURS..

I'd be vomiting if I paid into something for decades and then found out that I paid into nothing. At least you got that part correct.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:08 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
Quote:
The issue is a lot of 2 year technical degrees count as college degrees as well. I'm sure that pads old mitt's numbers just a bit. Why not break it down my traditional 4 year liberal arts degrees and see where the numbers go :-P.

Lol you guys (and gals) just can't own up to the fact that you are wrong. The least educated and poorest overwhelmingly voted for Obama. That is an undeniable fact.

You want a continuous vortex of "breakdowns" in the statistics until it can fit your tightly, twisted liberal agenda! lol

Last edited by itshim; 11-11-2012 at 06:21 PM..

Old 11-11-2012, 06:09 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
[quote=Lucidkitty;26910239]
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post

The issue is a lot of 2 year technical degrees count as college degrees as well. I'm sure that pads old mitt's numbers just a bit. Why not break it down my traditional 4 year liberal arts degrees and see where the numbers go :-P.
I didn't supply those stats, that was another poster. I don't agree with his or her conclusions.

Secondly, how can I break down that information? All I did was look at exit poll data to arrive at my conclusions.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:09 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post

I can't take so called solutions into consideration that are based on falsehoods.
You still don't get it do you? That falsehood's reside on both sides of the isle. That until you actually start discussing the problems and admit that major mistakes are attributable to both sides instead of being condescending we're going to get no where. That a my way or no way attitude is probably the biggest problem we have right now. Because as long as that kind of attitude remains on either side, our other problems are not going to get fixed.

At least tell us your solutions based on the truth as you see it.... And please make it more than.. oh the Repubs are greedy, you need to pay your fair share. Or.. the even better... make it fair for everyone. Some of us played by the rules, played fair, and are quite happy with our middle-class existence. And a lot of us middle-class republicans are tired of being told we haven't done enough.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I know this is what Glenn Beck said.

Please provide a link to Obama's own words , including right before and after so that we can all appreicate the context. Thanks.
How about the dam video? Is that good enough for you, or is hating Glenn Beck all you're capable of?

Obama demands fast action on fiscal cliff, including tax hike on wealthy - CNN.com

Old 11-11-2012, 06:12 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
[quote=itshim;26910378]
Quote:

Lol you guys (and gals) just can't own up to the fact that you are wrong. The least educated and poorest overwhelmingly voted for Obama. That is an undeniable fact.

You want a continuous vortex of "breakdowns" in the statistics until it can fit your tightly, twisted liberal agenda! lol
Obama received the most votes from college grads as well 50% for Obama to 48% for Mitt Rmoney.
Nobody is denying that the majority of the poor voted for Obama.

But that is different from saying most of his votes came from poor people. This is not true.

80% of his votes came from voters whose household incomes topped $30,000. 46.5million came from those voters to President Obama.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:13 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Yeah dang NASA was just like giving food stamps and welfare no difference
I don't have a problem with NASA, but it is a big-spending government program, among others, that repubs just happen to like. The "small government" canard is just that. It's the rest of my post about red state hypocrisy which is important.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:14 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,132,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
Ever since Obama was re-elected, I keep hearing Republicans making statements that Obama was re-elected because the people who voted for him are looking for a handout. This is ridiculous and doesn't reflect any of the people that I know who voted for him (the majority of people who I know that voted for Obama are college educated, have good paying jobs and are financially stable).

In my opinion, while Obama is not perfect, he was a far better candidate than Romney on a wide range of economic and social issues. It had nothing to do with wanting some kind of handout. Has anyone else gotten tired of hearing this assertion?

Now, excuse me while I go check to see if my welfare check has come in
The only reason d'RAT's are d'RATs is because they know a d'RAT politician always gives them more free stuff. Comrade Barrack Houssain bin O'bummer topped them all and we are on our way to a 20 TRILLIION DOLLAR, deficet for all the free stuff he's promising us by the time he leaves office. That's the only reason they voted for him. In real world terms, he has been a dismal failure. You'll get the opportunity to get that knocked into your teey-weeny pea-brain in just a few more months as the U.S. economy goes down the toilet, just like Greece and Spain. It is now too late to escape your Disney Land of fantasy, the train of doom has left the station.:r olleyes::r olleyes::r olleyes:

Old 11-11-2012, 06:15 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
I don't have a problem with NASA, but it is a big-spending government program, among others, that repubs just happen to like. The "small government" canard is just that. It's the rest of my post about red state hypocrisy which is important.
Dang NASA a red state blood sucker things like solyndra now there is success
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies