Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 02:21 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,093,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are you saying that the rest of the country is made up of 52% of the voters? I guess none of the suggested hand shuffles worked out with that bunch.

Maybe you could explain why Feinstein scheduled her hearings for the date they will be held. Why didn't she get it done on October whatever? Yep, hide mistakes when you can and hope the media can keep it all quiet so the populace won't see what has been going on.

And Feinstein probably was waiting until Petraeus was finishing his interviews and fact finding trip. But you guys don't put stock in stuff like facts and truth and actual accounting of actions...we know that. Instead of playing games with what happened to people's lives and those who lost theirs, the GOP wants to "frame" the talking points. And the RWNJ extremists want to use those talking points to push their extremism and hate mongering across the spectrum. We've seen what's happened, and know more actual FACTS about benghazi. Yet extremists, today 60 days after it's happened have attempted to say it's been more than enough time and want to manipulate talking points w/out facts to back them up.

Last edited by CaseyB; 11-12-2012 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 02:28 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,093,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Also, good old tex fails to see that there were a number of multiple voters who took part in that election where a whole 52%, or less, voted for The One. I just can't get over that mandate talk. Actually I think he thinks that all those Obama votes were for something other than his Santa Claus behavior.

It's the same mandate talk that the GOP used, and you've attempted to say in the past...now it's time to live up to your own words.

Bush, Cheney, Boehner, Cantor...52%...winner winner...CHICKEN DINNER!

Dems won. You lost.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:36 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I saw Elvis in church this morning! He was right next to me at the communion rail.
Deflection is deflection and this post by you is pure deflection. I don't even know that you went to church today but I do know that it is at least suspicious to see all those people resigning all at once, just before Congress can make an attempt to find out why nobody attempted to save the man and those two volunteers who didn't even have to try to help him.

Can you explain why your seeing Elvis at church has anything to do with this thread? Oh yeah, your way of saying you sure hope we move along because all this is nothing to see.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I just love a good conspiracy theory. and a good laugh!
Deflection from pure ignorance about the event will only deflect those who think like you do.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It is very normal for the President to re-shuffle his administration going into the second term. Many people in the admin want out; it's a heavy commitment, and this is a natural time to re-evaluate if they want to stay or go.

Oh, and by the way... Clinton said back in 2011 that she was one term and done... so you may want to brush up that conspiracy theory you have going there.

Here's an article from March 16, 2011:
Hillary Clinton Will Leave State Department if Obama Wins Reelection in 2012 - ABC News
Most people know about Clinton's previous promise, however the timing is so handy as she could have gone sooner or later. How about the firings and the resignations other than hers? Go ahead and deal with them, but stop this conspiracy before it takes hold.

I seem to see all of you people using Hillary and not mentioning one of the other people who were directly involved in the Benghazi thing as commanders of troops or Marines. When will some of you start defending their firings? When will you make known what you know about what Petraeus would probably tell us if he was forced to testify at a hearing? I do hope that Obama can protect himself from that event because he has been elected for another term. However, I think the truth will come out and then what do we do?

Last edited by roysoldboy; 11-11-2012 at 03:59 PM..

Old 11-11-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
The RWNJs have reached defcon 1000 on the desperation meter. Why can't you all accept that people don't buy into these faux scandals? You tried for the last four years and failed miserably. Please, for the sake of your future leader, Honey Boo-Boo, break out of the bubble.
Which of the resignations or firings have you spoken to in this attempt at deflection? I failed to see any mention of any of them.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hillary announced months ago that if Obama won a 2nd term she wouldn't serve another term as SoS, try and keep up with the news Roy
Isn't nice to have Hillary included in that article. How about the other resignations and firings? Some of them were directly involved with the Benghazi event and you fail to even mention them. I guess if it is handy it should work very well for deflection.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:51 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hillary announced months ago that if Obama won a 2nd term she wouldn't serve another term as SoS, try and keep up with the news Roy
She also said she wouldn't run for the senate. She also said she wouldn't run for president.

And you believe her?

OK, then.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I might guess roysoldboy being in his 70's might just KNOW a thing or FOUR, about how this country works.

I don't think Obama is the very first so called president he can remember, like most of you.

Nope i just checked and I am sure he can recall to past Dwight D. Eisenhower............
Hey, Mac FDR was voted in by the Electors about 10 days before I was born so I do remember back that far. I was heart broken when he died because as a child of 12 I still thought he was a hero. I was never really "for" Truman till he sent troops to Korea before he got the ok from the UN. I came to really respect him over that one and I was 17, just out of high school when he did it. I came to really like him from learning about his actions concerning the atomic bombs, too.

I can tell Dems here how much we of the Democrat party hated Eisenhower for having voted Democrat all his life and then turning down that party when they asked him to run as their candidate in 1952. We really disliked him for agreeing to run for the GOP. I never really liked him for anything other than getting the Denocrat Congress he had his last 6 years to go along with so many things. Back then I thought his "buying" of foreign friends with foreign aid was a good idea and then later I learned that they were spending what they called Social Surplus for all that foreign aid. The bastards doomed Social Security to what it now is with that kind of crap. I really remember Clinton and his surplus money that was almost the same thing as that SS surplus.

Yep, I remember a few of them and although FDR was my hero up to the early 1970s when the revisionist historians got at him. They led me to believe that he set up the Pacific Fleet, minus the carriers, by having them all dock in Pearl Harbor every Friday evening. He couldn't find any other way to get that Congress to allow him to help Great Britain with Hitler so he set up another of the Axis powers with a deal they just couldn't afford to let go by. I guess those Japanese people knew what Rahm Emanuel said about a good thing not getting away before he was even born.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
She also said she wouldn't run for the senate. She also said she wouldn't run for president.

And you believe her?

OK, then.
Don't remind THEM of things like that. We all know that Hillary is a politician of the highest order and once she has said something she forgets it immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies