Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 10:36 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Here is some real proof that S. E. Cupp can sit in with four left leaners and clean their plows with just a few words.

I wonder if anyone has ever told the clown doing all the talking that Limbaugh keeps saying he is not a part of the GOP. I guess not but then look at the kind of people he associates with. What a group the token conservative, Cupp, got in with. She is one brave young women getting into that bunch alone.

Blogger Andrew Sullivan: Fox News Needs to Be ‘Demonized’ and ‘Cut Off’ Along With ‘Poison on the Discourse’ Rush Limbaugh | Video | TheBlaze.com
Gawd, the Blaze again. Give it up already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 11:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Of course, unlike usual, you did read this one. I know you didn't but you have every right to refuse to read anything that is beyond your ken. Hang in there and don't let anyone fool you into reading anything from that horrible site.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:18 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Of course, unlike usual, you did read this one. I know you didn't but you have every right to refuse to read anything that is beyond your ken. Hang in there and don't let anyone fool you into reading anything from that horrible site.

You do know who S. E. Cupp is, I take it. She was a part of that sad as hell video but you don't know about it. What lefties were on the video?

Old 11-11-2012, 11:22 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
We all know the left wants to silence anyone who doesn't agree with them. They are only for free speech if you parrot their party line. Anyone who thinks that shutting down Fox news or Limbaugh or anyone else aren't Americans they are communists. Take your tripe back behind the red curtain. You people disgust me.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:44 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
We all know the left wants to silence anyone who doesn't agree with them. They are only for free speech if you parrot their party line. Anyone who thinks that shutting down Fox news or Limbaugh or anyone else aren't Americans they are communists. Take your tripe back behind the red curtain. You people disgust me.
I think the left is wise to incourage these idiots to broadcast their poison and lies all they want. The American people are waking up to the blustering blunder and each and every time they say something really beyond the pale the right loses a few more votes.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:50 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
I don't care what you think canuck. Stick to your own countries issues.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:21 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,372 times
Quote:
Here is some real proof that S. E. Cupp can sit in with four left leaners and clean their plows with just a few words.

I wonder if anyone has ever told the clown doing all the talking that Limbaugh keeps saying he is not a part of the GOP. I guess not but then look at the kind of people he associates with. What a group the token conservative, Cupp, got in with. She is one brave young women getting into that bunch alone.

Blogger Andrew Sullivan: Fox News Needs to Be ‘Demonized’ and ‘Cut Off’ Along With ‘Poison on the Discourse’ Rush Limbaugh | Video | TheBlaze.com
She said a few words, none of substance. So she doesn't approve of hyperbole, that's cleaning their plows?? I sometimes wonder if you read your own links

Old 11-12-2012, 05:59 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,978 times
Quote:
There is nothing spawned by nutcase Glenn Beck that is beyond my ken, believe me.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:11 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
This thread is laughable because, as usual, the OP doesn't have the entire context of the clip.

This clip aired Friday night on Bill Maher's Real Time show. I happened to watch it live so I saw what came before the clip and what came after.

Andrew Sullivan is historically conservative. He is still a conservative but *most likely* did not vote republican this time due to social issues. He himself is in a long-term, same-sex relationship.

The entire conversation had to do with what was wrong, these days, with the GOP and what they could do to improve. It then went on a topic regarding "right wing" media and how powerful and lucrative they are. Sullivan pointed out that the right-wing media has been, many times, providing misinformation and celebrating people that end up hurting the GOP. But the right-wing media has become so powerful and provides cash and support for the GOP that it's a sticky-wicket to cut ties with them. Sullivan believes that the GOP should distance themselves from such news outlets as Fox News because it provides them with no credibility.

He, in no way, implied that freedom of speech be taken away from them. Now, overall, I like S.E. Cupp but she does have a habit of pulling an "Ann Coulter" moment and saying oddball retorts that can be over-the-top from the what the real discussion was.

You should know that after that little clip she just quietly sat there and often agreed with most of what the panel was discussion. She didn't even really disagree with Andrew Sullivan.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:47 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I don't even listen to Rush and rarely watch Hannity.

Why on earth would those morons think Rush and Hannity control the R party?

It's clear by reading around here that MSNBC blabber mouths influence the left (the talking points are always identical), but I don't recall ever reading a post made by a R that parroted Rush or Hannity.
If you don't listen to Rush how do you know your fellow Republican posters aren't parroting Rush or Hannity? I listen to Rush from time to time and I see his influence on the board on a regular basis. But you're missing the point. The extreme right winger millionaires who support his propaganda with their money and the same extreme right winger millionaires who have a strangle hold on the party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies